ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3347 of 4915
« First < 2347284732473297333733433344334533463347 334833493350335133573397344738474347 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:17 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Yeah, wish we still had Teddy.
Well you would have:

1. The same record (maybe one game better, after all you started 3-0 against garbage last year, no?)

2. 230 million more cap dollars to spend over the next few years.

3. An equally shitty offense to the one that you have now.

4. Two first round picks and two second round picks that might have allowed you to draft a young franchise QB, what you really need.

5. An extra solid productive D-Lineman and a young TE with potential who has shown some flashes.

6. Shall I go on . . . . . .

But, yeah, you guys enjoy DangeRuss. Seriously, he looks outstanding.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:17 PM 09-29-2022
Cooked that loss up real good yeah?
Worry about the Faid
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:24 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Well you would have:

1. The same record (maybe one game better, after all you started 3-0 against garbage last year, no?)

2. 230 million more cap dollars to spend over the next few years.

3. An equally shitty offense to the one that you have now.

4. Two first round picks and two second round picks that might have allowed you to draft a young franchise QB, what you really need.

5. An extra solid productive D-Lineman and a young TE with potential who has shown some flashes.

6. Shall I go on . . . . . .

But, yeah, you guys enjoy DangeRuss. Seriously, he looks outstanding.
We will see how it ends.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:24 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Worry about the Faid
You sure get prickly …
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:25 PM 09-29-2022
Teddy's bomb to Reek is better throw than anything DangeRuss has done in pile high.

Look how bad his numbers are when you take out the underthrown duck that made the defender fall it was so bad to Judy
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:46 PM 09-29-2022
Both have had a few decent moments and Flacco had the one big game, but that’s it. Neither is a starter, but I get it… it’s kind of a funny narrative to run with right now.
Keenum won a lot of games with a mediocre Minnesota franchise. TB was much more successful in MN and NO than Denver. Flacco has looked much better before and years after Denver. And now Wilson is looking much weaker in Denver than with Seattle.

You have to admit….none of this supports the “loaded roster” narrative.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:13 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Keenum won a lot of games with a mediocre Minnesota franchise. TB was much more successful in MN and NO than Denver. Flacco has looked much better before and years after Denver. And now Wilson is looking much weaker in Denver than with Seattle.

We’ve had this conversation before, right?

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:21 AM 09-30-2022

Keenum caught lightning in a bottle one season (Vikings 2017).
Teddy had a nice season (also the Vikings 2015).

Teddy’s best season may actually have been in Denver from a production standpoint. Other than that, yeah… spot on.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:34 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

Your conversations are bull shit
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:47 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Your conversations are bull shit
Bullshit is really just one word, yeah?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:40 AM 09-30-2022
Keenum caught lightning in a bottle one season (Vikings 2017).
Teddy had a nice season (also the Vikings 2015).

Teddy’s best season may actually have been in Denver from a production standpoint. Other than that, yeah… spot on.
If just looking at stats, Teddy’s best year was probably with a shitty Carolina team. But record is more important and more indicative of the quality of the roster. 11-5 in MN in 2015, 5-0 in NO a few years ago.

I don’t think a QB can “catch lightning in a bottle” by magically winning 13 games in this league. It’s the best record MN’s had in a long time, and also the furthest they’ve gone in the playoffs in a long time.

Flacco looked like the worst QB in the league in Denver. Looked completely washed up three years ago. He’s looked much better on a terrible Jets team.

Lock had fairly big expectations and fell on his face.

And now Wilson is having a pretty poor year so far. Despite an offseason full of comparisons to the 2021 Rams, which you have to admit were ludicrous.

I know you weren’t calling it a loaded roster, but if it were, you’d expect a lot more. Even with mediocre coaching.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:05 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

Yeah, and what we’ve seen so far this year only makes the loaded roster talk look more foolish.

21 Rams part 2! Or….not.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:05 AM 09-30-2022
If just looking at stats, Teddy’s best year was probably with a shitty Carolina team. But record is more important and more indicative of the quality of the roster. 11-5 in MN in 2015, 5-0 in NO a few years ago.

I don’t think a QB can “catch lightning in a bottle” by magically winning 13 games in this league. It’s the best record MN’s had in a long time, and also the furthest they’ve gone in the playoffs in a long time.

Flacco looked like the worst QB in the league in Denver. Looked completely washed up three years ago. He’s looked much better on a terrible Jets team.

Lock had fairly big expectations and fell on his face.

And now Wilson is having a pretty poor year so far. Despite an offseason full of comparisons to the 2021 Rams, which you have to admit were ludicrous.

I know you weren’t calling it a loaded roster, but if it were, you’d expect a lot more. Even with mediocre coaching.
Yeah, I just think it's folly suggesting that Flacco, Case, etc were anything more than average by the time they made their way to Denver and neither has done anything consistent over half a season since leaving.

Flacco was playing like hell before Denver and after flaming out there in 8 games, he has won exactly 1 game since 2019. Case has won 3 games since leaving in 2018. So, I just think the narrative is flawed.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:48 AM 09-30-2022
Yeah, I just think it's folly suggesting that Flacco, Case, etc were anything more than average by the time they made their way to Denver and neither has done anything consistent over half a season since leaving.

Flacco was playing like hell before Denver and after flaming out there in 8 games, he has won exactly 1 game since 2019. Case has won 3 games since leaving in 2018. So, I just think the narrative is flawed.
Keenum hasn’t had a chance on a decent roster. Other than a couple games in Cleveland and he won both. Flacco’s been on the worst team in the league and he’s pushing 40. Wouldn’t expect him to pile up wins. It’s surprising to even see him move the ball and score.

I’m definitely not saying that any of them are above average. I’m saying that a loaded roster can win with an average/mediocre QB.

Denver fans have been telling us for years that KC’s roster is mediocre and Denver’s is much better. Yet it’s KC that has managed to make Matt Moore and Henne serviceable, and Alex Smith a perennial winner. Do you think they’d have done well on recent Denver teams? I highly doubt it. And I don’t necessarily consider any of those KC rosters “loaded.”
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:08 AM 09-30-2022
Denver fans have been telling us for years that KC’s roster is mediocre and Denver’s is much better.
Maybe one person has said that, but I don't know that any of the reasonable Broncos' fans around here have been banging that drum with the overall team comparisons the last couple of years.
[Reply]
Page 3347 of 4915
« First < 2347284732473297333733433344334533463347 334833493350335133573397344738474347 > Last »
Up