ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 173
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 11:42 AM 10-03-2013
Originally Posted by Zeke:
You think those are in high demand... try buying a VROD right now.
I sat on one at the dealer....yeah, I'd probably go to jail riding that thing. :-)
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:56 AM 10-03-2013
Originally Posted by TheUte:
We were hanging out on main st in deadwood and talked to a couple of the reps who were there. They are really nice bikes, but I'm a HD guy.
Victory's just have too many angles for my, they are nice bikes though.
They had a demonstration off main downtown sturgis. Doing cone patterns like a Kawasaki and American made like a Harley. Seems like a good combo. But I haven't gotten to ride so never know until you get in the saddle if Id really like it or not.
[Reply]
TheUte 12:03 PM 10-03-2013
Do you know what they are getting for them, do they deal on them?
[Reply]
Lzen 07:28 AM 10-04-2013
In light of the discussion with motorcycle and car collisions I thought this would be appropriate. Watch it. Show this to everyone you love that drives.

[Reply]
Lzen 07:32 AM 10-04-2013
I have a question for all you HOG owners. Got this guy at work that rides a Harley but I can't remember what year or model. I know it's not a big big like an Ultra or even a Road King. And it's not a Sportster. Anyway, he was telling me the other day that he washes it at the car wash and just towel dries it right away. Has anyone ever done this? I have never tried it for fear of getting water in something and messing up my bike. But if there's a method to do this safely, I would be all for it. Cleaning my bike by hand at home using buckets of soapy and non soapy water is a big ole pain in the butt.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:40 AM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I have a question for all you HOG owners. Got this guy at work that rides a Harley but I can't remember what year or model. I know it's not a big big like an Ultra or even a Road King. And it's not a Sportster. Anyway, he was telling me the other day that he washes it at the car wash and just towel dries it right away. Has anyone ever done this? I have never tried it for fear of getting water in something and messing up my bike. But if there's a method to do this safely, I would be all for it. Cleaning my bike by hand at home using buckets of soapy and non soapy water is a big ole pain in the butt.
I haven't washed mine yet, but I never took my previous ones to a car wash.
soap and water, and rinse with a fine low pressure mist ; pointing the nozzle over the tank like a shower
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:44 AM 10-04-2013
I would never use a wand at a car wash.
To much water pressure. This will force water into seals
I ride a lot of gravel roads. I use a leaf blower and blow the dust off, then use my water hose at low pressure to rinse and then hand dry.
Of course I dont have a drop of chrome on my bike. Motor is all black.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:45 AM 10-04-2013
High pressure hose isn't good on paint anyway, but yes I've heard it can get water in bad spots, just stick to the TLC method. Oh I sometimes use the leaf blower to start the drying
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:45 AM 10-04-2013
Lol
[Reply]
seaofred 07:45 AM 10-04-2013
I take my 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan to the car wash all the time. I just leave it running while I wash it. Never had a problem.
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:48 AM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
High pressure hose isn't good on paint anyway, but yes I've heard it can get water in bad spots, just stick to the TLC method. Oh I sometimes use the leaf blower to start the drying
:-)

I need to get a hog with lots of Chrome. My engine is just to easy to clean.
Plus my moto looks better dirty.

[Reply]
Omaha 07:49 AM 10-04-2013
I have never washed my hog at a car wash.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:54 AM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by Omaha:
I have never washed my hog at a car wash.
what about in the Shower or Bathtub?
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:55 AM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
:-)

I need to get a hog with lots of Chrome. My engine is just to easy to clean.
Plus my moto looks better dirty.
I love the look of chrome, but it is more maintenance. Yours looks fun to get dirty
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:59 AM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
what about in the Shower or Bathtub?
I remember the days when I would pull my motorcycle in the house when winter would hit and park it in the living room! Never thought about taking it in the shower or tub. Thats a good plan!
[Reply]
Page 34 of 173
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up