ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 348 of 386
« First < 248298338344345346347348 349350351352358 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:12 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Meeeeehhhhhhhh
That’s how I am. It was a decent episode with interesting dialogue bits but Daenaerys only having about 4 hours of Queen time before getting overthrown, that whole thing was just dumb. If you were going to throw her away after all these years just have her die in the battle of winterfell and have Jon storm Kings Landing in her name and then give up the throne once he got revenge for his family.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:12 PM 05-19-2019
Also, the entire small council scene was classic GoT. Loved every second of that.

And I'd love to see a movie with King Bran being an all-knowing dick to everyone. :-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:12 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Bran sucks and makes no sense, he said in episode 2 that he doesn’t want anymore but yet like a smug piece of shit he says why do you think I came all this way. **** Bran, he’s the worst written character the last three seasons, turned into a comatose robot dick after becoming the three eyed raven. Tyrion would’ve at least made sense, could’ve had Bronn as his hand, had Brienne as the captain of the kings guard. Bran makes sense as Master of Whispers; he knows everything already so he’s baller at his job and he can do as he pleases.

You're ignoring the fact that Tyrion is right. MANY hate him -- like practically everyone -- and the Lannister power base doesn't even exist. Exactly who is loyal to him, and why?

This is, fundamentally, my main problem with King Bran. He has no house and no armies loyal TO HIM. The Starks and Northmen are IN THE DAMN NORTH. And he's shown no ability to inspire either loyalty or fear, which are the two things (one or the other or both) that a leader in that setting must have.

But yeah, on balance...ok. The entire kingdom is very much off-balance, and nobody else has much in the way of armies loyal to them either.

But seriously -- does anyone think Bronn ISN'T making a play for the throne within five years?

Overall, I'm okay with it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:16 PM 05-19-2019
The line of Bran “looking” for Drogo. So yah. He can warg him. Could be interesting. As I said: I like the ending. I think they should have killed the Dragon instead of Dany because that removes the nuclear option. Having the dragon still in play makes things more interesting though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:16 PM 05-19-2019
Jon got to pet Ghost. That was nice.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:16 PM 05-19-2019
Welp, ok then.

I see that D&D directed this episode. It showed.
[Reply]
Dylan 09:18 PM 05-19-2019
I liked the ending.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:18 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The line of Bran “looking” for Drogo. So yah. He can warg him. Could be interesting. As I said: I like the ending. I think they should have killed the Dragon instead of Dany because that removes the nuclear option. Having the dragon still in play makes things more interesting though.

So all these seasons and hours and I think Drogon might be my overall favorite character. :-)
[Reply]
NewChief 09:19 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
You're ignoring the fact that Tyrion is right. MANY hate him -- like practically everyone -- and the Lannister power base doesn't even exist. Exactly who is loyal to him, and why?

This is, fundamentally, my main problem with King Bran. He has no house and no armies loyal TO HIM. The Starks and Northmen are IN THE DAMN NORTH. And he's shown no ability to inspire either loyalty or fear, which are the two things (one or the other or both) that a leader in that setting must have.

But yeah, on balance...ok. The entire kingdom is very much off-balance, and nobody else has much in the way of armies loyal to them either.

But seriously -- does anyone think Bronn ISN'T making a play for the throne within five years?

Overall, I'm okay with it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
But I think the kumbaya, hippie ass point that’s being made is that the people who elected him are all products of the song of ice and fire. So it’s like a paradigm shift in leadership in Westeros.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:20 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
So all these seasons and hours and I think Drogon might be my overall favorite character. :-)
My wife was way sadder at the dragon mourning Dany than the actual death of Dany.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:21 PM 05-19-2019
Poor Drogon.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:22 PM 05-19-2019
I didn't like it.
[Reply]
notorious 09:23 PM 05-19-2019
That was a good final episode.

The nights watch is in Winterfel, which is an independent country. Sansa can snap her finger and Jon is free to fuck.
[Reply]
Bump 09:24 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Ya Drogon was spotted east, so he was probably taking Dany's dead body back to her roots in Valyria where he last went when he disappeared.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:24 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Dylan:
I liked the ending.
It was fine enough. Again, they just didn't have enough time or episodes to finish it properly, imho.
[Reply]
Page 348 of 386
« First < 248298338344345346347348 349350351352358 > Last »
Up