Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:51 PM 01-31-2021
He should go to the nfc
[Reply]
Coogs 05:02 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The beat writer in Houston is saying the Stafford deal doesn't matter. The price for Watson is 2 1s, 2 2s and 2 defensive starters.
If one of those #1 picks is the Jets #2 overall pick, the rest of that should be negotiable.

To just say two 1's, two 2's, and two defensive starters is pretty vague.

Jets have two 1's from Seattle... both in the 20's most likely.They could offer up those two, and still have their own #2 overall. Could trade both of their own 2's. Throw in a couple of starters, and parameters are met.

That overall #2 has more value than what the Rams just sent the Lions... most likely.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:10 PM 01-31-2021
I can't see the Texans trading Watson if they don't get a top 3 pick this year. They will need a QB and it's going to get dicey if they don't get in that range.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 05:22 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I'm starting to think you didn't watch Josh Allen much this season.
Allen is overrated. He's one of those QBs doomed to turning into a pumpkin during the playoffs. He's another Phillip Rivers.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:28 PM 01-31-2021
Dumbass announcers calling Watson MJ when he's barely Reggie Miller
[Reply]
DRM08 05:32 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Allen is overrated. He's one of those QBs doomed to turning into a pumpkin during the playoffs. He's another Phillip Rivers.
More talented than Rivers, but I don't see the clutch factor with Allen so far during his career.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:01 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Had him my fantasy team I was a big Allen fan this year. Doesn't change what he is- a big armed sasquatch with a few moves. Diggs is their best player.

Btw you calling me out on this is funny when you apparently have no idea what the hell Watson has had to deal with over the past 3 seasons.
Deandre Hopkins, Will Fuller, Brandin Cooks, and a semblance of a running game?

Poor offensive line? Yes. Poor Coaching? Yes.

But it's not like he's been completely by himself his entire time there. He's a really solid player but he isn't a guy you're going to win a Super Bowl with imo. If everything around him is perfect then it's possible.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:09 PM 01-31-2021

But it's not like he's been completely by himself his entire time there. He's a really solid player but he isn't a guy you're going to win a Super Bowl with imo. If everything around him is perfect then it's possible.
And just about the worst defense in football two years running.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:20 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
More talented than Rivers, but I don't see the clutch factor with Allen so far during his career.
I think Josh Allen would be terrific on a team like the Titans. Great running game with good receivers. He could shine as a passer, but wouldn’t have all of the pressure on him alone.

He’s several steps behind Mahomes in that Mahomes can be successful against great defenses even when he doesn’t have a run game or great protection.

Allen is very good, but he’ll never carry an unbalanced offense very far. Buffalo is going to need to get serious about building a run game and getting a TE that commands attention for that offense to be a serious threat.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:34 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think Josh Allen would be terrific on a team like the Titans. Great running game with good receivers. He could shine as a passer, but wouldn’t have all of the pressure on him alone.

He’s several steps behind Mahomes in that Mahomes can be successful against great defenses even when he doesn’t have a run game or great protection.

Allen is very good, but he’ll never carry an unbalanced offense very far. Buffalo is going to need to get serious about building a run game and getting a TE that commands attention for that offense to be a serious threat.
Yeah, it's definitely impressive that with Allen's kind of game he took the team as far as he did. His game would fit real nicely with a great run game, which he doesn't have.
[Reply]
-King- 06:34 PM 01-31-2021

Which QBs in the league can you win a superbowl with?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:46 PM 01-31-2021

You can't be this picky about a QB if you don't have one. They're not going to just fall into your lap. I get the concerns on Watson. I don't disagree that right now his game doesn't seem quite championship calibre... yet. But that's a pretty high standard. He's plenty good enough to give most teams a decent shot for at least a few deep playoff runs at the very least. Rodgers and Brees only won one. Guys like Mahomes and Brady are unicorns. Most franchises would be very happy if their franchise QB took them to just one super bowl.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:46 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I can't see the Texans trading Watson if they don't get a top 3 pick this year. They will need a QB and it's going to get dicey if they don't get in that range.
I agree. There are only 3 teams with a top 3 pick. Jets #2 is valuable. They could do a lot with that pick. Flip QB's like the Lions and Rams just did. Fill out roster spots with that #2 pick. Get your QB in a year or two if Darnold doesn't progress.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:47 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Which QBs in the league can you win a superbowl with?
Assuming good weapons, an average to above average OL, above average defense, and relatively healthy team, I would say:

Mahomes
Watson
Allen
Wilson
Rodgers
Brady

Maybe:

Murray
Stafford
Dak

I’m probably forgetting someone.

The rest would probably need elite running games and defenses to take pressure off of them.
[Reply]
mkp785 06:58 PM 01-31-2021

Cooks is the one making Watson look good.

Yup.

In case you didn't know: Hopkins doesn't play for the Texans anymore.

Fuller is good but he's nowhere near as good as Diggs
[Reply]
Page 35 of 68
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up