ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 319
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
C'mon man. Who you lining up for game one right now?

It ain't pretty.
You honestly think they'll make zero moves?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:07 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Why do you assume the line is going to suck?
I don't assume it's going to suck because I think Veach will address it.

It would suck in the ridiculous hypothetical where we do nothing.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:08 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
There are multiple people on this board that want that.
Well that's just silly.

I would like to be able to run the ball effectively to force defenses to play honest, but that's not the same thing as becoming a Martyball offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:08 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think anybody wants that.
There are people here that want 5 new offensive linemen. They want a line that doesn't include Wylie OR LDT. They want us to draft a LT AND a RT.

Some of these wants just aren't realistic.
[Reply]
Pants 12:08 PM 02-11-2021
ABSOLUTELY.

I don't disagree AT ALL with the idea of grabbing offensive linemen high in the draft.

In more than one of my mocks, I took 2 in the first 3 rounds. In my latest mock, I took a tackle and center first and second (after trading down). I'm not opposed with spending resources on linemen as long as they do it wisely.

The ONLY thing I'm opposed to is this idea that we HAVE to do this or we HAVE to do that. There's a dozen ways to skin this cat and I think they've done plenty enough to earn our trust, no matter what happens.
Exactly. I think the team needs have been spelled out pretty well in this thread and the others. Take the BPA in those three positions in the respective rounds, finagle the damn cap, make a couple moves in the FA.

You have been spot on the entire time.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:08 PM 02-11-2021
Yep.

People are setting themselves up to be really disappointed this offseason.
I must have missed where people are asking to hand the ball off 25 times a game with the best player in the world at QB?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:09 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
We have 2 elite pass catchers already.

We have 2 elite pass rushers already.

We don't currently have shit on the roster that would qualify as a healthy offensive lineman that's anything other than average or slightly above average.
You’re putting this into a box and trying to attack needs in the wrong way. FA is about trying to fill needs which I think Veach will acquire at least 1 OL.

We are getting LDT back who was decent (worlds better than Wylie) and we already have Niang to develop.

Imagine if Tyreek or Kelce get hurt and you have no weapons? And that DL? We all know it needs another stud.
Just take the best best players available FFS.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:09 PM 02-11-2021
There are people here that want 5 new offensive linemen. They want a line that doesn't include Wylie OR LDT. They want us to draft a LT AND a RT.

Some of these wants just aren't realistic.
Who was saying that?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:10 PM 02-11-2021
Rashawn Slater. I think he's damn near prototypical for what you'd want in this offense. If he goes top 5, then that's the way it goes. But if the QBs, WRs, and defensive talent garner most of the attention early and he slides down the board go up and get him.
If Slater should slide to say around #15, yeah, you probably have to explore what it would take to get up there and try to make that trade.

There's a lot of talk he's going to go ahead of Sewell now though and both of them will go in the top 6 picks.

After those two, you're talking about trading 2 first round picks for a guy like Darrisaw or maybe even Mayfield (whose stock is all over the place right now). That price is too steep IMO.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:10 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I must have missed where people are asking to hand the ball off 25 times a game with the best player in the world at QB?
It's more that people think they're going to completely overhaul the offensive line in one offseason.

It's not going to happen.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:11 PM 02-11-2021
How many teams out there can claim that they have above average offensive linemen at every position of the line?

It’s not fucking happening.

LDT is going to start. Niang will probably start. My guess is Allegretti or Rankin will probably start.

We’re not replacing every fucking position along the line.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:11 PM 02-11-2021
You honestly think they'll make zero moves?
I think there's no way in hell Veach does nothing.

I fully expect he takes an OT in a deep and talented OT draft and probably an IOL somewhere in the middle rounds too. And I expect either re-signing a cheap vet or two or bringing them in as insurance policies.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:12 PM 02-11-2021
Again, point out the posters that have said to replace all 5 positions on the OL. I keep seeing this as some sort of rebuttal yet no one has actually said that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:13 PM 02-11-2021
Again, point out the posters that have said to replace all 5 positions on the OL.
Dude. There are legit people here who want us to take 4-5 offensive linemen in this draft. I’m not going to go quote all of them.

What I’ve yet to see is someone saying don’t draft offensive linemen at all. Nobody has said that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 02-11-2021
Who was saying that?
I'm not going to go spend an hour searching for every comment but I have absolutely seen comments like:

"If they bring Wylie back, I'm gonna be so pissed. Plus, LDT sucks!"

Well, one of those two guys is going to be a starter next year. Maybe BOTH to start the season. That's what I'm talking about.

Put it this way:

If they think they're moving on from Fisher, they might look to draft an OT high or trade for one. If they do that, they won't be drafting a RT, they'll probably be putting Niang there or signing a stopgap. Which means possibly Wylie or LDT or both will be starting because they also still need a center.

If they decide to keep Fisher, they probably won't be trading up for a tackle. If they take one at #31 or #63, they will probably play RT or guard, depending on Niang. At that point, you probably won't see Wylie in the mix (or maybe LDT depending).

These are dominoes and they all fall into place together. They're not just going to whip up a new offensive line overnight.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 319
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up