ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 300
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Media Center>The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2)
Fire Me Boy! 03:01 PM 10-02-2014
Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC. Premiere for Season 5 is Oct. 12.
[Reply]
NewChief 12:09 PM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Oh ok. So if I got this right, we're comparing two shows that have nothing in common. Ones about dragons and kings and trolls and governmental bodies etc. The other is about the zombie apocalypse and cannibals and mean people.

Kinda like comparing The Jeffersons to NYPD Blue. It's apples and oranges.
Someone else (not you?) told BL he shouldn't watch GoT because he didn't like the meaningless death of Beth. He just refuted it by saying the death of Beth is nothing like the supposedly "meaningless" deaths on GoT.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:12 PM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Someone else (not you?) told BL he shouldn't watch GoT because he didn't like the meaningless death of Beth. He just refuted it by saying the death of Beth is nothing like the supposedly "meaningless" deaths on GoT.
I'm cutting Gonzo some slack at this point. He later revealed he hasn't seen GoT. So he was comparing the two in the abstract. Much more understandable reaction given that information.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:21 PM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Standby while someone less lazy looks that information up for you....

:-)

No.
:-)

I haven't bought my Prime yet - getting ready to. Figured someone who already had it would know.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:39 PM 12-02-2014
I cancelled HBO after they fucked me out of another season of Deadwood. Never went back.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:40 PM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm cutting Gonzo some slack at this point. He later revealed he hasn't seen GoT. So he was comparing the two in the abstract. Much more understandable reaction given that information.
I love you too. (Some homo)
[Reply]
KevB 12:52 PM 12-02-2014
You really really REALLY need to watch it from the beginning to the present without spoiling yourself in the interim. It's a great show, but not one you just dip your toe into from time to time. Basically it's all one gigantic saga that builds on itself as it goes along. Not every episode is mandatory watching, but skipping entire seasons or starting up with the present episodes is not advised.
100%, and I'm jealous of anyone who hasn't started GoT and can now watch fresh from the beginning. Once you start watching, I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to see every episode.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:08 PM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by KevB:
100%, and I'm jealous of anyone who hasn't started GoT and can now watch fresh from the beginning. Once you start watching, I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to see every episode.
Found it on the dish on HBO On Demand, gonna start a marathon watch this weekend.
Far as that goes might start it tonight after The Flash. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:09 PM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by KevB:
I'd submit its also one of the most rewatchable shows as well. You catch a lot armed with foreknowledge. But that's different from watching for the first time knowing what's coming due to spoilers.
[Reply]
Gonzo 02:30 PM 12-02-2014
Ok. I'll give it a shot. What the hell.
[Reply]
notorious 10:11 PM 12-02-2014
Just finished the last episode.

Wife cried. They should have cleaned house at the hospital.
[Reply]
notorious 10:29 PM 12-02-2014
It looks like they take Beth back to the farm to bury her. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:31 PM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by notorious:
Just finished the last episode.

Wife cried. They should have cleaned house at the hospital.
Make your wife watch Talking Dead. 'Beth' guests and tears up several times reminiscing about working on the show.
[Reply]
notorious 10:51 PM 12-02-2014
Make your wife watch Talking Dead. 'Beth' guests and tears up several times reminiscing about working on the show.
Oh, we watched that, too. She wouldn't stop crying.

I fast forwarded through that shit to the preview for next 1/2 season. :-)

Wife was not impressed.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:40 PM 12-02-2014
If I got this right, the only reason the two are being compared is because I remarked on shitty writing and someone warned me that if I couldn't handle characters dying, I should stay away from GoT.
Basically.

In walking dead a lot of main characters die, just like GoT. Both are top shows.
Everyone knew a death was coming, it is an apocalyptic tv series. People are going to die tons of ways. Not all of them herioc or meaningfully.

Would a cut on her finger and dying of infection been a better death?
Her death and how it happened reminded people that shit is ****ed up and makes nothing makes sense in their lives. It reminded them of it. Reminded the viewers also it seems.

The only thing I am shocked of was there was no big shoot out and more deaths..
[Reply]
Valiant 11:41 PM 12-02-2014
You really really REALLY need to watch it from the beginning to the present without spoiling yourself in the interim. It's a great show, but not one you just dip your toe into from time to time. Basically it's all one gigantic saga that builds on itself as it goes along. Not every episode is mandatory watching, but skipping entire seasons or starting up with the present episodes is not advised.
Also per Baby Lee's suggestion, you might want to watch season 1 twice. It takes a lot of watching to understand the characters and houses.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 300
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up