ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 77
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Okchief80 10:54 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I would buy this more if not for, I don’t know, Jalen Carter?

Dude was doing the same stuff as Rice and the friends he was racing died horridly while he drove away. Still got drafted in the 1st. No suspension.
I didn’t think he could be suspended because he wasn’t in the nfl when the race occurred.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:00 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
This thread seems to be going well
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
CP legal experts coming from the locked down thread

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:02 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by KobesPilot:
leaving the scene is not it’s own charge, it’s just part of the test to see if the criteria is met for the other charges brought against him.

Sec. 22.02. AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person commits assault as defined in >Sec. 22.01 and the person:

(1) causes serious bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse; or

(2) uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree

So at least one 2nd degree felony charge, that's bad.

Per TRANSP § 550.021 it looks like the collision causing serious bodily injury is the charge that's tied to him having left the scene, which is to be a third degree felony. The other six counts could go either way.

This is going to end in a guilty plea deal.
If they offer and accept a plea deal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:48 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Then the NFL is ****ed up beyond repair.

Kamara gets like 3 games for beating a dude within an inch of his life. And Rashee isn't playing much in a whole season.

****ing horrendous bullshit.
I think if they CAN fuck us, they will be happy to.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:03 PM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I've got a bad feeling that Rashee Rice isn't playing much in 2024, if at all.
Nonsense.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:06 PM 04-14-2024
When is the last time the NFL handed out a completely unfair and arbitrary suspension that doesn't align with the precedent set before?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:11 PM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I've got a bad feeling that Rashee Rice isn't playing much in 2024, if at all.

Huh? This seems like extremely pessimistic for you. You ok?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:13 PM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Huh? This seems like extremely pessimistic for you. You ok?
I think he's letting the drama queens on CP and in the national media (Florio's of the world) cloud his judgement.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:20 PM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think he's letting the drama queens on CP and in the national media (Florio's of the world) cloud his judgement.

I guess. I mean, sure there’s a lot of uncertainty here. And it’s not like the NFL is known for being consistent about anything other than being inconsistent.

But I would be shocked if Rice doesn’t play at all this season.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:21 PM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Been out of the game for a while. Which supermax facility will Rice be serving his 25-to-life conviction?
:-)
[Reply]
philfree 12:22 PM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I would buy this more if not for, I don’t know, Jalen Carter?

Dude was doing the same stuff as Rice and the friends he was racing died horridly while he drove away. Still got drafted in the 1st. No suspension.
Carter didn't crash his car into innocent people or crash at all. I don't remember all the details of that incident but I think the other car just wrecked with no contact from Carters car. So it's not really the same.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:22 PM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I guess. I mean, sure there’s a lot of uncertainty here. And it’s not like the NFL is known for being consistent about anything other than being inconsistent.

But I would be shocked if Rice doesn’t play at all this season.
It would be the most ridiculous, arbitrary, and absurd punishment in NFL history if it came down to that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:31 PM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It would be the most ridiculous, arbitrary, and absurd punishment in NFL history if it came down to that.
Yeah, can’t disagree.

And while I kind of expect a more serious punishment from Goodell, to make a statement, I don’t expect even an 8-game suspension. Even 6 feels a little much, considering no one died or was permanently injured.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:39 PM 04-14-2024
lmfao

I hesitate to make this call — but the Kansas City Chiefs must seriously consider cutting ties with wide receiver Rashee Rice. The team’s 2023 second-round draft pick out of Southern Methodist University should be traded or released. https://t.co/9BCRPjTFld

— Toriano Porter (@torianoporter) April 13, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:39 PM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by KobesPilot:
This is going to end in a guilty plea deal.
4 games max
[Reply]
Page 34 of 77
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up