ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 61
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:25 PM 07-03-2017
When someone back there cares enough to do it right, Hardees Frisco burger might just be the best burger in all of fast food

And they used to have outstanding chili dogs
[Reply]
BWillie 03:27 PM 07-03-2017
Speaking of hot dogs and shit, Quiktrip has some pretty good ones. 100% all-beef hot dogs. I'm not a big hot dog eater, probably only eat them a few times a year, but some times I get a craving and they do the trick .
[Reply]
Pablo 03:29 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Speaking of hot dogs and shit, Quiktrip has some pretty good ones. 100% all-beef hot dogs. I'm not a big hot dog eater, probably only eat them a few times a year, but some times I get a craving and they do the trick .
Yeah. I used to stop by there and get a couple of loaded dogs and a drink after going out drinking from time to time.

Much better use of $3 than going to the usual late night spots.
[Reply]
srvy 04:25 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I miss their roast beef and cheddars, they were better than Arby's. And they had Fried Chicken in the mid 90's that rivaled KFC's.
Anyone remember McDonalds short lived experiment with chicken wings a few years back? I was excited as it was actually something I would get other than a fillet o fish.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:29 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
Anyone remember McDonalds short lived experiment with chicken wings a few years back? I was excited as it was actually something I would get other than a fillet o fish.
That didnt last long at all, I'm guessing they were awful

But that fish sammich, though wildly overpriced... is probably their single best menu item
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:31 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:

Do you remember their short-loved venture into pizza?

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:38 PM 07-03-2017
Mickey Ds pizza... :-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:45 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Mickey Ds pizza... :-)
Looks better than that Chuck E Cheese Spaghetti and Meatball Pizza.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:59 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Looks better than that Chuck E Cheese Spaghetti and Meatball Pizza.
Havent been there since the kids were small, but that sounds uniquely terrible

Matter of fact, everyone complaining about pizza joints have apparently forgotten the KING of the incredibly gross pie... Chuck E
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:03 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Havent been there since the kids were small, but that sounds uniquely terrible

Matter of fact, everyone complaining about pizza joints have apparently forgotten the KING of the incredibly gross pie... Chuck E
IIRC, at least one poster here has quite FOND memories of the place.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:18 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
IIRC, at least one poster here has quite FOND memories of the place.
Hahaaa you're correct, who was that talking about jackin it in the bathroom?
[Reply]
notorious 05:22 PM 07-03-2017
McDonalds made pizza?

If AIDS were a food.......
[Reply]
rico 05:24 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by bigbucks24:
AS someone that worked for Hardee's for 18 years and now work at another fast food joint for the past 15 years, I can tell you a few things.

Fries are SELDOM refried. Not that it NEVER happens, but adding the salt back into the oil is a big no-no and breaks down the oil quickly. Besides, they come out crappy when you do that. Fries with no salt are are a pain. And yes, they are generally portioned right out of the basket instead of wiping down the fry station. Most fast food restaurants use some sort of holding system for the meat patties. I can't think of a fast food that doesn't assemble your sandwich to order. So taking off the pickles or ketchup gets you the same same quality as everyone else. Getting a burger with no seasoning is a pain too. It requires meat to be cooked separately from the rest and messes up the flow of the restaurant. When it's working correctly, there is a pretty good rhythm to the restaurant and flows out in a timely manner. When 1 order sits for a long while because we are cooking the meat pattie with no seasoning, it makes it challenging. Everyone will do it, but it is a little irritating. No biggie. And for all those people thinking someone is spitting in their food, it is a pretty serious offense to tamper with food. In my 35 years in the business, I've never seen anyone do it or been involved in a case where it was done. PITA customers just aren't worth it. It's fast food, they'll be gone in a few minutes.

Whoever said that the quality of the service depends on the owner is spot on, though it depends on the GM as well. There are great owners and there are awful ones in every brand. And there are generally multiple owners within a metro area.

Any questions you want answered about the QSR segment?
Ah man... I think the food gets spit on, but I'd say 90% of it happens during the late night shift. Also, probably depends on location and management, as you said.

One of my friends worked there for about a year our Senior year in high school. He was often scheduled to work the night shift...back then, Hardees was the only FF place to stay open all night. He told me that if they had some down time where there weren't any customers for a few hours, the employees would start slacking off, goofing off, sleeping, etc. and when a customer would pull in, many of the employees would get pissed off simply because the monotony was interrupted and the food was basically a sure thing to be spit on...and they'd just do it like it was no big deal. It used to piss him off and to this day he can't eat Hardees.

He also said that your drunken, confrontational, rude customers at night had about a 90% chance of their food being tampered with.
[Reply]
rico 05:25 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
McDonalds made pizza?

If AIDS were a food.......
I had Subway pizza a few years back. Surprisingly, I thought it was pretty good. Wish they still made it.
[Reply]
notorious 05:26 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
I had Subway pizza a few years back. Surprisingly, I thought it was pretty good. Wish they still made it.
They still do here, and yes, I like it.

I live in a town of 900 people, so it's a small town Subway. It's WAY better than the city branches.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 61
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up