ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 104
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 05:23 PM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So you're argument is that Andy should've pulled Alex from that game in 2016 after Alex screwed up the first 6 plays?

You're take is completely retarded. Stop replying to my posts.
What's completely retarded is you posing a question to me and simultaneously telling me to stop replying to your posts. I'm sure you'd love to just keep whitewashing history and pretending that Andy reid's clock management has never been a problem without anyone to check your inaccurate (according to andy reid himself) arguments.

My argument is that Andy should have had the team prepared to do a proper 2 minute drill where Alex takes some shots further down the field because we can't afford a 16 play drive. If Alex refused to do that, then he should have found a different QB. Of course all of that should have been figured out and planned out way earlier and not in the middle of the 2nd round of the playoffs against the patriots.

So that time management failure on that drive actually goes back way before that one game. Proper time management in that situation is something that should have been planned and practiced numerous times before that situation came up in new england, but Andy failed on that count b/c he couldn't be bothered to have his players rush his precious plays.

I've admitted that Andy is mostly a brilliant coach, can you admit that he has a flaw with time management that has bitten him multiple times?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:37 PM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
What's completely retarded is you posing a question to me and simultaneously telling me to stop replying to your posts. I'm sure you'd love to just keep whitewashing history and pretending that Andy reid's clock management has never been a problem without anyone to check your inaccurate (according to andy reid himself) arguments.

My argument is that Andy should have had the team prepared to do a proper 2 minute drill where Alex takes some shots further down the field because we can't afford a 16 play drive. If Alex refused to do that, then he should have found a different QB. Of course all of that should have been figured out and planned out way earlier and not in the middle of the 2nd round of the playoffs against the patriots.

So that time management failure on that drive actually goes back way before that one game. Proper time management in that situation is something that should have been planned and practiced numerous times before that situation came up in new england, but Andy failed on that count b/c he couldn't be bothered to have his players rush his precious plays.

I've admitted that Andy is mostly a brilliant coach, can you admit that he has a flaw with time management that has bitten him multiple times?
My question was rhetorical, dipstick. Look it up.

I did exactly that. I went back and actually watched the ****ing 16-play drive that was referenced by some talking head on ESPN. I broke it down, and found obvious issues with Alex's decision-making given who was open and when. I made that available above.

Point of fact: Andy's first six plays in that drive should've gotten the Chiefs inside the 5-yard line or scored, with over 4:30 minutes remaining in the game.

But Alex didn't execute the plays properly even with good protection. Just how is that Andy's fault?

Only a retard coach or someone like yourself would've pulled Alex in that exact moment. You know, the AFC Divisional Round game?

And apparently you have no idea how games are game-planned between a coach and a QB.

Because anyone who's paid even a little attention to how that's done knows that the Coach and the QB get together the week before the game and they go over the plan and practice the plays in that plan. They also practice two-minute drills for THE ENTIRE SEASON, YOU DOPE.

Alex had his choice of plays to install for that game the week prior and practiced them until they both agreed that those were the plays they wanted to use in the game if that situation came up. Just like any other NFL football team with a better than stupid coach.

In other words, your argument that Andy didn't understand time management in that situation doesn't hold any water at all.

And never mind that Andy has proven several times in this season alone that he can execute a 2-minute drill to perfection (see Lions game, Viking game, etc.), so long as the QB executes the plays properly. But we should refer to whatever happened in a game 10 years ago before Reid was even in KC?

Damn, you don't even understand how game-planning/weekly practice works . . . why am I talking to you?
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01-07-2020, 05:58 PM
This message has been deleted by Lilmrp117. Reason: double post
Lilmrp117 06:00 PM 01-07-2020
I did exactly that. I went back and actually watched the ****ing 16-play drive that was referenced by some talking head on ESPN. I broke it down, and found obvious issues with Alex's decision-making given who was open and when. I made that available above.

Point of fact: Andy's first six plays in that drive should've gotten the Chiefs inside the 5-yard line or scored, with over 4:30 minutes remaining in the game.

But Alex didn't execute the plays properly even with good protection. Just how is that Andy's fault?

Only a retard coach or someone like yourself would've pulled Alex in that exact moment. You know, the AFC Divisional Round game?

And apparently you have no idea how games are game-planned between a coach and a QB.

Because anyone who's paid even a little attention to how that's done knows that the Coach and the QB get together the week before the game and they go over the plan and practice the plays in that plan. They also practice two-minute drills for THE ENTIRE SEASON, YOU DOPE.

Alex had his choice of plays to install for that game the week prior and practiced them until they both agreed that those were the plays they wanted to use in the game if that situation came up. Just like any other NFL football team with a better than stupid coach.

