ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 347 of 386
« First < 247297337343344345346347 348349350351357 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:51 PM 05-19-2019
Its all set up for a movie and spinoffs.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:55 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
While I think taking the black (or, saying screw you all and joining the wildlings) was probably the best possible outcome for Jon, it makes no ****ing sense after Grey Worm and his troops leave, since he's the only person who's pissed about Jon whacking Dany. No one else would give a shit. I mean, if Jon had stayed at Winterfell, what would they have done about it? Mailed in a complaint from Naath? Get the **** outta here.
The North is an independent kingdom. Jon could stay and Winterfell and they could tell the rest of the kingdoms to go screw.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:57 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The actors. The directors. The special effects. The soundtrack. All top notch. The writing? Lazy trope ridden dogshit.

Trope ridden dog shot?

Please elaborate.

In typical fantasy tropes, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen become the good king and good queen after saving the world and usher in an era of prosperity as the philosopher king/queen.

Find a typical fantasy trope that ends with those with power agreeing to an emperor/ruler who serves a life term and then is replaced by a vote?
[Reply]
NewChief 09:02 PM 05-19-2019
I’ll actually Stan for this ending, I think. People are going to hate it so hard, and I’ve decided I’m going to love it. I don’t necessarily feel it was developed properly and enough to make it all feel right, but the actual place we end up makes sense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:04 PM 05-19-2019
Well...I'm fine with the ending, even if I don't like how they got there. I think Dany's character would have been better served sacrificing herself with Drogon to win the battle at King's Landing.

But I don't think I've ever cried and laughed so hard at the same time with Jon petted Ghost.

So...I'll allow it.

Good finale.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:05 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I’m actually glad I read the spoilers because it became interesting watching how the writing would make the improbable (when out of context) happen. Not defending the writing and saying it was good, but knowing the spoilers changed my purpose in watching and made it possibly less disappointing.

I **hated** the ending I read as spoilers. And then, watching the episode, which was exactly as the spoilers had predicted -- I hated it much less.

MUCH less. I won't say it was awesome and they totally stuck the landing, but it wasn't that bad actually.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:05 PM 05-19-2019
All I could think of at the end:

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:05 PM 05-19-2019
I'm fine with ending too. Don't see anyway they could have wrapped it up any better.

I read no spoilers but I did read one leak and it didn't happen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:05 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Trope ridden dog shot?

Please elaborate.

In typical fantasy tropes, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen become the good king and good queen after saving the world and usher in an era of prosperity as the philosopher king/queen.

Find a typical fantasy trope that ends with those with power agreeing to an emperor/ruler who serves a life term and then is replaced by a vote?
Plot armor. Plot induced stupidity. Stereotypical one dimensional characters like Euron. Contrived forced romance between Jon and Daenerys.

You want me to give the show writers credit because they rushed to the finish line and completed the story the way Martin told them, leaving behind quite a bit of what made Game of Thones as a television show so great?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:06 PM 05-19-2019
Bran sucks and makes no sense, he said in episode 2 that he doesn’t want anymore but yet like a smug piece of shit he says why do you think I came all this way. **** Bran, he’s the worst written character the last three seasons, turned into a comatose robot dick after becoming the three eyed raven. Tyrion would’ve at least made sense, could’ve had Bronn as his hand, had Brienne as the captain of the kings guard. Bran makes sense as Master of Whispers; he knows everything already so he’s baller at his job and he can do as he pleases.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:07 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The North is an independent kingdom. Jon could stay and Winterfell and they could tell the rest of the kingdoms to go screw.

Sure, which would mean that Jon broke his vow to join the Night's Watch, right? Which isn't terribly likely based on, you know, Jon being Jon.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:07 PM 05-19-2019
Also, loved loved LOVED Brienne writing Ser Jaime in nobly.

Paused it and read all the words, too. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 09:09 PM 05-19-2019
The last two seasons were a nice rough draft of the story. I'll look forward to reading the finished product when GRRM gets it done (hopefully).
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:10 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Its all set up for a movie and spinoffs.
I can see that.
[Reply]
Bump 09:11 PM 05-19-2019
While I was entertained as it kept my attention, which is all I hope for when I'm watching something, I do think it was dumb that they had that whole council thing trying to decide who should be the next ruler of the 7 kingdoms and at least 4 of them knew that Jon was supposed to be the rightful heir and nobody even mentioned that. Couldn't Jon summon the dragon since he has that blood and make it return to him, I dunno but you would think.

This is one show that spinoffs could be alright, there's so much more.
[Reply]
Page 347 of 386
« First < 247297337343344345346347 348349350351357 > Last »
Up