ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 34 of 82
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
-King- 10:37 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Tyson was crap. He was the best of his day.. which isn't saying a lot. Holmes was every bit as strong and fast and actually had something Tyson never could have... skill. Heavyweight boxing was an absolute joke by the time Tyson was a "champion."

But that said, yes, you are right, tyson would have killed Lee in a fight. Not the figurative "killed" but in reality KILLED him. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
This.
[Reply]
-King- 10:41 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well, this is an opinion thing that neither of us can prove so I don't feel like drawing it out for no reason.

My reasoning is that Bruce used leg strikes while Tyson didn't- and not only did he not use them himself, he was never trained to effectively defend against them.

A leg strike, which is quicker than a jab when coming from a guy like Lee, has far more reach than a standard punch and doesn't leave you as vulnerable. My thinking is that Lee could get in a couple leg kicks to the thigh/knee region before Tyson could get in close enough to even get a swing off. If Lee is able to land those tactically, it could really change the fight. Good luck trying to throw a powerful punch with a partially torn knee ligament or deep thigh bruise..
Not really.

Kicking is not that effective for the most part and should be the last resort for most fighters. That's why you see more punching and wrestling in MMA than actual kicking. For the most part, when they kick, they're just trying to disarm or distract the opponent, not do actual damage.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:42 PM 01-31-2014
BRUCE LEE WINS YOU PUNK ASS BITCHES - DONT AGREE? LETS FIGHT!

PM ME YOUR ADDRESS YOU DEAD MOTHER ****ER
[Reply]
GordonGekko 10:48 PM 01-31-2014
It's like a Panzer tank vs. a Ferrari

I think the fight depends a lot on the environment. If it is a closed walled small room then Tyson most likely. But if it is outdoors where Lee can use the environment against Tyson I think it is a much different fight.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:56 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Not really.

Kicking is not that effective for the most part and should be the last resort for most fighters. That's why you see more punching and wrestling in MMA than actual kicking. For the most part, when they kick, they're just trying to disarm or distract the opponent, not do actual damage.
Bruce Lee could kick Tyson hard enough to shatter his kneecap, and get his leg back ready to strike again, before Tyson could get his leg out of the way.
[Reply]
Buzz 10:57 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
BRUCE LEE WINS YOU PUNK ASS BITCHES - DONT AGREE? LETS FIGHT!

PM ME YOUR ADDRESS YOU DEAD MOTHER ****ER
see you at the airport?
[Reply]
-King- 11:01 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Bruce Lee could kick Tyson hard enough to shatter his kneecap, and get his leg back ready to strike again, before Tyson could get his leg out of the way.
And Tyson could punch Lee hard enough to shatter his life.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:01 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by GordonGekko:
It's like a Panzer tank vs. a Ferrari

I think the fight depends a lot on the environment. If it is a closed walled small room then Tyson most likely. But if it is outdoors where Lee can use the environment against Tyson I think it is a much different fight.
It's like a honey badger vs. a wild dog. Here's a story of two honey badgers fighting and running off five wild dogs:

http://blog.londolozi.com/2009/09/wi...-at-londolozi/
[Reply]
listopencil 11:05 PM 01-31-2014
So:

If

2(Bruce Lee)>5(Mike Tyson)

Then

Bruce Lee>2.5(Mike Tyson)

Therefore

Bruce Lee>Mike Tyson

Bruce Lee wins.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:05 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
And Tyson could punch Lee hard enough to shatter his life.
He wouldn't get there in time.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:13 AM 02-01-2014
Originally Posted by Buzz:
see you at the airport?
I'LL BE THERE - PACK A LUNCH... BITCH
[Reply]
New World Order 01:00 AM 02-01-2014
Bruce Lee weighs 130 pounds. We have never even seen him in a real fight. Meanwhile, Iron Mike is beating people up in the ring and on the subway.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:44 AM 02-01-2014
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Bruce Lee weighs 130 pounds. We have never even seen him in a real fight. Meanwhile, Iron Mike is beating people up in the ring and on the subway.
150, and he not only beat, but embarrassed many people in open competition, not to mention private bouts that happened constantly with various people, but particularly Chinese.

And no, it wasn't just the one guy from the one Jason Scott Lee movie, it was an ongoing thing in his life.

Several of the Chinese xtras from Enter The Dragon challenged him on set and failed miserably... you guys doubting the dirty, life or death moves he knew are hilarious... if some true kung-fu master were let loose in the UFC it would be a debacle.

Not to say wrestlers and Jiu-Jitsu guys totally lose their ass, but if they aren't quick enough to get a true kung-fu guy on the ground they're at severe risk for maiming moves in a no rules situation... Bruce would use every dirty trick in the book on Tyson, and win.
[Reply]
whoman69 08:59 AM 02-01-2014
Originally Posted by PGM:
Chuck Norris
Bruce Lee > Chuck Norris
[Reply]
mikey23545 09:56 AM 02-01-2014
I can't believe you guys that think some silly-ass little slap-punching guy could stand up for more than the time it would have taken for Tyson to land his first shot.

A body shot from Tyson would break the little fuck in half, and a head shot would decapitate him. And all this talk about kicks and nerve bundles...:-) You need to quit reading so many comic books...:-)
[Reply]
Page 34 of 82
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up