ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 80
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:27 PM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by sedated:
The Joseph A. Bank business model
I did that shit for years with TWC and would usually end up around the same price every year... they'd add HBO and Cinemax one year, take one of them away the next year, take the other one away but add some other crap I never watch the next year, etc. And I hear Spectrum is putting a stop to it.

At least Dish has a 2 year contract where the price won't change (you have to sign up for 2 years with DTV but the price jumps up after 1 year :-) ).
[Reply]
lewdog 03:08 PM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I did that shit for years with TWC and would usually end up around the same price every year... they'd add HBO and Cinemax one year, take one of them away the next year, take the other one away but add some other crap I never watch the next year, etc. And I hear Spectrum is putting a stop to it.

At least Dish has a 2 year contract where the price won't change (you have to sign up for 2 years with DTV but the price jumps up after 1 year :-) ).
Yup, and ever year I call in and bitch about my price jumping and they knock some of it off. Last year I think I told them I wanted the rate locked in for 2 years or I wouldn't do it and I think that's what I got.

Then again their billing is so fucking confusing I'll likely never know!!!
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:08 PM 08-04-2017
I might try a new approach this year if they won't budge.

I'll try and then cancel DTV....and then sign up as a new customer under my name and a tech can bring me new equipment and I'll get the new customer treatment.

Unless I just cut the cord like I've been thinking about.
[Reply]
eDave 03:13 PM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

I'll try and then cancel DTV....and then sign up as a new customer under my name and a tech can bring me new equipment and I'll get the new customer treatment.

You will be under a 2y K with DTV. Penalty is $20 for each month left on the K.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:13 PM 08-04-2017
I just didn't use it enough to warrant the cost, even if discounted.

I'm local so I get the Chiefs game, whatever other game is on late or early I can make work, or check out shit online or NFLN. Don't care enough about the other NFL games anymore. Watch the SNF game. TNF isn't worth watching. It's always a pile of dogshit.

I get most of my football joy from watching college games to be honest. There are typically enough solid games on a Saturday to keep me entertained. As a KU fan, you know I'm not suffering through many of those game either.

Standard price is $400/season or so right? That's nuts.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:19 PM 08-04-2017

You have to be without service for a certain period of time.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:24 PM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
You will be under a 2y K with DTV. Penalty is $20 for each month left on the K.
I'm pretty sure last year around this time I called and my contract was up...and they made a change, gave me somewhat of a better deal on package for 6 months for a 1 year extension. I think I'm up in Sept.

It's currently in my wife's name only....My assumption is shit like divorces happen all the time where TV contract changes names, even with same last name.
I can shut it off for a while, that's not a big problem for me, but I don't see how they wouldn't come right back out and do an install for a "new" customer name.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:30 PM 08-04-2017
I just set up cancellation for end up of the month. We'll see if they play ball in a couple weeks. If not, fuck them. I'll switch to Dish for half the cost.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:43 PM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Then again their billing is so ****ing confusing I'll likely never know!!!
This. Supposedly I always get shit off from them but I'll never really know.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:45 PM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
This. Supposedly I always get shit off from them but I'll never really know.
Yeah, I signed a new contract in May and they were supposed to begin my $50/off that month. I had to call customer service three times and complain/bitch to other departments to get it corrected because of their fucked up billing cycles.

In the end, I just told them I felt entirely misled by what I'd been promised and what I received and I just wanted that money taken off, they obliged. But it took three fucking calls and a good 2 hours of my life altogether.

Only bad experience I've had thus far.
[Reply]
eDave 03:47 PM 08-04-2017
I'm pretty sure last year around this time I called and my contract was up...and they made a change, gave me somewhat of a better deal on package for 6 months for a 1 year extension. I think I'm up in Sept.

It's currently in my wife's name only....My assumption is shit like divorces happen all the time where TV contract changes names, even with same last name.
I can shut it off for a while, that's not a big problem for me, but I don't see how they wouldn't come right back out and do an install for a "new" customer name.
I like it!
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 07:16 PM 08-04-2017
I called last night and got NFLST and Max for free again this year. It was easier this time for some reason.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:45 PM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
I called last night and got NFLST and Max for free again this year. It was easier this time for some reason.
You motherfucker!!!

I'll give you all my information. Can you call for me? :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:02 AM 08-05-2017
This yearly dance has me seriously debating cutting the cord. I can do Sling Orange & Blue with cloud DVR and HBO for $60/month. Add Hulu basic for $8, and get all their programming, too. Add an OTA antenna, and I'm good.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:01 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
This yearly dance has me seriously debating cutting the cord. I can do Sling Orange & Blue with cloud DVR and HBO for $60/month. Add Hulu basic for $8, and get all their programming, too. Add an OTA antenna, and I'm good.
Well, this idea didn't last long. I had called yesterday and canceled service effective 9/11 (end of my bill cycle). Out of the gate, the guy cut my bill from $147/month to $70/month for 12 months. Added premium channels for 3 months, then if I keep HBO, bill goes to $88/month. Sunday Ticket for free. When I was questioning him about the bill after 3 months, he offered me a $200 Visa gift card, too. All under a 12-month contract, so I can do this all again in a year when all these discounts run out.

I can't more highly recommend actually going through the process of setting up the cancellation date. Set it a month out, and wait for them to call you.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 80
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up