ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 42
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smith is the best QB on the roster right now
Titty Meat 11:46 AM 08-12-2017
If Smith goes down this year the team is fucked. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.
[Reply]
Mav 04:42 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Yet Dak Prescott and Russel Wilson did not in theirs. What's your point?

But neither were supposed to start. Injuries forced them to start. To my knowledge Alex isn't hurt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:47 PM 08-20-2017
This franchise has a golden opportunity to do what it has never done. Home grow its own elite QB. Mahomes has the skills to be elite and that means they should move forward and do what will make him successful. That means a red shirt year and next off season do what you have to do for him to succeed. That means OL depth and defense. He can throw guys open so honestly we have some talent on offense right now that will be here next season.

He's already made DAT not useless.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:47 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Mav:
But neither were supposed to start. Injuries forced them to start. To my knowledge Alex isn't hurt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If sucking is an injury, yeah that's why Wilson started.
[Reply]
milkman 04:47 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
He is a good QB, he doesn't have the physical ability to be an elite QB. He can't make all the throws in all the circumstances that might happen throughout the course of given a game. When things break down and the pocket collapses he can't rip it across his body or off his back foot to the receiver that maybe is improvising to get open or someone he can't see because he's not looking at the whole field.

He is still a good QB and developed into one later in his career. Some of these other franchises need to wake up and realize Alex Smith could bring them respectability for the next couple of years like he did here. He brought this franchise out of a literal turd dumpster and for that Alex needs and deserves respect as a very good Chief.
Could not disagree more.

He's shown us in a number of games that he has the talent and the ability to make plays, and to actually lead this offense.

Every one talks about his limitations, but his only real limitation is that he plays from a place of fear, and that earns no respect.
[Reply]
rico 04:54 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Good post.
:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:54 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Some of these other franchises need to wake up and realize Alex Smith could bring them respectability for the next couple of years like he did here.
I'm hoping that several spineless coaches and/or GM's desperately see things regarding Smith the exact same way you do; Veach needs to show me that he can aggressively rape the stupid. MUCH to prove.

Originally Posted by :
He brought this franchise out of a literal turd dumpster and for that Alex needs and deserves respect as a very good Chief.
In as much as a left fielder can be responsible for turning the bullpen around, I would agree with you.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:05 PM 08-20-2017
What Alex "needs", is to realize that his contribution to KC has reached its peak, that he has been MORE than fairly compensated for said contribution, and that its time to hop on the ol' 747 with the fam and head out to the next dumpster fire, where his pedestrian style of play will make him loved yet again by the weakest and most uninformed minds that his new franchise has to offer.

Thank you,
Goodnight to the shitty/Smitty era,
and choke a penis Popsicle.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:07 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
Could not disagree more.

He's shown us in a number of games that he has the talent and the ability to make plays, and to actually lead this offense.

Every one talks about his limitations, but his only real limitation is that he plays from a place of fear, and that earns no respect.

Collinsworth thinks he'll play with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe with his career beginning to wind down, he'll finally throw caution to the wind.
[Reply]
notorious 05:19 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Collinsworth thinks he'll play with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe with his career beginning to wind down, he'll finally throw caution to the wind.
If he does, and stays consistent, this is absolutely a SB caliber team.

If he resorts to his old self, we will have plenty of smiles this year, but it will end like it always does.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:26 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
If Smith goes down this year the team is ****ed. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.

AND by week 3, Mahomes will be and you will be begging for Mahomes to start...
[Reply]
stevieray 05:30 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
If he does, and stays consistent, this is absolutely a SB caliber team.

If he resorts to his old self, we will have plenty of smiles this year, but it will end like it always does.
I agree.

...they looked well coached last night.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:32 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I agree.

...they looked well coached last night.
We all just better hope this 12+ year veteran can hold it together for one more season and play the best/career year of his underwhelming NFL career.

Otherwise by week 10 there will be a full blown controversy for Mahomes...
[Reply]
New World Order 05:34 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
We all just better hope this 12+ year veteran can hold it together for one more season and play the best/career year of his underwhelming NFL career.

[Reply]
Rasputin 05:35 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I agree. We all know he can do it he just chooses not to because his conservative style has worked for him.

However if preseason is any indication I think the days of him playing it safe are gone. We'll see.
Ah Ha. There you go. So much for the "team" matra all the Alex Lovers have beens spewing. Just from what you say "it works for him" , but that does not translate that it works for the team. He is being selfish because he is too scared to throw an interception instead of giving his guy a chance to make a play downfield. That's a telling comment my friend.

He wants to play so conservative so that he doesn't risk an interception but he doesn't allow his teammates help him out to win games. That way he gets the credit when the defense keeps the score low enough that field goals will win a game. Unbelievable. That's Smitty for you.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:50 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:

hold it together? :-)

and there already is

first "mistake" and you all will foam at the mouth

...all season long.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 42
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Up