ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 48
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
BWillie 03:02 PM 09-27-2014
So when is this Nexus 6 phone, or whatever, come out?
[Reply]
jd1020 04:20 PM 09-27-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So when is this Nexus 6 phone, or whatever, come out?
Around Halloween, supposedly.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:29 PM 09-27-2014
Damn the man, why won't they announce the release date for Note 4 Edge- I have been patiently putting off a new phone since the beginning of the year with full expectation that come this Fall- no later than mid October- I would be rewarded for my self restraint and patience as it's been customary for the new Note's annual release being between mid September and mid October.

Now, I am getting the distinct impression that the assholes are going to make the Note 4 available and push units they can get right away, and hold the Edge for release just after Thanksgiving, and drive holiday sales.

Bastards!
[Reply]
penguinz 09:46 AM 09-28-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Damn the man, why won't they announce the release date for Note 4 Edge- I have been patiently putting off a new phone since the beginning of the year with full expectation that come this Fall- no later than mid October- I would be rewarded for my self restraint and patience as it's been customary for the new Note's annual release being between mid September and mid October.

Now, I am getting the distinct impression that the assholes are going to make the Note 4 available and push units they can get right away, and hold the Edge for release just after Thanksgiving, and drive holiday sales.

Bastards!
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/...axy-note-edge/
[Reply]
BWillie 02:31 PM 09-28-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:

Bastards!
Yeah I was wanting to get it too, but they don't really have any intentions for it to be their flagship phone at least based on sales volume..Was pretty excited to get the edge but if it's gonna be two or more months after the note 4 and almost twice as expensive..then note 4 here I come
[Reply]
DaFace 07:30 PM 09-28-2014
Damn. That's direct.

[Reply]
kcxiv 11:24 PM 09-28-2014
That a Samsung add or someone putting it together? haha Still awesome. Once my contract is up in dec. im going android. NEVER ****ING AGAIN am i getting an Apple Product.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:31 AM 09-29-2014
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
That a Samsung add or someone putting it together? haha Still awesome. Once my contract is up in dec. im going android. NEVER ****ING AGAIN am i getting an Apple Product.
Appears to be a legit Samsung ad, though I don't think it's been used in the U.S. yet.
[Reply]
AustinChief 04:28 PM 09-29-2014
Holy crap!

I'd feel like a superhero wearing this thing!

Remember Orion, Chuck's dad?

Or, dare I say, THE PREDATOR!

[Reply]
The Franchise 04:37 PM 09-29-2014
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Holy crap!

I'd feel like a superhero wearing this thing!

Remember Orion, Chuck's dad?

Or, dare I say, THE PREDATOR!
You can back them for $350 and get one of the first 100 of these.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...ble-smartphone
[Reply]
jd1020 09:53 PM 09-29-2014
Now people are confirming that the Nexus 6 will be a 5.9" phone.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/09...kers-and-more/

Originally Posted by :
We've been provided with new information about the next Nexus phone, and can confirm that it will be a 5.9" device called the Nexus 6.
Originally Posted by :
With this new confirmation, we are at a 9/10 confidence level that Shamu - the Nexus 6 - will be the new Nexus phone at 5.9". We've seen a ton of evidence from multiple sources (and other outlets) to suggest this, while we've heard absolutely nothing credible about a smaller Nexus phone this year.
Pretty much every phone tech website is running with something similar.

Glad I didn't wait any longer on the Moto X. I'll be interested to see how big next years Nexus will be, if there is one.
[Reply]
Silock 10:29 PM 09-29-2014
https://news.yahoo.com/gapgate-samsu...133021434.html

Samsung keeps making fun of Apple’s iPhone 6 Plus “Bendgate” problem, but the company might have issues of its own with the new Galaxy Note 4. The device might not bend, but buyers in South Korea have already noticed a manufacturing issue affecting some of the first Galaxy Note 4 units: Apparently, there’s a gap where there shouldn’t be.

FROM EARLIER: Galaxy Note 4 sells out in South Korea… all 30,000 of them

According to South Korean publication IT Today, some Galaxy Note 4 users have noticed a space between the phone’s frame and the display panel, both on the top/bottom or on the sides, posting images with business cards inserted in those gaps. The report also says that two pieces of A4 paper fit inside the gaps.

It’s not clear how widespread the issue is, considering that Samsung’s South Korean Galaxy Note 4 launch day sales amounted to around 30,000 units, or all available stock Samsung had on hand, but apparently the company is aware of the issue.

Considering that Samsung has rushed Galaxy Note 4 launch, at least in its home country, to better counter the iPhone 6 record sales, it’s likely this screen separation issue is a limited manufacturing problem that will be corrected before it becomes Samsung’s “Gapgate,” or something similar, once the handset launches in more markets next month.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:41 PM 09-29-2014
Well... someone also posted a video of the screen popping up from the frame on the iPhone 6.

[Reply]
Silock 11:49 PM 09-29-2014
What a shitshow of a phone. Glad I didn't get one.

This might be what pushes me to Android finally.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:57 PM 09-29-2014

[Reply]
Page 35 of 48
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up