ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 342 of 383
« First < 242292332338339340341342 343344345346352 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 02:52 PM 12-26-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I was grabbing for a Coors Light traveler and mistakenly grabbed a Steel Reserve. Just awful.
A group of coworkers did a white elephant beer exchange several years ago... I missed the actual exchange the first year, so I contributed a Schlafly Imperial Stout and was going to get whatever was left.

And I got a fuckin' Steele Reserve High Gravity. Took one sip and it was promptly poured out. Just for the LOLs, searched for it on beeradvocate.com and found comments such as "tastes like aluminum" and "the FDA should look into this". :-)

After that bullshit, they added a rule of "no crap beer".
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:25 PM 12-30-2021
Only one BCS tonight (plus a TG Smores) and it's delicious. At least 2nd to 150 at this point, but 150 would get the edge on body. It's a pretty perfect level of cinnamon without being overpowering.

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:00 PM 01-07-2022
Peanut butter, chocolate...and coffee

Slightly humorous tidbit, the non-coffee version of this beer is called Fat Bear. In a few Facebook beer groups I lurk people would talk about the beer in innocent beer dork kind of ways like posting "yum this Fat Bear is a thiccc boy" and it triggered Facebook's algorithm into thinking it was some clandestine gay reference and they started censoring the posts. Not because of beer but fat gay bear references.

Anywho, this is delish

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:09 PM 01-07-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Peanut butter, chocolate...and coffee

Slightly humorous tidbit, the non-coffee version of this beer is called Fat Bear. In a few Facebook beer groups I lurk people would talk about the beer in innocent beer dork kind of ways like posting "yum this Fat Bear is a thiccc boy" and it triggered Facebook's algorithm into thinking it was some clandestine gay reference and they started censoring the posts. Not because of beer but fat gay bear references.

Anywho, this is delish

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:17 PM 01-07-2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:14 PM 01-07-2022
:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:51 PM 01-07-2022
Ain't this some fat gay bear shit!

It's pretty damn good though...

[Reply]
TimBone 09:57 PM 01-14-2022
I was lucky enough to get to try a can of Revolution Blackberry Finn. It was a genuine fucking pleasure. Please ignore the use of the pint glass. I was in the man cave in my back building, and it was cold outside. I didn't feel like walking to the house for a proper glass.

The pint glass mattered none, though. I've been able to try a number of cans from Revolution's barrel program, and I can't remember many that were tailored towards my taste buds like this one.

I'm a weirdo that prefers barrel-aged barleywines over barrel-aged stouts, and blackberry is one of my favorite fruits. I'd eat it on a daily basis if the seeds weren't so fucking bothersome. So, a BA Barleywine aged with blackberries sounds like a dream to me.

The can lived up to the hype in my mind as well. Even with barleywines, I prefer a subtle barrel. Or at least a barrel that doesn't completely overpower any adjuncts in the beer. I was a bit nervous about that after taking a sniff, because I smelled mostly barrel. But man, when I took a sip, there was subtle barrel and the fruit hit so hard. It might have been 60/40 fruit to barrel as the glass warmed. I don't know how else to describe it except as fantastic. And that color is gorgeous.

Man. An absolute pleasure. A standout beer from 2021 for sure.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:17 PM 01-14-2022
Sounds amazing, don't think I've had a blackberry beer before.

And nothing wrong with a pint glass, even though I do get fancy from time to time.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:03 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I was lucky enough to get to try a can of Revolution Blackberry Finn. It was a genuine fucking pleasure. Please ignore the use of the pint glass. I was in the man cave in my back building, and it was cold outside. I didn't feel like walking to the house for a proper glass.

The pint glass mattered none, though. I've been able to try a number of cans from Revolution's barrel program, and I can't remember many that were tailored towards my taste buds like this one.

I'm a weirdo that prefers barrel-aged barleywines over barrel-aged stouts, and blackberry is one of my favorite fruits. I'd eat it on a daily basis if the seeds weren't so fucking bothersome. So, a BA Barleywine aged with blackberries sounds like a dream to me.

The can lived up to the hype in my mind as well. Even with barleywines, I prefer a subtle barrel. Or at least a barrel that doesn't completely overpower any adjuncts in the beer. I was a bit nervous about that after taking a sniff, because I smelled mostly barrel. But man, when I took a sip, there was subtle barrel and the fruit hit so hard. It might have been 60/40 fruit to barrel as the glass warmed. I don't know how else to describe it except as fantastic. And that color is gorgeous.

Man. An absolute pleasure. A standout beer from 2021 for sure.

[Reply]
TimBone 11:25 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Sounds amazing, don't think I've had a blackberry beer before.

And nothing wrong with a pint glass, even though I do get fancy from time to time.
I don't see blackberry beers often, myself. When I do, though, I grab it if its a style I enjoy.

Blackberry is a great fruit. As I mentioned in my post, though, the seeds are annoying af. I figure that's why it's not used as much as other fruits in cooking. I had a blackberry pie once that was one of the best pies I've tasted, but I couldn't finish it because of the damn seeds getting stuck in my teeth.

Marcellus sent me a homebrew blackberry saison years ago that was great as well. I do wish more breweries would utilize the fruit.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:27 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
For real, man. One of my favorite barleywines ever. It may have lacked a bit of that thick mouth feel that come with the old BCBS barleywines, but it didn't matter. That's one of the best tasting beers I've had in a long time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:07 PM 01-16-2022
Tried Parish Rêve yesterday and it was quite tasty. I'm obviously not a lighter stout kind of guy, but was impressed with that one.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:05 PM 01-19-2022
Stopped in for some liquid lunch while out by O'hare today.

Press Play is a collab with Voodoo (pictured in glass). Thiccc hazelnut brownie batter.

In Unison is a BA stout/barleywine blend.

[Reply]
Jenson71 06:06 PM 01-19-2022
For my own Christmas gift, I purchased a 12-case of Birra Nursia bionda, available here: https://birranursia.com/

The beer is made by Benedictine monks in Italy. If you like Weihenstephaner Vitus, I think you would like this beer.
[Reply]
Page 342 of 383
« First < 242292332338339340341342 343344345346352 > Last »
Up