ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 48
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Media Center>Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead
Tribal Warfare 06:42 PM 02-05-2013
Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead

After countless shortlist stories and rumors concerning who would play Star-Lord in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, the search for the lead role is finally over, and fittingly the actor is someone who never appeared on any of the aforementioned lists. Deadline reports that Chris Pratt has been tapped to play Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, a character who was born of a human mother and alien father, and is a master strategist and combat expert who wears an ability-enhancing suit and pilots a psychically-linked ship. As Guardians features a cast of strange and cosmic characters, Quill was an important role to fill because he will likely act as the audience’s introduction to the vast, unfamiliar Guardians world. Hit the jump for more.

There were plenty of actors rumored for the role that made a lot of sense (John Krasinski, Zachary Levi, etc.), and Deadline notes that Marvel made test deals with Joel Edgerton, Jack Huston, Lee Pace, and Eddie Redmayne, but Chris Pratt actually seems like a perfect fit. His comic timing is excellent as evidenced by his work on NBC’s Parks and Recreation, and he’s shown his talent on the dramatic side with Moneyball and 2012’s Zero Dark Thirty, for which he also proved that he can beef up for a role if need-be.

Looking back on the previous shortlists and taking Pratt into consideration, it’s clear that writer/director James Gunn is planning on injecting a good amount of humor into Guardians of the Galaxy. A rumor surfaced recently that Marvel was looking at possibly tapping Jim Carrey or Adam Sandler to do voice work in the film (one of the guardians is a talking raccoon), so I’m interested to see the tone that Gunn settles on for the finished film.

With the role of Star-Lord secure, Gunn and Marvel now look to filling out the rest of the cast, which includes the powerful Drax the Destroyer, a giant tree named Groot, the aforementioned Rocket Raccoon, and the female lead Gamora. The story is also rumored to involve the villain Thanos. Expect to hear more soon as production gears up to begin later this year. Guardians of the Galaxy will be released in 3D on August 1, 2014.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:04 AM 09-03-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I know Bautista caught some flack for his portrayal, but I enjoyed the way he played Drax. And physically he really pulled off looking like Drax.
I agree. I think he was much better than Momoa would have been.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 08:12 AM 09-03-2014
I thought Bautista was fantastic as Drax. He can deliver those ridiculous deadpan lines with all seriousness.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:56 AM 09-03-2014
I loved drax in the film.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:20 PM 09-03-2014
I thought Bautista did a very good job- better than I would have guessed off the top of my head given his limited film roles.

As for anyone complaining about him or his performance, that's got to be a VERY vocal and infinitesimal minority.

I mean, really, how many people were major followers in comparison to the masses of people who saw it and either had no familiarity with the characters, or, at best, a vague recognition of their place within the Marvel universe?

So, seriously it's a bit hard to get critical of his portrayal of a character 99% of the people going into the movie had zero frame of reference to judge against it.
[Reply]
Jamie 05:44 PM 09-03-2014
There was some nay-saying when Bautista was cast, but as far as I've seen the reaction to the actual performance has been unanimously positive.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:51 AM 10-08-2014

Interplanetary Unusual Attacking Team
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:12 PM 10-10-2014

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 11-18-2014
Soundtrack is free from the Google Playstore right now.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7380122-guar...nload-for-free
[Reply]
hometeam 11:07 AM 11-18-2014
Fitting that this got bumped just now. I am watching this movie for the first time on my other monitor. Really much better than I expected. Very good movie. Especially considering I know nothing about the IP.

This may have been covered in this thread, but how the **** are they just goin out in space with just like clothes and bare hands and faces and not dying? Am I missing something or is it just a suspension of disbelief thing?
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 11:44 AM 11-18-2014
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Fitting that this got bumped just now. I am watching this movie for the first time on my other monitor. Really much better than I expected. Very good movie. Especially considering I know nothing about the IP.

This may have been covered in this thread, but how the **** are they just goin out in space with just like clothes and bare hands and faces and not dying? Am I missing something or is it just a suspension of disbelief thing?
It's a turn your brain off thing.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:06 PM 11-18-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Soundtrack is free from the Google Playstore right now.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7380122-guar...nload-for-free

Nice. Grabbed it.
[Reply]
morphius 12:48 PM 11-18-2014
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
It's a turn your brain off thing.
You can live in space for a short period of time without dying. You don't really expand and some of the other stuff you see in some movies. If picked up fast enough things generally return back to normal at normal pressure for people exposed to a near vacuum environment.
[Reply]
DaveNull 01:34 PM 11-18-2014

Best not to think about it. Kind of like the question of how Thanos stays busy.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:57 PM 11-18-2014
Same way he was able to hold the gem without going full mouse in a microwave...
[Reply]
ragedogg69 04:09 PM 11-18-2014
Saw this with my wife. Loved it. I am at the point that I will watch anything James Gunn writes. I love his humor.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 48
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up