In other words, your argument that Andy didn't understand time management in that situation doesn't hold any water at all.

And never mind that Andy has proven several times in this season alone that he can execute a 2-minute drill to perfection (see Lions game, Viking game, etc.), so long as the QB executes the plays properly. But we should refer to whatever happened in a game 10 years ago before Reid was even in KC?

Damn, you don't even understand how game-planning/weekly practice works . . . why am I talking to you?
You basically act like like andy is perfect and any criticism is way off base. Maybe if you try to have a normal conversation without calling names and acting like a jerk, you might realize we are more on the same side than you think. I'm not an Andy-hater but to deny any flaw is ridiculous and child-like.

You're just not getting what I'm saying and you're actually proving my point with your "argument." First, you say Alex didn't execute and that's not andy's fault, but what i'm saying is that the "execution" should have been coached ahead of time. Andy should have coached Alex to take shots in those situation BEFORE those situations came up. That way, Alex can't dink and dunk down the field when we need to score quickly.

Then, you go on to prove my point when you talk about "game-planning." If andy and alex got together and practiced the plays for those types of situations, that means Andy didn't do a good job bc the team needed to score quickly and they did the opposite of that.

Do you really think that Andy and Alex practiced the 2 minute drill all damn season and executed it great in practice and then in the new england game, he just did the complete opposite of what he was supposed to do? That makes no damn sense.

If that's what happened, then Andy should have gotten rid of alex a long time ago b/c this was not an isolated incident. How about with Mcnabb? Do you think andy practiced a sterling 2 minute drill moving swiftly down the field all the time only for mcnabb to do the complete opposite in the super bowl?

What are the odds that Andy keeps getting QBs that practice the 2 minute drill perfectly and then do the exact opposite in a big game? Or, do you think it might be that Andy coached it that way since it keeps happening with different QBs and since Andy has admitted that he thinks this is the proper way to handle those situations? Think about that.

Also, you never answered my question - can you just admit that Andy has a flaw with time management that has bitten him numerous times in big games? B/c that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying he is terrible. If you stop acting like a douche calling me a retard every post, then we might have been able to find common ground b/c I mostly agree that Andy is a good coach. All I did was point out that there is a pretty big flaw with him, but the problem is that you have to act like he's perfect and no criticism of him is legit and then name call someone who thinks there's a flaw and try to whitewash all the example of the flaw. Is andy reid flawless? Is there any damn flaw you would admit to?

I'm getting tired of this "debate" as well. If you can't admit one lousy obvious flaw in andy's coaching, then there is no point in conversing, especially with someone who just keeps calling me names even while he's proving my point.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:04 PM 01-07-2020
We love you big Red. Thanks for coming in and removing that Pioli and Co stink.
Those that made the Andy Reid will be like the guy from the Kool-Aid commercial jokes should be chugging that Red Kool-Aid.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:12 PM 01-07-2020
You basically act like like andy is perfect and any criticism is way off base. Maybe if you try to have a normal conversation without calling names and acting like a jerk, you might realize we are more on the same side than you think. I'm not an Andy-hater but to deny any flaw is ridiculous and child-like.

You're just not getting what I'm saying and you're actually proving my point with your "argument." First, you say Alex didn't execute and that's not andy's fault, but what i'm saying is that the "execution" should have been coached ahead of time. Andy should have coached Alex to take shots in those situation BEFORE those situations came up. That way, Alex can't dink and dunk down the field when we need to score quickly.

Then, you go on to prove my point when you talk about "game-planning." If andy and alex got together and practiced the plays for those types of situations, that means Andy didn't do a good job bc the team needed to score quickly and they did the opposite of that.

Do you really think that Andy and Alex practiced the 2 minute drill all damn season and executed it great in practice and then in the new england game, he just did the complete opposite of what he was supposed to do? That makes no damn sense.

If that's what happened, then Andy should have gotten rid of alex a long time ago b/c this was not an isolated incident. How about with Mcnabb? Do you think andy practiced a sterling 2 minute drill moving swiftly down the field all the time only for mcnabb to do the complete opposite in the super bowl?

What are the odds that Andy keeps getting QBs that practice the 2 minute drill perfectly and then do the exact opposite in a big game? Or, do you think it might be that Andy coached it that way since it keeps happening with different QBs and since Andy has admitted that he thinks this is the proper way to handle those situations? Think about that.

