« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread*****
Dante84 11:45 AM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
JPH83 02:37 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We have two legit corner talents out there with Sneed and McDuffie. Looking forward to the Spags defense annual late season turn around.

Sneed looks like a guy who's improved over last season. A real, legit step forward.

And when you put on the all-22 of McDuffie....good god that guy is every bit as sticky in the NFL as he was in college.
Sneed looks MUCH better than last year. Thought he had a dip last year but he's looked absolutely elite this. With McDuffie there's huge potential and versatility there to cover multiple WR types and schemes.

Williams looked average last night, I think he'll be feast or famine for awhile dependent on the match up. If he's anything above average that's a quality CB room and we have pretty good value even with a pay day for Sneed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:41 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's SO fucking good. Still probably the most underrated player on the team on a national level.
I still feel like that's Bolton.

Nobody ever talks about the guy but he's the key to our defense, imo
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:48 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Williams was targeted 3 times and receivers went 3/107 against him. Watson > Williams by far
If you take out the bomb to Allen - which was a great all-pro WR play to get open, incredible throw and incredible catch - that's really not a bad night.

I'm a lot more interested to see if he's getting toasted because of lack of athleticism, which he's not. He was in Allen's hip pocket. Allen just made a great move on the sideline that Williams may never have seen before.

Give the guy some time to learn the game. I'm not ready to throw him out because Keenan Allen got the better of him on a big play.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:50 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Sneed will be extended, Gay and Thornhill will walk.
I'd really like to see Gay and Bolton stay together as the cornerstones of the defense. And also keep Sneed. Maybe Vunch can make it happen.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:53 PM 11-22-2022
Jones, Bolton and Sneed are the one guy at each level you have to keep if we want to continue to see this defense progress forward and keep getting better.

Jones has taken his game to another level this year, and if not for Micah Parsons, would probably be the front runner for DPOY.

Bolton is just unbelievably dependable. Always seems to get himself in the right spot. Always makes the tackle. Knows how to position people and lead. Trending towards being a better version of Derrick Johnson. Not as athletic, but a higher football IQ.

Sneed is the swiss army knife that HB used to be that makes Spags defense work and makes it the best version of itself. Without his versatility out there, we would lose a lot on matchups.

All 3 are essential going forward. The rest you can plug and replace and re-stock through the draft as necessary.

Extend Jones this off-season for 3 more years (could add a 4th voidable year), give Sneed the money he deserves with a new contract (HB's old contract?) and we can worry about extending Bolton the following off-season.

LOCK THOSE THREE DOWN.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:13 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Jones, Bolton and Sneed are the one guy at each level you have to keep if we want to continue to see this defense progress forward and keep getting better.

Jones has taken his game to another level this year, and if not for Micah Parsons, would probably be the front runner for DPOY.

Bolton is just unbelievably dependable. Always seems to get himself in the right spot. Always makes the tackle. Knows how to position people and lead. Trending towards being a better version of Derrick Johnson. Not as athletic, but a higher football IQ.

Sneed is the swiss army knife that HB used to be that makes Spags defense work and makes it the best version of itself. Without his versatility out there, we would lose a lot on matchups.

All 3 are essential going forward. The rest you can plug and replace and re-stock through the draft as necessary.

Extend Jones this off-season for 3 more years (could add a 4th voidable year), give Sneed the money he deserves with a new contract (HB's old contract?) and we can worry about extending Bolton the following off-season.

LOCK THOSE THREE DOWN.
Sneed is the swiss army knife that we HOPED Mathieu would be. Makes most of the tackles, fantastic blitzer and always good in coverage. HB lacked the tackling ability (or willingness) at the end of his time here and Sneed is a much better blitzer.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:35 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Sneed is the swiss army knife that we HOPED Mathieu would be. Makes most of the tackles, fantastic blitzer and always good in coverage. HB lacked the tackling ability (or willingness) at the end of his time here and Sneed is a much better blitzer.
Yeah, I was mainly speaking to HB's first 2 years with us here, when he was effective in that role. Although he was never the blitzer that Sneed is.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:54 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yep, those are the cornerstones.

Gay and Thornhill are plus players I'd like to keep around. Maybe someone like Saunders.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:57 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yep, those are the cornerstones.

Gay and Thornhill are plus players I'd like to keep around. Maybe someone like Saunders.
Lose Thornhill. Especially if it means we can keep Gay. Saunders but only if it's very reasonable. Far too up and down.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:59 PM 11-22-2022
Gay is a plus payer, but i don't think he's shown enough yet to say he def needs a 2nd contract.

Would like to have seen another step forward for him this season ala Sneed or Bolton.

He's kinda still the same guy he was last season.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:39 PM 11-22-2022
Gay is a plus payer, but i don't think he's shown enough yet to say he def needs a 2nd contract.

Would like to have seen another step forward for him this season ala Sneed or Bolton.

Think this is fair, but I'd prioritise over Saunders and Thornhill.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:44 PM 11-22-2022

Here's the shit of what's likely to happen with Gay.

He's going to go somewhere for too much money, the team that signs him will regret it and the Chiefs will be worse for losing him as well.

He is just such a perfect complement to Bolton here. Those two guys HAVE to stay together. They are close friends, they have great on-field chemistry, they have matching strengths/weaknesses, they have mirrored personalities.

You can't ask for a better matched set. Gay will never mean as much to the team that signs him as he'd mean to the Chiefs but it also means that he's probably not WORTH as much as some other team will give him.

It's an irritating catch 22. I just really hope they figure out a way to lock those guys in for another 5-6 years past this season.
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:48 PM 11-22-2022
While there is a large gap between Gay to Bolton, Gay is still the second best LB we've had in recent years. While that probably says more about how thin we've been at the position overall, I would like Gay to stick around.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:49 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Lose Thornhill. Especially if it means we can keep Gay. Saunders but only if it's very reasonable. Far too up and down.
Agree with this. It's a shame KC doesn't have someone who can take Thornhill's job right now, and get him off the field.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:01 PM 11-22-2022
You can’t keep Jones, Bolton, Gay and Sneed.

The cap math barely works with 3 of those guys.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 58
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up