« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
JakeF 03:59 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Not true. His cap problems, signing players really late, releasing players like Charles and Maclin without offering pay cuts.
Dorsey might not be the best at the GM part but he was certainly one of the best at the player personnel part.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:00 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

This guy is full of shit 99% of the time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:00 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Like I said before this doesn't make sense. They have been friends for 20 years
They probably still are. It's just business.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:00 PM 06-22-2017
Any up and coming GMs on other teams that we can interview?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:00 PM 06-22-2017

Dubbed in January to be the "best bet" to succeed Ted Thompson, will John Dorsey land back in Green Bay? https://t.co/mIPesVP6wk

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) June 22, 2017

Spoiler!

[Reply]
JakeF 04:00 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Did Clark wait until after Ballard left to do this evaluation? Pretty frustrating that we let Ballard go and then decided that they guy he could have replaced wasn't good enough.

For Clark to have made the right move this year he will have to find a guy equal to or better than Dorsey and Ballard. I don't like our chances.
We just screwed it all up.
[Reply]
O.city 04:01 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
This guy is full of shit 99% of the time.
Yeah, no.
[Reply]
kgrund 04:01 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Dorsey was shit with the cap. Really shitty at getting long term deals done. Shit with free agents. Average drafts. Could pluck waiver wire talent for the back end of the roster he was good at. Not that big of a deal to lose him. Reid is the big reason for the franchise turn around anyways.
Average drafts really? The Chiefs drafts under Dorsey have been above average at a minimum. The crap management has been a known issue, but could have been fixed with restructuring of duties IMO. His signing of free agents was not great either, but bottom line is he helped assemble a deep and talented roster by most all NFL standards.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:01 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dorsey clearly made mistakes but his hits definitely outweighed his misses, which I described playing Devil's Advocate.

That said, I think this is all about Green Bay and a non-commitment to the Chiefs moreso than any misses.
Then if that discussion happened, why not let Ballard know that come next year he's GM.

Unless, Dorsey just revealed he's not going to extend his contract no matter what, and it seems like a really bizarre circumstances of dropping the bombshell.

Everything points to a recent and sudden issue that culminated in parting ways.

I'm still not happy. Dorsey was probably the biggest positive move this team has made as an organisation in 20+ years.
[Reply]
tk13 04:01 PM 06-22-2017
Yeah I don't buy the "Clark did an evaluation" idea either. If you do that, you do it in January when the season's over. You don't do it in June.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:02 PM 06-22-2017
It's better than losing him next March
But not quite as good losing him months ago allowing us to not lose Ballard. Initial thought is this isn't just about Dorsey's work history. If that's the case then shouldn't he have been let go so we could keep the 2nd in charge? Are we to believe that Clark was considering keeping Dorsey long-term until the Maclin deal?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:02 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, no.
He's fucking worthless
[Reply]
staylor26 04:03 PM 06-22-2017
It doesn't get any better than Dorsey, it just doesn't.

Our drafts will not be nearly as good as they have been. Not even close.
[Reply]
O.city 04:04 PM 06-22-2017
He's ****ing worthless
What has he been wrong about?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:04 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
But not quite as good losing him months ago allowing us to not lose Ballard. Initial thought is this isn't just about Dorsey's work history. If that's the case then shouldn't he have been let go so we could keep the 2nd in charge? Are we to believe that Clark was considering keeping Dorsey long-term until the Maclin deal?
At this point, no one knows. I posted about Dorsey's mistakes in an earlier post, so again, maybe this is the "straw that broke the camel's back".

But my gut tells me this was more about Dorsey's possible flirtation with Green Bay more so than his mistakes as a GM.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 137
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up