Also, you never answered my question - can you just admit that Andy has a flaw with time management that has bitten him numerous times in big games? B/c that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying he is terrible. If you stop acting like a douche calling me a retard every post, then we might have been able to find common ground b/c I mostly agree that Andy is a good coach. All I did was point out that there is a pretty big flaw with him, but the problem is that you have to act like he's perfect and no criticism of him is legit and then name call someone who thinks there's a flaw and try to whitewash all the example of the flaw. Is andy reid flawless? Is there any damn flaw you would admit to?

I'm getting tired of this "debate" as well. If you can't admit one lousy obvious flaw in andy's coaching, then there is no point in conversing, especially with someone who just keeps calling me names even while he's proving my point.
Alex choked. It happens. I've had students perform well in practice then shit the bed when the real deal happens. I'd guess at least 10-20% of students/rookie performers execute poorly in spite of good practice performance their first time in real life situations.

And I have been critical of Andy Reid before, most recently and specifically the Titans game. Though I was also critical of the offense at points, the defense, and STs in that game as well.

However . . .

Your take here is asinine. You in fact have absolutely no proof other than a coachspeak blurb after the fact that Andy meant to call that 16-play drive. Which no coach in that situation would ever call in the history of the league.

And Andy didn't say that he wanted that drive to last 16 plays. What he said was that he didn't want to press and create a situation where the team might try to do too much. Which is the same thing as saying, "we weren't executing properly, so I dialed things back some."

And you refuse to analyze the actual drive or any of these supposed drives for yourself, play-by-play and see for yourself what happened. That speaks volumes as to your football intelligence and analytical capabilities on the subject of Andy Reid/Alex Smith/whoever.

Look, go ahead and believe the pundits/talking heads if that's your flavor. Go along with whatever those guys say and never look at the data/evidence for yourself. Of course, that makes you just as likely to be right as Skip Bayless/Marcellus Wiley/Jason Whitlock/etc. but knock yourself out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:19 PM 01-07-2020
No. I am chiefs fan who lived in Philadelphia for most of my life so most of my friends and family are eagles fans. As a result, I've watched just about every game Andy reid has ever coached in his career.

I was never an eagles fan because i did not believe I should cheer for a team based on where i live so i just went with what got me interested in the sport to begin with and what I liked, and for football, that was joe montana. he was my idol when I was kid. i would VHS tape record the games and try to throw just like him.

When the Niners betrayed him by making him lose his job due to injury, I followed him over to the chiefs and have been a fan ever since.
Well...

At least you didn't become a Chiefs fan because the Niners betrayed Alex Smith. I guess it's an improvement around here.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 06:24 PM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Well...

At least you didn't become a Chiefs fan because the Niners betrayed Alex Smith. I guess it's an improvement around here.
Yes, there's a big difference between making the greatest QB ever lose his job b/c of injury and average alex smith losing his.

I also thought I remembered a few other members here who came over with Montana in 93.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:17 PM 01-07-2020
I like Andy Reid. I like Megatron because he's Korean and apparently drinks copiously and is a lot of fun at CP gatherings. I'm nearly certain Andy Reid will win a Super Bowl in the next few years. Life is good for Chiefs fans, gentlemen. We can largely thank Andy Reid for that, Super Bowl or not.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:01 PM 01-07-2020
Thats the most frustrating thing about Reid. Hes a good coach. Not great. Great coaches coach the entire team, not chill on the bench with the qb when the defense is out there getting their shit pushed in.

Brilliant offensive mind, but with the regularity in every season when he just pulls the most epic display of pant shitting ever and costs us games in situations where a NOVICE Madden player has a better grasp of time management, pllay selection, and win condition.

20 plus years, youd think the pant shitting would be minimal, but he never fails to give Reidtard his time in the sun.

If the Chiefs somehow fail to win it all, Id bet good money that a FULL REIDTARD moment of just the most unfathomable stupidity on his part will be to blame.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:00 PM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I like Andy Reid. I like Megatron because he's Korean and apparently drinks copiously and is a lot of fun at CP gatherings. I'm nearly certain Andy Reid will win a Super Bowl in the next few years. Life is good for Chiefs fans, gentlemen. We can largely thank Andy Reid for that, Super Bowl or not.
Easy there, cowboy, I'm taken.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:00 PM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They've won 11 games/season over his 7 years in KC.

So I guess the problem is that he just doesn't get as many learning opportunities as the other guys...

You people are fucking idiots. Reid will eventually go down as one of the 5-10 best coaches in NFL history and that will likely be selling him short. The guy is an offensive mastermind, an exceptional teacher/leader and one of the most prepared coaches you'll ever see.

