ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 56
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
trndobrd 03:26 PM 05-14-2007
Originally Posted by NewChief:
From what I read, he was saying, "I get it."

I didn't see the episode, but that's what the summary said.

And that damn flashing light in the distance from last season. :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:28 PM 05-14-2007
They're doing a good job of making T S unlikeable, and preparing you to enjoy his downfall.

I just hope he takes out Phil first.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:29 PM 05-14-2007
HBO was sooooo irresponsible and I'm sure Dane was discusted to notice that the CD of the "Departed' soundtrack, was a burned, pirated copy, titled in Sharpe.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:55 PM 05-14-2007
I think is still in the coma. Everything's happening exactly as he'd like to see it happen. Uncle Junior's way out of the picture, the Feds are off his back, Chistopher's gone, etc.

It's all too neat and tidy. Of course, I could be wrong.
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:57 PM 05-14-2007
Wow, i didnt expect Christopher to get 86'ed like that. I really thought he would make it.
[Reply]
elvomito 09:55 PM 05-14-2007
did you notice his luck came back with christopher dead? thats what he was laughing about

anyway, i just read some upcoming episode spoilers.
sounds good
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:14 AM 05-15-2007
taste the snow
[Reply]
Miles 01:29 AM 05-15-2007
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think is still in the coma. Everything's happening exactly as he'd like to see it happen. Uncle Junior's way out of the picture, the Feds are off his back, Chistopher's gone, etc.

It's all too neat and tidy. Of course, I could be wrong.
I would be really disappointed/annoyed with the writing if that were the case. I think it's more of the calm before the storm type of thing.

I really enjoyed this latest episode and thought the whole "Christopher is finally dead and my luck is back" was well done. I have read a lot of bitching about this season but I have enjoyed it far more than the previous one.
[Reply]
eazyb81 07:11 AM 05-15-2007
Just got done watching the last episode, and all I can say is.....what the f#ck?

What was the point of killing Christopher? I mean, if he truly thought that he may rat him out, why not whack him earlier? Or did Tony know Chris had fallen off the wagon, and it would be an ongoing saga for the rest of his life, and by killing him he was doing Chris and everyone else a favor? I don't know, that just came off as odd to me.

Next, what is the deal with the gambling? Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but they have never played up Tony as this huge gambler until these last few episodes. What's the point of all of this? Shouldn't they be tying up loose storylines in the last 3-4 episodes, rather than create new ones?

I have to admit, i'm pretty disappointed with this last season. I was really hoping we would see this big war between the two families, or the feds would be trying to take down Tony, or AJ would join the family....something exciting, similar to the previous seasons. I don't like where the writers are heading with this, it seems like they are trying to create more questions than complete ongoing storylines.
[Reply]
FD 08:40 AM 05-15-2007
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
Just got done watching the last episode, and all I can say is.....what the f#ck?

What was the point of killing Christopher? I mean, if he truly thought that he may rat him out, why not whack him earlier? Or did Tony know Chris had fallen off the wagon, and it would be an ongoing saga for the rest of his life, and by killing him he was doing Chris and everyone else a favor? I don't know, that just came off as odd to me.
Tony just saw he had a easy blameless opportunity to get rid of Christopher, who had become one of his biggest liabilities, not to mention such a personal disappointment. I think when he saw the limb through the car seat it put it over the top. Tony can be pretty frickin machiavellian when he needs to, and with everything going on with Chris he took this as an easy out.

I thought this episode was fantastic and this recent batch have almost all been great.
[Reply]
eazyb81 09:48 AM 05-15-2007
Originally Posted by Forward Dante:
Tony just saw he had a easy blameless opportunity to get rid of Christopher, who had become one of his biggest liabilities, not to mention such a personal disappointment. I think when he saw the limb through the car seat it put it over the top. Tony can be pretty frickin machiavellian when he needs to, and with everything going on with Chris he took this as an easy out.

I thought this episode was fantastic and this recent batch have almost all been great.
I don't know, I really don't think Tony necessarily needs an easy excuse to whack anyone, especially Christopher. He's the damn boss, no one would question him if he put in a request to knock him off. It was odd that he basically decided out of nowhere to go ahead and kill him when he had an easy opportunity, which IMO doesn't seem very realistic.
[Reply]
Braincase 11:10 AM 05-15-2007
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
HBO was sooooo irresponsible and I'm sure Dane was discusted to notice that the CD of the "Departed' soundtrack, was a burned, pirated copy, titled in Sharpe.
"Mafia Kingpin Taken Down by RIAA"
[Reply]
FD 08:46 AM 05-16-2007
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
I don't know, I really don't think Tony necessarily needs an easy excuse to whack anyone, especially Christopher. He's the damn boss, no one would question him if he put in a request to knock him off. It was odd that he basically decided out of nowhere to go ahead and kill him when he had an easy opportunity, which IMO doesn't seem very realistic.
Its not so much that he needed an excuse and had been waiting, but the circumstances just worked out that he had the perfect opportunity to get rid of a major problem that nobody would even think twice about.
[Reply]
Sully 07:01 PM 05-20-2007
I don't so much care at all what happens tonight, as long as there is more of Sarah Shahi.
I've had my eye on here since her role on last year's awful sitcom, "Teachers" (still watched it, though) and her 3-second role in the movie "A Lot Like Love." (yeah, even in 3 seconds, I noticed it was her)
[Reply]
Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 07:58 PM 05-20-2007
Wow....... what a great episode.

One point though if I were in Tony's shoes I would have killed CoCo.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 56
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up