ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 352 of 663
« First < 252302342348349350351352 353354355356362402452 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 09:53 AM 11-16-2015
https://instagram.com/p/-IERfCjZEt/

:-) Joe Rogan's face at the end
[Reply]
frankotank 03:13 PM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Id say Dana is crying himself to sleep.
playing catchup...and I'm sure somebody will have beat me to the punch on this...but I don't think he's crying. hell it's GOOD for the sport! who the hell was she gonna fight next??? a dude? this opens up all kinds of possibilities.
[Reply]
frankotank 03:22 PM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
I am so happy. Ronda Rousey is a ****ing unlikable bitch. Her criticism of Tate was mostly undeserved, and Rousey was generally a talented but thoroughly unlikable person.

If this ultimately leads to the rise of Meisha Tate, that would be awesome.
this!
the weigh in fiasco is a perfect example. she looked like a ****ing IDIOT!
"I'm so sick of your fake niceness" what a stupid bitch. hell Rhonda started the shit....Holly just wasn't gonna back down. good for you Holly.

she also demeans Tate at every turn...the latest saying of Tate's unhappiness with being passed over for another shot (AFTER White told her she was next) she said "you've already had more tries than anybody else and you got your ass beat twice. what do you want?" well...she does have a point...but you just gotta be a dick huh?

don't forget Tate went farther with Rousey than anyone else had. basically she hates Tate because of a comment her boyfriend made. how stupid is that.

I don't think Tate will win a #3...but one can hope.....

Rousey is just not likeable.

Rousey
[Reply]
frankotank 03:25 PM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
They both can be very entertaining. UFCs 155lb class has always had some great fights. The Gati/Ward trilogy were my favorite boxing matches ever.
Hagler / Hearns
[Reply]
frankotank 03:45 PM 11-16-2015
Herb Dean is a quality as they come....and I know it happens fast....I get that...but I'll bet you a buffalo nickle he wishes he'd have jumped in more quickly. those two hammer fists she took after she was already unconscious were just brutal.

starting at about 10:25 from this angle you can see the hammer fists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipb2pEAuyno
[Reply]
jd1020 04:16 PM 11-16-2015
Holms won that fight at weigh in. Rousey looked like fucking shit the night before and let Holms get in her head like no other.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:16 PM 11-16-2015
McCarthy doesn't really change and his trigger is pretty much the same for all fights, but I noticed Herb Dean waits an extra beat for main events and championship fights. Not an absurdly long time, but maybe one more punch.

Which, might not be a bad thing, the stakes are enormous for the fighters, maybe give them slightly more time to get out of it than normal.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:18 PM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
playing catchup...and I'm sure somebody will have beat me to the punch on this...but I don't think he's crying. hell it's GOOD for the sport! who the hell was she gonna fight next??? a dude? this opens up all kinds of possibilities.
Dana cares about money and the moment Rousey got knocked out you could see the dollars pour out of his eyes as a Rousey vs Cyborg super fight went down the drain.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:35 PM 11-16-2015
Has anybody else heard Rousey fired one of her trainers
[Reply]
alnorth 04:45 PM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
Has anybody else heard Rousey fired one of her trainers
No. Wouldn't be surprised if she eventually does, but a lot of people have been calling their shot with bullshit stories that sound plausible, hoping to get lucky. (Rousey has a broken jaw, Rousey is quitting MMA, Rousey fired her coach, etc)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:53 PM 11-16-2015
No. Wouldn't be surprised if she eventually does, but a lot of people have been calling their shot with bullshit stories that sound plausible, hoping to get lucky. (Rousey has a broken jaw, Rousey is quitting MMA, Rousey fired her coach, etc)
I have heard a lot of that too..wanted to see if you guys had heard anything
[Reply]
alnorth 05:55 PM 11-16-2015
The current estimates for PPV buys for 193 are just under 1.1MM
[Reply]
New World Order 05:57 PM 11-16-2015
The current estimates for PPV buys for 193 are just under 1.1MM

God damn. What do you think Mcgregor/Aldo will do?
[Reply]
Saul Good 06:28 PM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
This was terrible for their marketing. The fans got caught up in the idea that Roysey was some sort of phenom. Getting knocked out with ease by a 34 year old nobody just gave everyone a peek behind the curtain.

And for everyone complaining about how unlikable she is...it's an act. She patterned herself after Mayweather's schtick. It sells tickets. She was all style and no substance. Credit to her for cashing in while she could. She will be nothing but a footnote in MMA history.
[Reply]
Sully 09:35 AM 11-17-2015
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
People who think UFC is a better sport than boxing are like people who think the And 1 Mixtape Tour is superior to the NBA or Arena football is superior to the NFL. The overall lack of skill makes for more highlight reel material. If you don't understand the sport of boxing enough to appreciate the strategy, footwork, etc., then MMA is going to be more attractive to you because the fighters constantly make mistakes that allow their opponents to smash their faces in. You get a lot more violence that way.
I'm that guy.
When I watch boxing, I see guys circling, hugging, with a few punches thrown in. I've never been in a boxing match. I have no frame of reference.
However, I wrestled, I've been in fights which were far more like a MMA fight than a boxing match. I've got more of a frame of reference. And, yea... there is more action.

I'm to fighting as newer fans are to other sports.
I love the hell out of a pitchers duel.
I love to see a defensive battle in football.
But in fighting, I want to see action.
[Reply]
Page 352 of 663
« First < 252302342348349350351352 353354355356362402452 > Last »
Up