ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 101
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
Oxford 08:28 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's all going to come down to whether or not the Chiefs offense executes early.

The Browns just don't have the horses on defense to stop them. Their hope is to run the ball and get into play action situations where they can go deep, like the Raiders did earlier in the year.

Just running the ball well won't be enough. They have to take the top off the defense. I don't know that they have the WR's for that but they need to make every effort to make the Chiefs play that way.

The problem is that if the Chiefs score early and get a lead, it takes Cleveland right out of their offensive game plan. Cleveland probably can't win a pure shootout.
I would expect Cleveland to work their RB against our safeties/LB group as the big play threat in the pass game, in the open field they are a problem.
[Reply]
Oxford 08:36 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
im in denial about this.
I think this game will be relatively close until late in the 3rd quarter. Then the CLE defense will be a little tired of chasing PMII and the WR group, then PMII puts up 2 quick scores to put it out of reach.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:42 AM 01-12-2021
KC needs to do what they tend to do against running teams. Score fast and pressure the other team to keep up forcing them to make decisions they might not normally make. The best way for KC to stop Chubb/Hunt is to force Mayfield to beat them with his arm.
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 01-12-2021
It's not just if the Chiefs score early. If the Chiefs offense is on, they're gonna KEEP scoring. Not just early, but often. Thats what stresses the running games.

You can find yourself down 14-3 quick and another stop against your run game and this sucker could be over.
[Reply]
Oxford 08:44 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I am too young to remember the Dawson days. Imagine becoming a fan in the 80s, pre Marty. I still remember listening to them on the radio every Sunday. It would have been so easy to have become a Niners or Giants fan in those days. For some stupid reason I remained and still remain loyal to the Chiefs. I can't imagine following a player and rooting for whomever he plays for.
The old AFL days, what a joy. The Chiefs lining up and the question would be "will the other team score"?. Warpaint running around the stadium.......... but the best line of all was "we couldn't stop the Chiefs, but we damn dear killed their horse" [I]John Madden/I]
[Reply]
tredadda 08:49 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Oxford:
The old AFL days, what a joy. The Chiefs lining up and the question would be "will the other team score"?. Warpaint running around the stadium.......... but the best line of all was "we couldn't stop the Chiefs, but we damn dear killed their horse" [I]John Madden/I]
I have heard that quote before. :-). I am just glad KC is finally good again. All I could do is listen to stories about the glory days but never lived it. Before Mahomes, the Chiefs had won four playoff games in my lifetime and two were the same year with Montana.
[Reply]
Mav 08:57 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They have two #1 RBs so they have no issue swapping the two out. They don't often run two-back sets, or split one of them out wide, or run wildcat or any weird shit- it's a straight-up, conventional ground game.

They're good enough to just line up and beat you. They don't have to rely on a ton of misdirection and exotic plays (like KC) or the threat of their QB taking off on any play (like BAL). Run left, run right, trap, zone, dive, sweep.. doesn't matter.
They split out the rbs quite a bit. They want to get Chubb, or Hunt matched up with a LB.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:01 AM 01-12-2021
The Chiefs have stopped the run much better this season.

Before anyone starts posting stats otherwise; what I am specifically referring to is situationally. Early in the game, or when the score is close. Some of the teams we played would still run late in the game and pile up some stats when our emphasis had shifted to the pass.

We don't rush the passer all that well which has been frustrating, but we're pretty good against the run and we cover well other than LB'ers. This is especially true with Sneed in the slot.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:02 AM 01-12-2021

Based on early ticket data - Cleveland Browns fans are absolutely storming Kansas City this weekend

Will bet dollars to donuts there are more Browns fans there than Chiefs fans

— Patrick Ryan (@PRyanTexas) January 11, 2021

[Reply]
DaFace 09:04 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
While I'm sure many tickets on the secondary market are going to Browns fans, and I don't deny that many Browns fans will be in attendance, tweets like this don't really make any sense. Most of the tickets were sold a month ago. The only ones changing hands right now are the handful that are being resold.
[Reply]
Mav 09:15 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The Chiefs have stopped the run much better this season.

Before anyone starts posting stats otherwise; what I am specifically referring to is situationally. Early in the game, or when the score is close. Some of the teams we played would still run late in the game and pile up some stats when our emphasis had shifted to the pass.

We don't rush the passer all that well which has been frustrating, but we're pretty good against the run and we cover well other than LB'ers. This is especially true with Sneed in the slot.
And the ugly truth is, that the Browns the past 5 weeks havent run the ball particularly well. I expect the Chiefs to do the same thing. And I am okay with that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:17 AM 01-12-2021
And the ugly truth is, that the Browns the past 5 weeks havent run the ball particularly well. I expect the Chiefs to do the same thing. And I am okay with that.
looked pretty good to me on Sunday.
[Reply]
bobbything 09:23 AM 01-12-2021
As crazy as it sounds, I feel like Reid has been relatively conservative in a lot of situations this year—outside of the Ravens game. I think we are gonna see a full-on onslaught here.

Reid + Mahomes after a bye = 4-0 and no fewer than 31 points scored.
[Reply]
Mav 09:26 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
looked pretty good to me on Sunday.
It was okay in the red zone, but really wasnt anything special. A lot of that having to do with Bitonio being out, and Conklin going out in the second quarter. This misconception is that if you take away the run game the Browns are going to fold.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:27 AM 01-12-2021
They split out the rbs quite a bit. They want to get Chubb, or Hunt matched up with a LB.
Would you say that considering the Browns rushing attack as conventional is a fairly accurate assessment or completely off the mark?
[Reply]
Page 34 of 101
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Up