Nzoner's Game Room>Caitlin Clark is fucking awesome
staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 05:01 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The men's world cup generated in excess of $7 billion dollars in revenue.

Women's world generated about $160 million.

Tell me how you're going to iron out that disparity in raw dollars?

Give the last place team in the men's bracket 1% of the winnings and you're talking $75 million to split between it's players. You'd have to give the first place team 50% of the overall pool in the women's bracket to beat that.

So how the hell are you gonna touch that? The numbers simply don't work. I mean kick the numbers around and you're talking a proportional WIN by, what, 3-4 times greater revenue share for the women than the men?

And if you want to talk strict merit, take the worst team in the men's world cup and have them play the USWNT - they'd beat them by double digits.

Men's soccer yields about 4000% more revenue than women's soccer - yes, the differences should absolutely be as dramatic as they are. Truth be told, they should probably be even more extreme.
It's funny in a way to think about, but the people most up in arms about the unfair pay do nothing to actually fix it like............attending games and such. The easiest solution for all of this is simple. Support the women's game regardless of sport like the men's ones. If people actually put their money where their mouth was this would be a nonstarter. They won't because they don't want to support women's leagues by watching and attending. They just want a cut of someone else's revenue to compensate for their lack of desire to support women's leagues.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:06 PM 04-03-2023
If their sport was more entertaining it would generate more revenue. Simple as that
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:12 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It's funny in a way to think about, but the people most up in arms about the unfair pay do nothing to actually fix it like............attending games and such. The easiest solution for all of this is simple. Support the women's game regardless of sport like the men's ones. If people actually put their money where their mouth was this would be a nonstarter. They won't because they don't want to support women's leagues by watching and attending. They just want a cut of someone else's revenue to compensate for their lack of desire to support women's leagues.
it's all a grift

anything with "equity" as a related buzzword, someone is profiting off, just not the people they're trying to make more "equitable"
[Reply]
BEAVER 05:31 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Can she beat Mike Tyson in a fight?
Ridculuth
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:35 PM 04-03-2023
Women’s soccer is well attended including all the exhibitions they run throughout the year. Athletes like Alex Morgan sell a shitload of merch. And the ratings are excellent when they play in tourney games. It’s not like the wnba where they’re trying to pretend they’re something they’re not. USWNT pulls in a lot of money. It’s just the pro teams that don’t do all that great.

Like any athlete in a CBA they tried to squeeze as much juice out as they can. But this isn’t nearly the same as something worthless trying to hustle money.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:54 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Women’s soccer is well attended including all the exhibitions they run throughout the year. Athletes like Alex Morgan sell a shitload of merch. And the ratings are excellent when they play in tourney games. It’s not like the wnba where they’re trying to pretend they’re something they’re not. USWNT pulls in a lot of money. It’s just the pro teams that don’t do all that great.

Like any athlete in a CBA they tried to squeeze as much juice out as they can. But this isn’t nearly the same as something worthless trying to hustle money.
Do they? I never hear about them outside of the national team. I am not against them getting a significant portion of the revenue they generate. I don't support them getting a portion of revenue they don't generate.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:29 PM 04-03-2023
Do they? I never hear about them outside of the national team. I am not against them getting a significant portion of the revenue they generate. I don't support them getting a portion of revenue they don't generate.
Their exhibitions and US tourneys routinely pull in about 20-25k which is very healthy. And their World Cup ratings have been outstanding. It’s really just the pro leagues that have been sluggish. But the uswnt is pulling a lot of dollars. I don’t agree with equal pay either but it’s not like they’re mooches.

You can’t blame them for trying. Every union takes advantage of leverage during a CBA negotiation. And the USMNT bombing the World Cup a few years ago and not pulling their weight gave them a bargaining chip. The Us soccer federation brought a lot of this shit on themselves and you can’t blame the women for being upset that their revenues were being thrown into this general pool that turned into an MLS grift.

In the end they got equal pay but I don’t think the men give a shit because they’re making a shitload overseas and USMNT gives them opps to bank on a shitload of sponsorships.
[Reply]
Shields68 07:21 PM 04-03-2023
Are they getting an equal percentage of their respective revenue pots? What I mean is that if the men get say 10% of the revenue generated by the men's team, then the women's team should get the same percentage of the revenue they generated. That is equal and fair.
The problem was the woman wanted a guaranteed salary regardless of revenue. While men just wanted a % of the gate. So when woman had a good run brought in almost as much revenue it made it look uneven.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:24 PM 04-03-2023
Now it's a race issue? JFC. I'm out on this discussion. You can't get more retarded than that.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:38 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Now it's a race issue? JFC. I'm out on this discussion. You can't get more reeruned than that.
There was an article on ESPN. Saw it was written by Willam Rhoden.

Refused to read it.

now Jill Biden wants to invite LSU AND IOWA to the WH.

This is just not going to die and be a cluster extraordinaire
[Reply]
golfindude 08:52 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
There was an article on ESPN. Saw it was written by Willam Rhoden.

Refused to read it.

now Jill Biden wants to invite LSU AND IOWA to the WH.

This is just not going to die and be a cluster extraordinaire
Joe gonna grope someone.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:59 PM 04-03-2023
There's some standup comedian (Bill Burr?) who's made comments to this effect.

"Want women's sports to make more money? Then go attend women's sports events."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:22 PM 04-03-2023
Caitlin Clark the Shart!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:45 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There's some standup comedian (Bill Burr?) who's made comments to this effect.

"Want women's sports to make more money? Then go attend women's sports events."
But we’re talking about a sport where people do attend and buy lots of merch. And televise to very good ratings. And pull huge sponsors because it’s a really profitable demographic. So in this case it’s not the right example.
[Reply]
Fish 09:53 PM 04-03-2023
:-)... lots of boomers in this thread who have never watched a minute of women's college basketball with some really strangely opinionated posts up in here...
[Reply]
Page 35 of 183
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up