ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 295
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:45 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
How many RBs can we keep?

CEH
Damien
Washington
Thompson
Sherman

?
Screw Thompson. If Darrell is healthy, keep the big back with sweet pass-catching skills. Washington can spill Clyde, Darrell can spill Damien. The only upside Thompson has is that he got a lot of experience on specials last season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:47 AM 04-24-2020
wheee

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 11:47 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The value guys are cracking me up.

This kid is a strong, strong candidate...and imo, LIKELY winner for OROY and will be a featured player in this offense. He completely changes how teams have to defend the Chiefs because they MUST account for him every down, while already committing resources to Mahomes and our bevy of receivers. You can't just over-commit to our receivers anymore because if you give this guy a shallow box he'll break off 4-6 yards a carry in your ass every time.

How is that NOT worth the #32? I don't get it.

We're talking about a guy who will likely be a top 5 player at his position in terms of total production next season.

Yeah, the value is absolutely there. Production is production, man. It's hard to argue with production and it's even harder to imagine this kid, with THAT skill set, not being productive in this system with this supporting cast.
Exactly. I certainly won’t miss the RB by committee. If you have 3 starters at RB, you have none. That’s about to change.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:48 AM 04-24-2020
Dude was voted team MVP by the LSU players.

Read that shit again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:49 AM 04-24-2020
I know he's only 5'7" and 205. It's why I kind of thought another back might be in the cards.

But as short as he is, he's pretty stoutly built at that weight. And with Mahomes as your QB, does that fact that he's short even matter? Not in this offense.

His presence means you can't double Kelce all the time. Or you have to leave Hill one on one. or Watkins. Or Hardman.

We might not punt all season.

LOL.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:51 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Still won't be able to run the ball if the O-line doesn't improve. How many times did we run it straight up the gut for no gain last year???

Answer....A ton!
No, boo-boo, no.

First, the OL came together in the last quarter of the season and in the playoffs, and we were able to run much more effectively than in the first half of the season.

Second, as a pure runner, CEH has the kind of vision, football IQ, acceleration, balance, and shifty-ness to find creases to run through that no one else in the RB room has. Which you would know if you had watched the Brett Kolmann video, which explains this in a way that even dummies can understand. There's pictures with arrows and everything. You should go watch it.

So even if the call is an interior gap run, this kid has the tools to find yards that our RB group couldn't find last season, other than Shady, who is also elite in those respects.

In fact, CEH is exactly the kind of RB you want on the field when your OL isn't playing very well. This kind of ankle-breaker can effectively hide a lot of OL issues as far as the running game goes.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:51 AM 04-24-2020

CEH
Damien
Washington
Thompson
Sherman

?
RBs:
CEH
Damien Williams
Darrel Williams
DeAndre Washington
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:52 AM 04-24-2020

CEH
Damien
Washington
Thompson
Sherman

?
Darwin’s either gone or off to the PS
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:54 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No, boo-boo, no.

First, the OL came together in the last quarter of the season and in the playoffs, and we were able to run much more effectively than in the first half of the season.

Second, as a pure runner, CEH has the kind of vision, football IQ, acceleration, balance, and shifty-ness to find creases to run through that no one else in the RB room has. Which you would know if you had watched the Brett Kolmann video, which explains this in a way that even dummies can understand. There's pictures with arrows and everything. You should go watch it.

So even if the call is an interior gap run, this kid has the tools to find yards that our RB group couldn't find last season, other than Shady, who is also elite in those respects.

In fact, CEH is exactly the kind of RB you want on the field when your OL isn't playing very well. This kind of ankle-breaker can effectively hide a lot of OL issues as far as the running game goes.
Yeah, he's got that elusiveness and change of direction to make something out of nothing. It's a rare talent, and that's what you have to have if you've got a middle of the pack at best OL.

We're also not going to suddenly hand off 30 times a game. I mean, that's just not what Andy Reid does. I don't care if we had Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

And Clyde's got a little of both of those guys going on.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:54 AM 04-24-2020
Watching tape of this guy and my god, his routes as a pass catcher are dirty. His jukes are other worldly.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:58 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Watching tape of this guy and my god, his routes as a pass catcher are dirty. His jukes are other worldly.
maybe I need to quit watching his highlights.

I'm starting to get kind of silly. Funny in the head.

I'm seeing Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

with Marshall Faulk added in.

I've lost my mind.

Tell me I'm crazy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:00 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m still intrigued by Thompson, so hopefully he can at least make an impact on STs to keep a roster spot.
Darwin Award Thompson sucks and has the worst ball awareness of any RB I've seen in decades.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:00 PM 04-24-2020
CEH and Damian are locks

I assume the rest of the spots are up for grabs with Washington having an inside track, they may only keep 3 as honestly Darrell Williams and Darwin Thompson haven't shown all that much.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:01 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
maybe I need to quit watching his highlights.

I'm starting to get kind of silly. Funny in the head.

I'm seeing Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

I've lost my mind.

Tell me I'm crazy.
All the times it appears the defense has him reeled in 5 yards behind the first down marker and he always finds a way to pick it up anyway (or get damn close) is my favorite thing about him.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:02 PM 04-24-2020
Just watch his tape against Bama if you're in doubt.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 295
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up