The fact that there are still people who think he's even a merely good head coach is an indictment on this fanbase. The fact that there are people who think he's an actively bad one is an indictment on humanity itself.
If he doesn't get it this year, will he go down as the best NFL head coach to never win a SB?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:19 AM 01-08-2020
You mean like when Andy called for two Darrel Williams runs for our last two scores against the Lions, the second one to leave just :30 seconds on the clock for the win?

Or maybe you mean when Andy called the 10-play drive in the second half of the Packers game that included 5 rushes (look, balance), covered 75 yards and ate up 5 minutes to tie up the score 24-24?

Or maybe you meant in the Chargers game a couple weeks ago when Andy called 6 runs out of 8 plays ending with a score by Damien that ate up 2:46 to leave LAC with only a couple minutes to try to make up a 10-point deficit?
No, like when we had the league's leading rusher, and an 18 point second half lead, and Hunt and our RBs had a total of 11 rushing attempts for the game. We ran the ball 14 times in that home playoff loss to the Titans, and 2 were Smith scrambles and one was a screen to Hill that was ruled a backward pass.

Again, we lost an 18 point second half lead, in the playoffs, at Arrowhead, and the RB who led the NFL in rushing yards was not a part of the game plan going in, and still wasn't a part of the offense after building that lead.

Why is it that Reid apologists just can't seem to admit that he Reid habitually loses in the playoffs and it's usually because he didn't even try to run the ball. I get that he is a fantastic regular season coach, and he has been great in KC, but at some point his patented "We will learn from this loss and get better" bullshit lie he tells every time he loses a playoff game (or regular season game in which we lose because of his coaching) has to go.

Hopefully, Mahomes will be Reid-Proof in his second playoff run of his career.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
No, like when we had the league's leading rusher, and an 18 point second half lead, and Hunt and our RBs had a total of 11 rushing attempts for the game. We ran the ball 14 times in that home playoff loss to the Titans, and 2 were Smith scrambles and one was a screen to Hill that was ruled a backward pass.

Again, we lost an 18 point second half lead, in the playoffs, at Arrowhead, and the RB who led the NFL in rushing yards was not a part of the game plan going in, and still wasn't a part of the offense after building that lead.

Why is it that Reid apologists just can't seem to admit that he Reid habitually loses in the playoffs and it's usually because he didn't even try to run the ball. I get that he is a fantastic regular season coach, and he has been great in KC, but at some point his patented "We will learn from this loss and get better" bullshit lie he tells every time he loses a playoff game (or regular season game in which we lose because of his coaching) has to go.

Hopefully, Mahomes will be Reid-Proof in his second playoff run of his career.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
We possesed the ball 3 TIMES in the second half.

In the first drive, Butker missed a FG that effectively ices the game. In the 2nd Smith puts a pass right into Charles chest that he just flat drops that would've continued the drive on 3rd down and PROBABLY effectively iced the game. In the 3rd Smith simply missed a throw to Albert Wilson that puts us in a position to kill clock and at WORST kick a FG to allow the Chiefs to take the lead.

Blaming Reid for the Titans game requires you to completely check your brain at the door. The Chiefs defense got moved off the field; completely dominated. And there's just very little Reid could've done to prevent that that he wasn't attempting. They were throwing the kitchen sink at Derrick Henry and it just didn't matter.

As for "WHY DIDN"T HE RUN THE BALL!!!" -- again, pay attention. The 1st drive had 2 runs, the 2nd of which was a 1st down run by Hunt for -1 yards that put them behind the sticks on 2nd. The second play was an attempt to get Hill on space on an easy pitch/catch that would maybe break open but at worst doesn't take you out of FG range, it was caught and acted the same as a run in terms of running the clock. The 3rd play a little scramble on 3rd and long that AGAIN ran the clock.

The 2nd drive started with 2 completed passes (both kept the clock running) 2 straight runs and then on 3rd down a VERY good play design where Orson Charles simply dropped the !@#$ing ball; a ball that most offensive linemen catch.

By the 3rd drive the Titans had the lead and 'running the clock' was no longer a concern.

In other words, nothing you said has any merit. At all. Literally not one single damn thing you said made any sense. It's fucking retarded and clearly someone who's parroting a narrative without ANY research into whether it makes sense.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:25 AM 01-08-2020
Please explain away Reid's 28 point collapse in Indy. I needed a good laugh this morning, and you certainly provided it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Please explain away Reid's 28 point collapse in Indy. I needed a good laugh this morning, and you certainly provided it.
Well apart from the fact that I specifically referenced the Indy game as the one time in Reid's career where he clearly fucked up, I guess you'd be on to something.

But hey, great job side-stepping the substance of the discussion. Please do let me know how Andy Reid 'mismanaged' the 2nd half of that Titans game.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 104
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Up