ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 72
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:30 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Also, I was curious about whether it was true or not that an assistant coach from a Super Bowl team was less likely to get a job because the team wanting him would have to wait a couple more weeks to make their choice.

I did some searching. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it's just what I could find by thinking about what each team had for offensive and defensive coordinators around this time in the past 10 years or so and then looking up if the year they got their head coaching jobs was the season following that Super Bowl

2019- Zac Taylor
2018- Frank Reich
2018- Matt Patricia
2017- Kyle Shanahan
2015- Dan Quinn
2009- Todd Haley (lol)

Uhh... I may want to retract my insistence that teams don't like waiting for their head coach to get done with the Super Bowl. Maybe that was the trend from 2009-2015, or maybe I was just missing a few names.

But in any case... yeah... if Bieniemy doesn't get head coach job in this cycle, there's definitely a problem, and it's probably a problem of NFL franchises being run by really really stupid people.

But then again, what else is new?
Just because they do it doesn't mean there isn't a disadvantage to such a late hire due to available candidates taking jobs. I'm sure it's a real issue.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:34 PM 01-15-2021
But in any case... yeah... if Bieniemy doesn't get head coach job in this cycle, there's definitely a problem, and it's probably a problem of NFL franchises being run by really really stupid people.
Since this is the second hiring cycle in which EB interviewed and has yet to be hired, there must be something about him that isn't connecting with GM's and owners across the league.

And no, I do not believe that it's his skin color.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:34 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
According to several reports, Atlanta really wanted to hire a Black head coach to go along with their new Black GM, yet they passed on EB in favor of Arthur Smith, who's been an OC for only 2 years.

There's certainly something that's making GM's and owners steer clear of Bieniemy.
Well, they apparently really liked Raheem Morris, so I doubt they were really THAT determined to hire a black head coach.

Side question, but I assume the new draft pick rule wouldn't apply to Raheem Morris, since if he got the Falcons job he would technically be getting hired full-time from his previous position, which was as interim head coach, right?
[Reply]
fan4ever 04:36 PM 01-15-2021
I just saw that Jamaal Charles weighed in on the topic. He hasn't been hired because of his color.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:38 PM 01-15-2021
Well, they apparently really liked Raheem Morris, so I doubt they were really THAT determined to hire a black head coach.
Raheem Morris had one decent season as a Head Coach with Tampa Bay but the other two seasons were awful. The Falcons went 4-2 in six games with Morris, but then fell off a cliff to finish the season 4-7.

Morris has been a Secondary Coach since he was fired in Tampa after the 2011 season, so I just don't think he's head coaching material at this point in time.

Side question, but I assume the new draft pick rule wouldn't apply to Raheem Morris, since if he got the Falcons job he would technically be getting hired full-time from his previous position, which was as interim head coach, right?
Yeah, it's supposed to go into effect in 2021 and from my understanding, it's not retroactive to 2020.
[Reply]
58-4ever 04:39 PM 01-15-2021
The game plans... and the play calling have been masterful this year. The best one might have been Buffalo, where we ran it more than we have in the whole Mahomes era. Ran it right down their throat all night. I'm not sure why other teams wouldn't want game planning like that, especially the Jets.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:49 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
lol Lions going to continue to be the Lions if this happens. JFC I feel sorry for their fans.
Beinemy is better off NOT going there.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:57 PM 01-15-2021
Possibly something happens in the interview that turns people off
Maybe he puts off a vibe that he does not really want to move or questions his capability of being a HC.

If he really wants a change, Hire a interview consultant and see what the issue is.
Otherwise he may be happy being an OC
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:00 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Lol another post full of feeble excuses. "Other minority coaches continue to get jobs"??? There are currently TWO BLACK HEAD COACHES IN THE ENTIRE DAMN LEAGUE!!...so please spare me with the bs. Also Patricia got the Lions job despite having a rape case on his record and we all know who really runs the Pats defense if you want to go there aswell smh. The fact is Eric has been under Andy for years and has earned his stripes...how many white oc's has had the success Eric has and NOT gotten a hc chance? I'd love to know.
A black man was hired as a GM and another minority was hired to be HC neither of them have the sketchy background Bienemy does you fucking retard
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:09 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Otherwise he may be happy being an OC
If that was the case, he wouldn't have spent the last two post-seasons interviewing for head coaching jobs.

Also, I find it a bit odd that teams have inquired about Kafka as their OC but not EB.

All it would take for an NFL team to poach EB is to offer him a big increase in salary along with the Assistant Head Coach title but that hasn't happened yet, either.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:20 PM 01-15-2021
If that was the case, he wouldn't have spent the last two post-seasons interviewing for head coaching jobs.

Also, I find it a bit odd that teams have inquired about Kafka as their OC but not EB.

All it would take for an NFL team to poach EB is to offer him a big increase in salary along with the Assistant Head Coach title but that hasn't happened yet, either.
Is EB Asst. HC for us, or is that Spags?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:21 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Is EB Asst. HC for us, or is that Spags?
Without looking, I thought it was Toub.

Edit: Yep, it's Toub

https://www.chiefs.com/team/coaches-roster/dave-toub

Dave Toub: Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coordinator
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:22 PM 01-15-2021
Without looking, I thought it was Toub.
You are correct.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:22 PM 01-15-2021
Interesting
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:27 PM 01-15-2021
There's certainly something that's making GM's and owners steer clear of Bieniemy.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 35 of 72
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up