ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 94
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
MahiMike 09:05 PM 03-12-2019
A 2nd in 2020? That's a lot of 2's.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:06 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Am I supposed to be triggered with this trade?

I really don't like that this is a 2020 pick... but Dee Ford is glass. I wouldn't mind resigning Houston to a lesser deal.

I'm still going to give Veach a pass, so far...

But look at Dorsey...

2013: Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce
2014: Dee Ford
2015: Marcus Peters
2016, Tyreek Hill
2017: Patrick Mahomes, Kareem Hunt
2018: Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward

I'd rather have Dorsey still, at this point. He doesn't miss.
He drafted a third round corner and cut him 2 months later. But yeah go on
[Reply]
-King- 09:06 PM 03-12-2019
A player that lead the league in pressures and forced fumbles and had 14 sacks is now being called a situational pass rusher.

I get wanting to trade him, but you don't have to lie to yourself to justify it.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 09:06 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Jerok:
We didn't get a top 35 pick. We got a 2nd round next year, this year.

Raiders fans, I swear to god...:-)

that's still going to be a top 35 pick. :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 09:07 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Overpay him on a long contract.
I'll say that as a positive for Veach. At least the Badger deal is short term. I can't believe the 49ers are giving Ford a 5 year deal with his injury history.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:07 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s been like that for a while.
it's still got green font.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:08 PM 03-12-2019
Not even this year's 2nd round pick?

WTF?

Wasn't Dorsey so much better at trading than this?

A young pass rusher who was 7th in sacks this year and we can a 3rd round value? Value drops a round each year you have to wait. Couldn't get shit for Houston.

We probably had to trade him to sign our new safety and still have any money left. JFC

Khalik Mack got (2) 1st round picks, 2nd round and a 3rd round pick. Why are we always such a pile of shit? GRrrrrrrrrr
[Reply]
tredadda 09:08 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
One of those players was highly exceptional. The other player was exceptionally f****** stupid.
I want you to walk to the kitchen, grab a rolling pin, and straight f*** yourself in the ass with it for bringing such a stupid f****** comment to my table.
Let’s not forget one could actually stay healthy and was actually feared and game planned against.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:08 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
One of those players was highly exceptional. The other player was exceptionally f****** stupid.
I want you to walk to the kitchen, grab a rolling pin, and straight f*** yourself in the ass with it for bringing such a stupid f****** comment to my table.
This. All this with more anger.

Even at his best Ford wasn't able to take over a game like Houston could in his prime. When was the last time Ford had 4 sacks in a game?

(BTW I'm not a big fan of shaggyshane but of the three of you I was most impressed with you. Quiet and reserved suits you...)
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 09:09 PM 03-12-2019
They should package this pick with another and trade for Xavien Howard and extend him, hill and jones. Draft Charles Omenihu, who they’ve shown interest in, and then draft either a second pass rusher or Amani Oruwariye. I think some more LB depth would be great with the 3rd rounder such as Germain Pratt, Terrill Hanks, etc. Luckily this draft is absolutely stacked on the side of the ball we need most.

That gives you a great secondary and a Dline you can scheme a pass rush with. If berry stays on the team then they should look for a mid round safety to learn under berry and takeover starting in 2020.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:09 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Not even this year's 2nd round pick?

WTF?

Wasn't Dorsey so much better at trading than this?

A young pass rusher who was 7th in sacks this year and we can a 3rd round value? Value drops a round each year you have to wait. Couldn't get shit for Houston.

We probably had to trade him to sign our new safety and still have any money left. JFC

Khalik Mack got (2) 1st round picks, 2nd round and a 3rd round pick. Why are we always such a pile of shit? GRrrrrrrrrr
I guess the main thing is they aren't paying Ford $17m per year for the next 5 years. That is a win for the KC front office. Second rounder next year is a lot better than nothing.
[Reply]
-King- 09:10 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
This. All this with more anger.

Even at his best Ford wasn't able to take over a game like Houston could in his prime. When was the last time Ford had 4 sacks in a game?

(BTW I'm not a big fan of shaggyshane but of the three of you I was most impressed with you. Quiet and reserved suits you...)
He had 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles against denver last year. Does that count as taking over a game?
[Reply]
Rausch 09:11 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
They should package this pick with another and trade for Xavien Howard and extend him, hill and jones.
This. Howard/Fuller/Badger/Berry would be a lethal secondary...:-)
[Reply]
Rausch 09:11 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
He had 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles against denver last year. Does that count as taking over a game?
Once in 5 years?

I'd say that's more likely Denver having one of the worst lines in the NFL...
[Reply]
JakeF 09:12 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I guess the main thing is they aren't paying Ford $17m per year for the next 5 years. That is a win for the KC front office. Second rounder next year is a lot better than nothing.
That's all true.

At least we aren't stuck with another shitty contract. I guess that is the most we can hope for in KC.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 94
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Up