ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 57
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:37 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
They were ahead at arrowhead in the last two years and still lost. Imo San Fran were set up much better to defend a lead considering the d-line and run game they had. The ravens are used to bullying teams but when a team punches back they've not responded very well. If we go behind on monday our guys won't be phased...they've seen it all before. But if we go ahead though how will the ravens react? It remains to be seen. I like hearing talking heads doubt us and pick the Ravens...i want the guys to feel like the world is against them this week.
The Ravens were ahead for like 4 minutes last year. They had one long drive and then Pat had one of his patented 2nd quarter explosions.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 10:54 AM 09-24-2020
Jackson is supreme athlete Tyrod Taylor/Andy Dalton. I’m not sure why the NFL has chosen to hype the fuck out of him. It’s weird. He can’t play the position unless he has a lead. I don’t get it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:28 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
Jackson is supreme athlete Tyrod Taylor/Andy Dalton. I’m not sure why the NFL has chosen to hype the **** out of him. It’s weird. He can’t play the position unless he has a lead. I don’t get it.
Seriously? Seems simple to me. The same reason a lot of people became fans of Mahomes; Lamar puts butts in seats.

Say whatever you want about the guy, he is electric on the screen. Pat blows people away with his arm talent/strength and Lamar gets people excited with his running ability.

You have to remember that the vast majority of people that watch football don't really know much about the game beyond whatever gets them excited. Like my ex-wife; she was a Bears fan, but really didn't understand the game very well, she just liked the speed and power, the energy of the fans, etc.

Just like Mahomes, Lamar draws people to watch the game that might not ordinarily be that interested. Kind of like how Tiger Woods brought more fans to golf. He was able to do that because of his incredible play, dramatic finishes, and his personal charisma. Lamar is doing the same thing.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:33 AM 09-24-2020
Ravens are really rolling. Lamar looks different in the passing game and we are not 100% well. Going to be antough one to win.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:36 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Ravens are really rolling. Lamar looks different in the passing game and we are not 100% well. Going to be antough one to win.
Lol wtf? :-)

How does Lamar “look different in the passing game”?

He looks exactly like he did last year.
[Reply]
Pants 11:36 AM 09-24-2020
The national coverage on this thing is crazy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

The whole team looks exactly like it did last year, right down to steamrolling two mediocre opponents.
[Reply]
Funkstown 11:46 AM 09-24-2020
I cannot wait for tomorrow when it’s purple Friday here. I’m wearing my Chiefs gear to draw some dirty looks from these people.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:54 AM 09-24-2020
Jackson is supreme athlete Tyrod Taylor/Andy Dalton. I’m not sure why the NFL has chosen to hype the **** out of him. It’s weird. He can’t play the position unless he has a lead. I don’t get it.
Lamar throws the ball a lot better than those guys. He has a better TD to INT ratio than Mahomes. The guy is pretty damn good.
[Reply]
Ravens213 11:57 AM 09-24-2020
Found the resident village idiot over here.... Lamar lead the league in TD passes in the pocket last year and td passes against the blitz. He accomplished that in what equates to 14 games played as he didn’t play the last game and sat out 4 fourth quarters. There is some legitimacy to the point that he’s less effective throwing outside the hashes but he’s also 23 years old. To say the man can’t pass the ball is just insane. He has an amazing presence in the pocket to sense pressure and either escape or get rid of the ball. He’s improved this year too. It’s early but it’s evident in watching the games. He’s improved his comp% on passes 15+ yards down the field from 44% to 63%. He’s also accomplishing everything with pretty limited receiving weapons. Hollywood is a stud but was playing on one foot last year and mark andrews is a good TE who was also hobbled by injuries. If you continue to think Lamar can’t throw the ball then your football IQ stinks.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:06 PM 09-24-2020
Hes a great player. Its ok to say that. Just because he isnt Mahomes doesnt mean you have to degrade another player.
[Reply]
kgrund 12:08 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Ravens213:
Found the resident village idiot over here.... Lamar lead the league in TD passes in the pocket last year and td passes against the blitz. He accomplished that in what equates to 14 games played as he didn’t play the last game and sat out 4 fourth quarters. There is some legitimacy to the point that he’s less effective throwing outside the hashes but he’s also 23 years old. To say the man can’t pass the ball is just insane. He has an amazing presence in the pocket to sense pressure and either escape or get rid of the ball. He’s improved this year too. It’s early but it’s evident in watching the games. He’s improved his comp% on passes 15+ yards down the field from 44% to 63%. He’s also accomplishing everything with pretty limited receiving weapons. Hollywood is a stud but was playing on one foot last year and mark andrews is a good TE who was also hobbled by injuries. If you continue to think Lamar can’t throw the ball then your football IQ stinks.
It has been widely discussed nationally that Lamar's ability to run and the Ravens' potent rushing attack helps him greatly when throwing the ball. He has teams that have to play them more straight up due to their ground game. This often presents Lamar with far more straight forward defensive looks than most other QBs in the league. He has shown me he is reasonably accurate. He has not shown me that he can easily process an array of coverages thrown at him when he has to throw the ball. It is much easier to know where to go with the ball when the coverages are reasonably vanilla.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:13 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

He has a 77% completion percentage. He does look a whole lot better from inside the pocket this year. He keeps improving every year
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:17 PM 09-24-2020
My concern is that it would seem we would benefit greatly from jumping to an early lead, however dating back to at least the playoffs last year we have a tendency to start slow/sluggish with early mistakes at times. I heard on the radio here in Dallas that KC is one of only 3 teams to not score any first quarter points so far. Obviously we know Mahomes can come from behind, but we have a better chance to put Jackson off his game if we get a lead and somewhat take his legs out of the equation.
[Reply]
Ravens213 12:20 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
It has been widely discussed nationally that Lamar's ability to run and the Ravens' potent rushing attack helps him greatly when throwing the ball. He has teams that have to play them more straight up due to their ground game. This often presents Lamar with far more straight forward defensive looks than most other QBs in the league. He has shown me he is reasonably accurate. He has not shown me that he can easily process an array of coverages thrown at him when he has to throw the ball. It is much easier to know where to go with the ball when the coverages are reasonably vanilla.
Of course lamars ability to run the ball opens up looks and forces defenses into zone looks... but he capitalizes on those looks week in and week out to the tune of putting up elite passing stats. Confuses me that people are quick to try and analyze LJ as what he would he be if he couldn’t run well. News flash... he still knows how to run.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 57
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up