ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 338 of 386
« First < 238288328334335336337338 339340341342348 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
DaFace 10:46 AM 05-15-2019
Another "alternate script" that would have helped a lot in my opinion:

Brienne should have died in the battle. Her character deserved that ending rather than a one-night-stand with Jamie only to be dumped. And her death would have been enough for Jamie to evaluate priorities and decide to go back to Cersei.

Bleh.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:10 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Brienne should have died in the battle. Her character deserved that ending rather than a one-night-stand with Jamie only to be dumped. And her death would have been enough for Jamie to evaluate priorities and decide to go back to Cersei.

Bleh.
It sent a very important message to feminists.

Even if you're a strong independent woman who don't need no man, you can still get pumped and dumped.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:38 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Bleh.

Brienne dying seemed preordained. Agree that her dying in the fight probably should have happened - saving Jaime would have been a good way for that to happen.

I would offer a change/update to your suggestion though... that once she survived and she and Jaime hooked up, when she confronted him as he was leaving, she should have stood on her honor and refused to let him go without a fight.

Her honor as a knight. Who vouched for Ser Jaime. Who saw him swear he was there to help and done with Cersei.

In the fight, he would kill her.

It would cement Jaime’s arc returning to his roots - devoted to Cersei above all else. And it would have been heartbreaking to witness.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:39 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Brienne dying seemed preordained. Agree that her dying in the fight probably should have happened - saving Jaime would have been a good way for that to happen.

I would offer a change/update to your suggestion though... that once she survived and she and Jaime hooked up, when she confronted him as he was leaving, she should have stood on her honor and refused to let him go without a fight.

Her honor as a knight. Who vouched for Ser Jaime. Who saw him swear he was there to help and done with Cersei.

It would cement Jaime’s arc returning to his roots - devoted to Cersei above all else. And it would have been heartbreaking to witness.
Yeah... seeing a lot of "Brienne is pregnant" theories that I'm not sure how I feel about. It gives a purpose to her and Jaime in S8, but I'm unsure how I feel about that purpose.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:43 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah... seeing a lot of "Brienne is pregnant" theories that I'm not sure how I feel about. It gives a purpose to her and Jaime in S8, but I'm unsure how I feel about that purpose.
Does Jamie have super sperm or what. Every time has has sex, bam preggers.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:00 PM 05-15-2019

That would have been great except Brienne would have slaughtered him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:19 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
That would have been great except Brienne would have slaughtered him.

If you assume a straight-up fight where she tried.

If she simply tried to stand in his way and he was armed and armored and he surprised her or she didn’t fight back? Different story.

Lords. Imagine the uproar if Brienne and Missandei had been done in by the Lannister twins in back-to-back episodes.

I’m a liberal dude. But even I find that annoying.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:38 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It sent a very important message to feminists.

Even if you're a strong independent woman who don't need no man, you can still get pumped and dumped.
NSW

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 01:06 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
NSW

Spoiler!
Ouch :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:11 PM 05-15-2019
Jaime hit her with the old ejaculate and evacuate.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:26 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Does Jamie have super sperm or what. Every time has has sex, bam preggers.
Jaime of House Cromartie :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:18 PM 05-15-2019
Brienne doesn't have any eggs left to get pregnant.
[Reply]
otherstar 04:46 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Faramir bringing Frodo and the ring to Osgiliath is especially stupid in my mind. In the books, it's reasonably clear that Frodo and Sam's terrible march through the dead marshes and approach through Cirith Ungol results in Sauron and the Nine having no idea where they are at any point in time after he takes off the ring at Amon Hen.

As Gandalf explains, Sauron cannot conceive of the leaders of the free peoples not taking the ring up in their defense. It never occurs ot him that they are heading to Mordor to dunk the ring. In the books, the last time Frodo wears the ring is at Amon Hen, which is NorthWEST of Minas Tirith. In the movies, a Nazgul SEES him with the ring (though he doesn't wear it) at Osgiliath. That change never made any damn sense to me.

But putting them in the middle of a war zone in Osgiliath, directly EAST of Minas Tirith, where a rider SEES them, undermines the entire angle of sneaking into Mordor. He would KNOW that the ring was EAST of Minas Tirith. He would have all of his armies scouring for it, and they are already in that damn area.

Though I fully recognize only a full blown LOTR book geek could possibly care about such things.
I'll respond to both of your replies here and say that we're of the same mind. The movies were good on their own, but as we've both pointed out were quite different than the books. (and yes, I'm a LOTR book geek)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:57 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Jaime hit her with the old ejaculate and evacuate.
Lannister and bannister!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:12 PM 05-15-2019

Honestly, this is worse than what actually happened.
[Reply]
Page 338 of 386
« First < 238288328334335336337338 339340341342348 > Last »
Up