ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 193
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Troy Franklin is 6'3 and all the hype is he is a sub 4.4 guy if he runs a 4.3 he's going round 1.
That should definitely be the thing that gives his stock a huge boost, but for now the consensus seems to be that he's not a 1st.

He'd still be neck and neck with Brian Thomas Jr. for me today, and they'd be followed by Leggette.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 11:45 AM 01-11-2024
Tez Walker is someone I like in the second. His college career has been a nightmare to follow. But when he finally got the chance he took off.

If this class weren’t so deep at wr, and he had 2 years of playing at a school like UNC he’s probably going in the mid first.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:56 AM 01-11-2024
Xavier Worthy is probably the odd man out here. He's listed at 6'1" 172 lbs and you can see how lanky he is wearing pads. He's fast but I think his weight is gonna hurt him
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:29 PM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Xavier Worthy is probably the odd man out here. He's listed at 6'1" 172 lbs and you can see how lanky he is wearing pads. He's fast but I think his weight is gonna hurt him
Yeah - he plays as light as he measures.

Just too easy to body off the ball. I think he has the same issues Hyatt had last season, I liked Hyatt quite a bit more than the NFL did and he ended up going in the 3rd round.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Worthy have the same sort of slide. He's really not on my 1st round list at all. He's just too damn slight.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:30 PM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Am I wrong to not have much interest in those lanky jump ball type guys?
Nope.

If for no other reason than I don't see KC having an interest in them either. I'm hopeful we see a team or two that grabs them to push guys I like better down a bit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:34 PM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not a big fan of them myself.

I'm not particularly sure Keon Coleman is actually a first rounder. He looks incredibly slow and doesn't really get much separation against college CBs. NFL CBs are going to cover him like a blanket, which just emphasizes more on winning jump balls and contested catches. That isn't as easy in the pros either. I'm just don't know that he has that first round pedigree, despite all the pundits thinking he's a top 20 type. He sure doesn't look it. I'd say Franklin and Thomas are MUCH more of a sure thing to go in 1 than him. Then again, maybe I'm just wrong but my eyes don't like what I see from the guy.
Agreed.

The more digging I've done into the class, the more I'm paring that 1st round list down. There are the same 3 that I think are obvious 1st rounders, Egbuka's out so that leaves Thomas as WR4 (fairly easily, IMO) and then Walker has a shot at putting himself into consideration in the 1st round for me. Mitchell is a guy I need to look at a little more as well to decide where I stand on him.

The other guys just have issues they can't do anything about at this point. Franklin and Worthy are scrawny, Coleman is slow. Leggett's lack of productivity prior to this season concerns me, though interviews might be able to tell me the story there.
[Reply]
O.city 12:43 PM 01-11-2024
All those fringy 1st round guys don't overly excite me in that I could just wait and trade up a bit for Leggette in the 2nd.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:46 PM 01-11-2024
All those fringy 1st round guys don't overly excite me in that I could just wait and trade up a bit for Leggette in the 2nd.
Put some time into watching Troy Franklin vs DeVonta Smith. I think you might end up changing your mind on him.
[Reply]
O.city 12:50 PM 01-11-2024
Put some time into watching Troy Franklin vs DeVonta Smith. I think you might end up changing your mind on him.
I like Franklin.

But what I keep running into is that I could theoretically have say...Amarius Mims and Leggette or Franklin in the first.

That's....tough for me.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:57 PM 01-11-2024
I like Franklin.

But what I keep running into is that I could theoretically have say...Amarius Mims and Leggette or Franklin in the first.

That's....tough for me.
Mims is pretty raw and probably a best fit at RT but yeah I get it. Though, you could also postulate that you could move up for a guy like Kingsley Suamataia in round 2 or stay put and take a guy like Kiran Amegadjie. Is the better WR and a near equally as raw OT in 2 be out of the question for you?

That's to even say the Chiefs will need an OT at all or early. I don't love Morris at LT but maybe the Chiefs think he's learning in practice that I can't see or know. They could also dip into the FA waters there again.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:08 PM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Well Egbuka is returning to school and not declaring, so much for that. Probably a good idea on his part.
Whaaaaat? Why!? So he can be the #2 WR instead of the #5-1 in the 1st-2nd next year? I don't understand this logic.

If he's confident in himself, then why not go in as a early RD 2 guy on a 4-yr contract and get to your first real contract faster?

If he stays and goes 1st round on a 5-yr controlled rookie deal it'll take him 2 more years to reach that contract, and every year is a risk of a career ending injury.

help me to understand this decision?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:13 PM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That should definitely be the thing that gives his stock a huge boost, but for now the consensus seems to be that he's not a 1st.

He'd still be neck and neck with Brian Thomas Jr. for me today, and they'd be followed by Leggette.
I'd say that's where I'm at also.

It's hard to overlook Thomas' length and 17 TDs! 10 of which were downfield.

Franklyn has everything you'd want, feels like an Andy Reid WR to me.

Leggette... I think he had more yards his 5th year than DK Metcalf did his whole college career, so that's something. If he turns out to be DK, he might be the guy CP says "we shoulda taken," but he could also be Trey Burks IMO. Boom or bust. But man, a DK Metcalf type playmaker would be a lot of fun in KC!
[Reply]
RunKC 01:23 PM 01-11-2024
Marvin Harrison Jr in. Just declared.

Gonna see 3 WR's in the top 10 IMO
[Reply]
O.city 02:02 PM 01-11-2024
Mims is pretty raw and probably a best fit at RT but yeah I get it. Though, you could also postulate that you could move up for a guy like Kingsley Suamataia in round 2 or stay put and take a guy like Kiran Amegadjie. Is the better WR and a near equally as raw OT in 2 be out of the question for you?

That's to even say the Chiefs will need an OT at all or early. I don't love Morris at LT but maybe the Chiefs think he's learning in practice that I can't see or know. They could also dip into the FA waters there again.
It's early, but the more I've watched and dug in on these WR's that are gonna be around our area.....I like don't love any of them.

Now with Egbuka goin back (he was my favorite), I dunno. I'd have to know who was there when we pick and or where we're picking.

If a scenario occurred (one that never seems to ) that we could trade out of the first and still get our guy.....I'd love that.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:43 PM 01-11-2024
I always had the opinion that Devonta would get destroyed in the NFL...depends on he is used, I guess
[Reply]
Page 35 of 193
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up