ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 334 of 617
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335336337338344384434 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The list of 85 by Roastmaster Saul Good. And hey, it's actually saul good.
Pasta Little Brioni 03:00 PM 05-20-2013
As a spinoff to the successful NFL Network's version of this and from the drama thread, it has come to fruition that this thread must be created.

Each day Hootie will reveal a member starting with 101 and working his way in order to number 1. I will update the OP as I see the names revealed.

*Warning this thread may cause a severe case of butthurt*

Let it begin!!

Hootie's List

Saul Good - A little about Roaster #2 (by frazod)
Spoiler!

85 BigRedChief
Spoiler!

84. StevieRay
Spoiler!

83. Rustshack
Spoiler!

82. KCnative
Spoiler!

81. Notorious
Spoiler!

80. Braincase
Spoiler!

79. big nasty kcnut
Spoiler!

78. crazycoffey
Spoiler!

77. Phobia

Spoiler!

76 Dave Lane

Spoiler!

75 KnowMo roasted by PGM
Spoiler!

74 Luv roasted by Mr. Flopnuts
Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 05:36 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by Donger:
Cheers is rather good, albeit somewhat less snooty than Frasier. Kind of a White trash, working class version of Frasier.
That's why I like Frasier. It appeals to my intelligence and sense of refinement.
RealSNR 06:01 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Hold on, :-)
It's not. Frasier ascends and aspires to make the viewer feel more. Cheers may seem on the surface to connect to Joe Everyman far better, but that's just because of its ordinary setting. When you can connect with snooty, rich, and pompous Frasier Crane and realize that his imperfections and even dark sides are things that everybody has, it means the experience has resonated with you far better.

Cheers was brilliant, don't get me wrong. It was the first of its type. Frasier took what Cheers was (very much like a theatrical stage within a sitcom) and ADDED to its dimensions.

Also, Frasier went 11 seasons. Just saying...
rico 06:06 PM 06-05-2013
I don't think I've ever made it through an episode of Cheers. When I was younger, whenever I heard the Cheers theme song come on the TV, it usually meant that it was around the time where my mom or dad would tell us that it was "bed time" and it would piss me off. Whenever I've seen a rerun on TV since then, I've always changed the channel real quickly because I think, "ugh, there's that TV show that meant bed time as a kid."

Same thing with M*A*S*H.
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:08 PM 06-05-2013
I recorded the final episode of Cheers as a ten year old, but I was a weird kid.
crazycoffey 06:11 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by rico:
I don't think I've ever made it through an episode of Cheers. When I was younger, whenever I heard the Cheers theme song come on the TV, it usually meant that it was around the time where my mom or dad would tell us that it was "bed time" and it would piss me off. Whenever I've seen a rerun on TV since then, I've always changed the channel real quickly because I think, "ugh, there's that TV show that meant bed time as a kid."

Same thing with M*A*S*H.
I liked mash better than cheers. cheers better than frazer and mcgyver better than those. Airwolf was pretty good too. and Magnum PI
rico 06:24 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
I liked mash better than cheers. cheers better than frazer and mcgyver better than those. Airwolf was pretty good too. and Magnum PI
Macgyver was pretty cool shit. Watched quite a bit of that. I remember there being a certain night of the week as a 7 or 8 year old where our family would watch Macgyver, Unsolved Mysteries and Rescue 911 all in the same evening. Then we'd watch the news and as soon as that was over, the M*A*S*H or Cheers theme song would come on and boom, it was time for bed.

I was able to catch a few episodes of Magnum PI as a kid. I remember thinking it was pretty cool, but I don't remember much about it. To be honest, the only thing that sticks out out to me now when I think back about it is Selleck's mustache and a boat of some sort crashing in the water.
Backwards Masking 06:28 PM 06-05-2013
Unsolved Mysteries
It was good because the music was so eerie and it had a great host. problem was it anti climactic - hence the title. it was still damn good for show that never had a real ending.

and it did a lot of UFO stories. love me some UFO's, and i'm not even morman
Fairplay 06:31 PM 06-05-2013

Same thing with M*A*S*H.

Cheers was awful, I can't stomach watching a full episode either.
crazycoffey 06:33 PM 06-05-2013
Macgyver was pretty cool shit. Watched quite a bit of that. I remember there being a certain night of the week as a 7 or 8 year old where our family would watch Macgyver, Unsolved Mysteries and Rescue 911 all in the same evening. Then we'd watch the news and as soon as that was over, the M*A*S*H or Cheers theme song would come on and boom, it was time for bed.

I was able to catch a few episodes of Magnum PI as a kid. I remember thinking it was pretty cool, but I don't remember much about it. To be honest, the only thing that sticks out out to me now when I think back about it is Selleck's mustache and a boat of some sort crashing in the water.
MacGyver and Airwolf are now on Netflix.
cosmo20002 06:33 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I'm sure this has been asked by now...but will Hootie include himself on the. List? If so, where?
He seems too humble to do that.
Simply Red 06:33 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by Donger:
Cheers is rather good, albeit somewhat less snooty than Frasier. Kind of a White trash, working class version of Frasier.
Married with Children was the best from that period, in my opinion.
cosmo20002 06:34 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe:
that's not ironic at all
Its like rain on your wedding day
Saul Good 06:36 PM 06-05-2013
Where is the next roast? The people demand more fat jokes.

Frazod contracted a flesh eating bacteria, but it died of diabetes.

Being a fatass doesn't run in his family. It rides a rascal.
rico 06:36 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
MacGyver and Airwolf are now on Netflix.
Nice. I did not know that. I'll have to watch those in the near future. I've become such a tight ass with my money that Netflix is all I have for TV (with an exception of DVD's, VHS tapes and whatever my bunny ears pick up).
crazycoffey 06:37 PM 06-05-2013
he quit
Page 334 of 617
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335336337338344384434 > Last »
Up