ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 268
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
keg in kc 04:04 PM 12-19-2016
Dane, I wasn't trying to create any scenario, complicated or otherwise. I was telling you just how unlikely your scenario is based on what's been revealed about Sabine's parents on Rebels itself as well as comments made by Filoni.

I'm not saying it's impossible - I think it would be cool and have championed the Kenobi theory for a long time regarding Rey. But as far as overly complicated goes, I don't think you can get much more complicated than having Rey be the descendent of Luke and a cartoon character from Rebels who was herself sired by Ben and and another cartoon character from Clone Wars. If they did go that route they'd have to find a way to introduce both Satine and Sabine to the film audience, the great majority of whom would have never seen them.

In addition Disney recently commented that appearances by characters from Rebels are very unlikely.

But hey, anything is possible.

And we definitely are seeing Bo-Katan again. Because Katee Sackoff has done the voice work. So there's a chance she's Sabine's mom. Or there's a chance that she tells Sabine that Satine is her mom. Or hell, maybe it's Rook Kast or some other even more obscure Clone Wars character.

As far as Sabine recognizing the Darksaber, well, of course she did. It's a key part of Mandalorean history, of particular importance to House Viszla, of which her clan, Wren, is a part. Think you're reading too much there.

But who knows...they could go any direction they want.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:20 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
In addition Disney recently commented that appearances by characters from Rebels are very unlikely.
Actually, that's the exact opposite of what Pablo Hidalgo and Dave Filoni have said.

Saw Gerrera is just the first.

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-rebels-movie-crossover/

"I would never say never to that. I mean, now that Lucasfilm is so integrated in story from top to bottom in all different forms of media, we already have had our characters cross over into novels. We're gonna have our crossover into comic books. I would say it's entirely possible. And I would encourage it. I've talked to the creators of the other films going on and, you know, I've always made it clear if you want somebody, just let me know. They can jump over there. I don't care. I'm all for it. Because I think it makes the experience for fans so much stronger. And what a moment it would be to see some of these animated characters up there live on the screen. It would be great for me too."
[Reply]
Bowser 04:59 PM 12-19-2016
So, thoughts on Snoke -

(spoilered for those that haven't seen R1)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 05:02 PM 12-19-2016
And for keg and Dane - I think both of those theories are stretches, but one of you is likely right. There's just not enough backstory on Rey at the moment to nail anything down. I do think it means something that Obi-Wan is the first voice she hears in her force vision, with Luke, Vader and Kylo all being prominent as well. I'm just not sure which theory sounds better at the moment.
[Reply]
Fish 05:26 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So, thoughts on Snoke -

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 05:32 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Full disclosure - I had that thought in my head and then saw one of Stupendous Wave's videos saying much the same. I felt really smart, right up until Fish brought me back down to Earth, lol.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:53 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So, thoughts on Snoke -

Spoiler!
He's not 7-8 foot tall, as Snoke has been described
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:47 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He's not 7-8 foot tall, as Snoke has been described
Could he have been in the death star when it blew up and that's where the scars he has came from? Maybe him being so small is why he projects himself so large now.

Bowser might be on to something
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:49 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Could he have been in the death star when it blew up and that's where the scars he has came from? Maybe him being so small is why he projects himself so large now.

Bowser might be on to something
It's already been leaked that a 7-8 puppet, along with VFX, will be used for Snoke in Epi VIII.

I think they were just messing with us. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:12 PM 12-19-2016
It's already been leaked that a 7-8 puppet, along with VFX, will be used for Snoke in Epi VIII.

I think they were just messing with us. :-)
Would be a crazy tie in. Vader was flying when it blew up, that's why he wasn't on it, but theoretically his "concierge" would have still been on it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:01 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Would be a crazy tie in. Vader was flying when it blew up, that's why he wasn't on it, but theoretically his "concierge" would have still been on it.
I'm really interested in Snoke and his back story and I don't think anything or anyone should be eliminated.

December 2017 can't get here fast enough for me.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:34 PM 12-19-2016
I'm really interested in Snoke and his back story and I don't think anything or anyone should be eliminated.

December 2017 can't get here fast enough for me.
Being on the death star when it blew would account for the terrible injuries
[Reply]
Bowser 11:18 PM 12-19-2016
I'm telling you, if Dane's daughter called it the first time she saw Snoke and he turns out to be the Grand Inquisitor from Rebels, bricks will be shat. Also if that happens, get her into some Mensa think tank, stat.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 02:13 PM 12-20-2016
Hate to burst your bubble but:
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/0...ar-wars-story/
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:18 PM 12-27-2016
Actually, that's the exact opposite of what Pablo Hidalgo and Dave Filoni have said.

Saw Gerrera is just the first.

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-rebels-movie-crossover/

"I would never say never to that. I mean, now that Lucasfilm is so integrated in story from top to bottom in all different forms of media, we already have had our characters cross over into novels. We're gonna have our crossover into comic books. I would say it's entirely possible. And I would encourage it. I've talked to the creators of the other films going on and, you know, I've always made it clear if you want somebody, just let me know. They can jump over there. I don't care. I'm all for it. Because I think it makes the experience for fans so much stronger. And what a moment it would be to see some of these animated characters up there live on the screen. It would be great for me too."
I'll take Kathleen Kennedy over either of them:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/...to-live-action
[Reply]
Page 36 of 268
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up