« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
kcpasco 04:10 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Not really. This is on Clark. All on Clark.
I'd guess Andy demanded it in order to sign his extension.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:11 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
At this point, no one knows. I posted about Dorsey's mistakes in an earlier post, so again, maybe this is the "straw that broke the camel's back".

But my gut tells me this was more about Dorsey's possible flirtation with Green Bay more so than his mistakes as a GM.
IMO if you are close enough where the straw is going to break that camel's back, then don't let Ballard go. We all knew about the GB connection being a threat. If Clark was worried about that or was a few mistakes away from being done, then don't let Ballard go. Make him the GM right there.

Maybe some of this is bad luck or bad timing, but in the end if our GM situation doesn't work out I will be laying the loss of Ballard at the feet of Clark.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:12 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Well I hope all you ****s that thought I was just a homer eat shit now because until Mahomes steps on the field and develops into an elite QB, my optimism is GONE

:-)
Depends on who they replace him with. But there's no doubt about it that whoever takes over has huge shoes to fill from a draft perspective
[Reply]
DaWolf 04:12 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So, Clark Hunt has lied multiple times?

What was his motive?
Yeah, at least in my opinion. It is probably to give a sense of independence of the job and immunity to Reid IMO. For example I don't believe for a second that Reid signs a long term extension with the team without having an idea of who his GM is going to be over the next few years, so all this talk about Hunt doing an independent search, sure he's going to probably interview some people and cover the Rooney Rule and things of that nature, but at the end of the day it is going to be someone Reid signs off on. A guy in Andy Reid's position, IMO, is not going to take a job unless he is, to paraphrase Parcells, in charge of the groceries. Again, I think Reid doesn't want to be bogged down by the everyday aspects of running a personnel department, but at the end of the day he is in charge...
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:13 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Clark dropped some hints.

This is either about Dorsey wanting to shop around or Dorsey's lack of cap management skills.
Don't you think either are a bit of an over reaction. Unless Andy was absolutely livid about Maclin?

Timing seems odd to spring firing or Dorsey to say before the season he's not going to come back.

As for the cap. Clark's not hurting in cash he's banking from owning an NFL franchise, and if a cap guy was needed to better manage it, spend the 200k to hire someone.

Not disagreeing with your assessment, but it's still totally BIZARRE! ! ! !
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:13 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaWolf:
Yeah, at least in my opinion
My opinion is to disagree with your opinion.

There's absolutely zero reason for Clark Hunt to continually lie about how he runs the organization in which his family owns and he personally runs.

That's just silly.
[Reply]
Boon 04:13 PM 06-22-2017
Clark just refuses to win.
*uc* him!
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:14 PM 06-22-2017
After the article about pioli saving the gay guy the clarks wanted to give him another chance :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:14 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Well I hope all you fucks that thought I was just a homer eat shit now because until Mahomes steps on the field and develops into an elite QB, my optimism is GONE

:-)
Buck up, trooper. You'll be back chugging that game manager schlong come September.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:15 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Boon:
Clark just refuses to win.
*uc* him!
Yeah, gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that...
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 04:15 PM 06-22-2017
How much dead $ did we have. Where did we rank in dead $.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:16 PM 06-22-2017
One of the 610 hosts said he got a text from a source saying that Dorsey and Reid were butting heads about Maclin, Charles, and Mahomes.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:16 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Pioli was excellent at this.

Basically, the Chiefs haven't had a GM who could build a complete roster since the 1970's. Dorsey proved he could do that. The reaction that's followed this announcement makes complete and utter sense.
Pioli was excellent at it because no one wanted to play for his shitty ass team.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
IMO if you are close enough where the straw is going to break that camel's back, then don't let Ballard go. We all knew about the GB connection being a threat. If Clark was worried about that or was a few mistakes away from being done, then don't let Ballard go. Make him the GM right there
Well from my perspective, this obviously was a decision that happened to coincide with Reid's signing.

Clark has stated multiple times, even recently, that his intention was to extend both Reid and Dorsey.

Lo and behold, on the same day that he announces that Reid had been extended, Dorsey is fired.

It seems to me that the only reason to actually fire Dorsey today, as opposed to letting him stay in his job until 2018, when his contract would expire, is that Dorsey wouldn't give Clark Hunt any assurances that he couldn't leave for Green Bay if he was extended.

Hunt pays him either way so it appears to me that Clark cut the cord so that the front office is prepared for the 2018 draft.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:17 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
One of the 610 hosts said he got a text from a source saying that Dorsey and Reid were butting heads about Maclin, Charles, and Mahomes.
Curious what the disagreement was about Mahomes? I can see Reid sticking up for Maclin and I could see Reid sticking up for JC as well. I wonder if Reid didn't want Mahomes?
[Reply]
Page 36 of 137
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up