ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 39
« First < 243031323334 35363738 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:02 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
How many wild turkeys tonight Billy?
Jack Daniel's tonight. I'm on #4
[Reply]
loochy 02:43 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Jack Daniel's tonight. I'm on #4
You know what helps build chest?

Not drinking alcohol.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:46 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:

Not drinking alcohol.
Shit, I was hoping the answer was "drinking better alcohol".
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:16 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:

Not drinking alcohol.
Nah fam
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:26 PM 12-27-2022
Anyone ever delt with biceps pain before? I was doing hammer curls on the curl bench tonight felt some pain/tightness so I stopped. My arm doesn't hurt anymore curious as to how long I should avoid doing curls for?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:19 PM 12-28-2022
I generally experience pain in my forearms before I can go hard or long enough to deal with pain in my biceps
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:33 PM 01-04-2023
Does anyone use the Roman Chair for lower back/hamstring/glutes at all? Been thinking about throwing it into my workouts. I know I know do deads instead but my form is a work in progress
[Reply]
loochy 07:21 AM 01-05-2023
Does anyone use the Roman Chair for lower back/hamstring/glutes at all? Been thinking about throwing it into my workouts. I know I know do deads instead but my form is a work in progress
As a warmup
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:25 AM 01-05-2023
If anyone here is on the fence about a Peloton, I say go for it. I've consistently rode mine 4x a week for a month straight, which is unheard of for me and boring-ass cardio.
[Reply]
notorious 07:29 AM 01-05-2023
I've been bad. I've been insanely busy, but I'm managing the business instead of skinning knuckles on floors.

Ballooned from 205 to 230 since July. 5 pounds a fucking month is just horrifying. 500 calories in excess PER DAY.

Eating like shit and not exercising has created this monster. I'm 6'3, carry it decent, but it's time to cinch this shit up.

I can do it, just need to start. The sad thing is I was doing 25 grams of carbs a day back in early December, made it through the keto flu (which sucks ass), dropped 10 in a week and then fucked it all up by falling off the wagon.

Wish me luck, but I probably won't know what to do with it if I found it.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:34 AM 01-05-2023
I don't deadlift from the floor anymore, I just use heavy RDLs and rack pulls to suffice.

Agreed with Loochy, Roman chair is fine for warmups but can't replaced deadlift variants. Try the two above I mentioned if your form from the floor is bad.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:45 AM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
I've been bad. I've been insanely busy, but I'm managing the business instead of skinning knuckles on floors.

Ballooned from 205 to 230 since July. 5 pounds a fucking month is just horrifying. 500 calories in excess PER DAY.

Eating like shit and not exercising has created this monster. I'm 6'3, carry it decent, but it's time to cinch this shit up.

I can do it, just need to start. The sad thing is I was doing 25 grams of carbs a day back in early December, made it through the keto flu (which sucks ass), dropped 10 in a week and then fucked it all up by falling off the wagon.

Wish me luck, but I probably won't know what to do with it if I found it.
That was going to be my comment when I first read the weight gain part... that you'll most likely lose like 10 or 15 pounds of water weight out of the gate.

Good luck, I've used the Lose It app in the past to track calories with some good success (the only way I can personally hold myself accountable to trim down, which can be freakin' tedious).

I used to do keto, but was eating far too much cheese and red meat, and my cholesterol was like 240 (oops)... it was relatively easy to adjust though, mostly just had to quit buying the Costco tri-tip every couple weeks. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 07:47 AM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That was going to be my comment when I first read the weight gain part... that you'll most likely lose like 10 or 15 pounds of water weight out of the gate.

Good luck, I've used the Lose It app in the past to track calories with some good success (the only way I can personally hold myself accountable to trim down, which can be freakin' tedious).

I used to do keto, but was eating far too much cheese and red meat, and my cholesterol was like 240 (oops)... it was relatively easy to adjust though, mostly just had to quit buying the Costco tri-tip every couple weeks. :-)
It's great for the first 5ish days, and then I actually got tired of eating hamburger, steak, and beef jerky. Ah shit, I have to eat another double quarter pounder with cheese and no bread?!

Lord almighty the end times are near. :-)

I use the UnderArmor My Fitness App along with Apple Watch apps. Works very well when I do my part.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:54 AM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If anyone here is on the fence about a Peloton, I say go for it. I've consistently rode mine 4x a week for a month straight, which is unheard of for me and boring-ass cardio.
A bit of a tangent off this and motivation varies of course, but one thing that's worked for me to help ensure expensive equipment doesn't become a coat rack is to feed good habits.... I did body weight and dumbbell workouts for months with equipment I had laying around, then ended up buying a nice cable rack thing after ~18 months. Basically the same for hiking and walking/jogging, upgrading to better shoes, better earbuds, and was gifted a smart watch once I had been doing those things for a while and wanted to upgrade the experience some.

I had always sucked at buying shit and then using it for like a month, and would also feed good habits with beer instead of more good habits (granted, the name of my workout routine is currently called BeerFit... :-))
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:58 AM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's great for the first 5ish days, and then I actually got tired of eating hamburger, steak, and beef jerky. Ah shit, I have to eat another double quarter pounder with cheese and no bread?!

Lord almighty the end times are near. :-)

I use the UnderArmor My Fitness App along with Apple Watch apps. Works very well when I do my part.
Yeah, when I first started I had the feeling of... what the hell DOESN'T have carbs in it?! ...but, I liked being on it in general. I usually wouldn't hit <30g/day, but would stick in the ~50-75g range, and always seemed to feel better overall when I stuck to it.

At times I'd get in the bad habit of kicking myself out of keto on the weekend, just to spend a few days feeling starved and getting headaches as I got back into it, rinse & repeat.

Stupid beer.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 39
« First < 243031323334 35363738 > Last »
Up