ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 344 of 386
« First < 244294334340341342343344 345346347348354 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Bowser 03:39 PM 05-19-2019
I get to wait to watch this for a week. Told the kid we would watch this together, but she can't make it tonight and likely not until next weekend. So yeah. I'm sure there is no way I'll avoid spoilers for a week, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Enjoy it, bastards.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:40 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Now my watch has ended
They really should have had Succession ready on deck next week.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:43 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
They really should have had Succession ready on deck next week.
Succession and Ballers. Honestly I got HBO Now for GoT and I watch it and enjoy the content on it much better than Netflix.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:04 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Now my watch has ended
I'm holding out for the Deadwood movie and the last three episodes of Chernobyl. Then I'm done.
[Reply]
Bump 04:07 PM 05-19-2019
I haven't read any spoilers for tonight, but I think Jon Snow is gonna die and come back as the night queen!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:59 PM 05-19-2019

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:26 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I haven't read any spoilers for tonight, but I think Jon Snow is gonna die and come back as the night queen!
I have successfully avoided spoilers. All this time has passed and I still get to watch it as GRRM intended.

All you mother fuckers saying the spoilers are out and it’s a stupid ending. :-) fuck you. It might not technically be a spoiler but you chose to view spoilers and then come in here and talk about them without spoiler tags.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:29 PM 05-19-2019
Have you watched the rest of season 8? It's not a spoiler to say the ending is stupid :-)
[Reply]
Bump 05:46 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I have successfully avoided spoilers. All this time has passed and I still get to watch it as GRRM intended.

All you mother ****ers saying the spoilers are out and it’s a stupid ending. :-) **** you. It might not technically be a spoiler but you chose to view spoilers and then come in here and talk about them without spoiler tags.
Dude I said that I didn't read any spoilers. I just made that up because it would make sense for the way the show has been going.

Was I actually right? Is that the real spoiler? :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:53 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Have you watched the rest of season 8? It's not a spoiler to say the ending is stupid :-)
You can say what you want but the major plot points have a major GRRM feel to them. Sure there is no narrative to support it and feel free to crucify them for rushing it, but GRRM said himself that the ending won’t deviate from his.

So if you’re saying the ending is stupid then you’re stringing up martins ending as if there was never a TV show, by all available knowledge.

That’s not to say he won’t change it. I can see him doing that to show off how smart he thinks he is. He seems like a bit of a cunt.

But do you man. Flame away.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:07 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

All you mother fuckers saying the spoilers are out and it’s a stupid ending. :-) fuck you. It might not technically be a spoiler but you chose to view spoilers and then come in here and talk about them without spoiler tags.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:14 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Dude I said that I didn't read any spoilers. I just made that up because it would make sense for the way the show has been going.

Was I actually right? Is that the real spoiler? :-)
not directed at you. Shouldn’t have quoted you. Sorry for the confusion.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:16 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You can say what you want but the major plot points have a major GRRM feel to them. Sure there is no narrative to support it and feel free to crucify them for rushing it, but GRRM said himself that the ending won’t deviate from his.

So if you’re saying the ending is stupid then you’re stringing up martins ending as if there was never a TV show, by all available knowledge.

That’s not to say he won’t change it. I can see him doing that to show off how smart he thinks he is. He seems like a bit of a cunt.

But do you man. Flame away.
Yeah. That's what makes it stupid. Who cares if the characters ended up where GRRM intended them to. The way we got here, quite frankly, fucking sucks as written by dingus and dipshit.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:21 PM 05-19-2019
I’ve been actively rooting for Dani and Greyworm to die for three seasons. May the gods let it happen tonight.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:30 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah. That's what makes it stupid. Who cares if the characters ended up where GRRM intended them to. The way we got here, quite frankly, fucking sucks as written by dingus and dipshit.
IMO you need to aim your hate at GRRM.

Expecting 2 screenwriters to duplicate the nuance in narrative that was achieved over 20 years by a novelist that is widely regarded as one of the best to do it in 4 years is a joke.

Sounds an awful lot like your problem.

There are things I wish they’d done better but to ask them to do in 4 years (roughly half the story) when it took Martin 20 (roughly half the story) is a joke.

Look, there are things I don’t love, but I feel compelled to stand up for D/D when everyone is putting them on blast. They have problems that I feel are avoidable but to pretend that 7 and 8 are garbage is as bad of a take as I can think of.
[Reply]
Page 344 of 386
« First < 244294334340341342343344 345346347348354 > Last »
Up