ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 111
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:17 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
4 mil plus the 3.5 from Erving that frees up 7.5 and therefore we are below the cap. Well looks like that’s all the Chiefs news we will get today
That’s not how this works.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:18 AM 03-18-2020
Tardif was a below average starter last year being paid live a good starter.

Easy cut.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:22 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Tardif was a below average starter last year being paid live a good starter.

Easy cut.
LDT
$5 million in cap savings
$4 million in dead money

Reiter would be a better cut candidate as he has minimal dead money ($333,000) and Chiefs would create $3.425 million in cap space...

I wonder if they can bring Wis back?
[Reply]
BossChief 11:23 AM 03-18-2020
Kinda surprised we didn’t give Kemp a RFA offer. That knee must be pretty bad. I bet we sign him when he gets healthy.

Now it’s time to get something for LDT and Watkins.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:25 AM 03-18-2020
While not exciting, I like the approach the Chiefs are taking. Take the time to work on deal with Jones and Watkins, don't put undo pressure to get those two done.

The market may help. For one, I feel like Jone's number (worth) is now known regardless if we are looking to trade or sign him. With Sammy, he has to be motivated to work something out since there have already been big WR trades and the draft is loaded with talented guy.

The wait and see approach might also allow the Chiefs a better shot at keeping a guy like Breeland, which would be awesome IMO. For reasons that I simply do not understand, his market must be kinda cool. Which is good for the Chiefs.

I'd be ecstatic if we some how returned Pennel, Watkins, Jones, and Breeland.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:26 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
LDT
$5 million in cap savings
$4 million in dead money

Reiter would be a better cut candidate as he has minimal dead money ($333,000) and Chiefs would create $3.425 million in cap space...

I wonder if they can bring Wis back?
I think you just gotta look at pure savings in this case. Being tight against the cap.

Reiter was actually a little better than LDT last year I think. Definitely $1.5M better (the difference in savings).

I’d move from LDT.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:27 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
While not exciting, I like the approach the Chiefs are taking. Take the time to work on deal with Jones and Watkins, don't put undo pressure to get those two done.

The market may help. For one, I feel like Jone's number (worth) is now known regardless if we are looking to trade or sign him. With Sammy, he has to be motivated to work something out since there have already been big WR trades and the draft is loaded with talented guy.

The wait and see approach might also allow the Chiefs a better shot at keeping a guy like Breeland, which would be awesome IMO. For reasons that I simply do not understand, his market must be kinda cool. Which is good for the Chiefs.

^ Yes to all of this
[Reply]
BossChief 11:28 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:

And Wisnewski.

It’s also Interesting that Veach only converted 5m of Clark’s salary to a bonus when he could have converted 12.5
[Reply]
BossChief 11:31 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think you just gotta look at pure savings in this case. Being tight against the cap.

Reiter was actually a little better than LDT last year I think. Definitely $1.5M better (the difference in savings).

I’d move from LDT.
The team may also look at it that he was still possibly recovering from injury last year and he might play better fully healed. If they can’t trade him, they might want to just keep him rather than saving the 5m.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:34 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The team may also look at it that he was still possibly recovering from injury last year and he might play better fully healed. If they can’t trade him, they might want to just keep him rather than saving the 5m.
He's always recovering from injury.

Bye, Doc.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:34 AM 03-18-2020
Problem there is he’s always getting injured anyways. I’d move on.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:35 AM 03-18-2020
And Wisnewski.

It’s also Interesting that Veach only converted 5m of Clark’s salary to a bonus when he could have converted 12.5
He may not have wanted to spread out 12.5 over the remainder of the contract though. I would say it was about keeping dead money down in future years.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 03-18-2020
Nick Foles traded to the Bears for a 4th round pick.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:39 AM 03-18-2020
I’d cut him, too...but it doesn’t seem like Veach is too worried about the guys that make sense to keep/sign. Haven’t heard a peep about any of

Breeland
Chris Harris jr
Pennell
Wisnewski

My hope is that cap space is going to open up with extensions/trades and that $ will go to that list.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:40 AM 03-18-2020

QB trade: Jacksonville is trading QB Nick Foles to Chicago for the Bears’ compensatory fourth-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Bears’ coaches such as Matt Nagy have worked with Foles in past and know him well.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 18, 2020

[Reply]
Page 34 of 111
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Up