ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 333 of 379
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337343 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:11 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No they aren't.

Because EVERYONE gets the same cap. Again - a skyrocketing cap will simply mean that Jones can get $30 million on the market instead of $20 million.

A premier DT is still going to get a massive chunk of the cap% and that's going to apply to any team that's looking to retain his services. Now it might ultimately make Clark's number a little more palatable, but recognize how few guys we have truly locked in for 2022.

Mahomes is going to sign a deal commensurate w/ whatever the new CBA allows and he'll be the top dog. Hill will have one more season w/ a cap figure of $20.5 million. Clark will be at $24.7 million.

That's it, fellas. That's all the cost certainty we have for those years. Literally every other new deal we have on the books then will be signed w/ an eye on the 'new world' cap figures. NFL agents aren't going to just say "oh sure, the cap took a 25% jump but we're still gonna ask for small raises over what guys got under the LAST CBA..."

The market will shift accordingly.

The new CBA won't save us because virtually every key player on this team will be singed to a deal that takes the new CBA into consideration and the market that the new CBA will create.
What you need is the separate cap for QB’s. If they do that, KC is in a great spot.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:15 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
What you need is the separate cap for QB’s. If they do that, KC is in a great spot.
Chiefs may go to like 6 or 7 Super Bowls this decade if that happens. No AFC QB is anywhere near Mahomes right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:18 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Jusczyk had 24 targets this season and 20 catches in 12 games. Right in line with his totals across his prior 2 seasons in San Francisco.

107 targets in 42 career games as a 49er. That's literally 2.5 targets a game.
Don't need to use him a lot to use him effectively, though.

I worry a bit about a play-fake where he looks to be helping on that edge and then releases about 8 yards downfield on 3rd and 5 for an easy pitch/catch on a boot from Grapes.

You do that on 3rd down from our 40 and you've effectively created a scoring opportunity with zero risk and a damn high likelihood of success.

Do it on 1st and goal from the 6 and you've created a TD.

He can make a substantial impact on 2-3 targets if he moves the chains a few times in the process.
[Reply]
All22 11:21 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Feel free to look up target numbers and compare the two teams.
That has nothing to do with whether or not we CAN exploit the same weakness in your D. All of our backs are in the Hybrid WR/RB mold, even our fullback. Shanahan specifically targets those types of players, hence drafting Deebo Samuel and Jalen Hurd, and using Ross Dwelley (a TE) at fullback. Coleman was used in exactly that hybrid role under Kyle in ATL.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:23 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Chiefs may go to like 6 or 7 Super Bowls this decade if that happens. No AFC QB is anywhere near Mahomes right now.
Agreed, just look at the AFC Pro Bowl QB's this year without Mahomes.

Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson and Ryan Tannehill.

One is a glorified RB, one is coached/GM'd by Bill O'Brien and the other is Ryan Tannehill (enough said).

The Chiefs' QB advantage in the AFC will be vastly superior to the rest of the conference for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:24 AM 01-31-2020

I worry a bit about a play-fake where he looks to be helping on that edge and then releases about 8 yards downfield on 3rd and 5 for an easy pitch/catch on a boot from Grapes.

You do that on 3rd down from our 40 and you've effectively created a scoring opportunity with zero risk and a damn high likelihood of success.

He can make a substantial impact on 2-3 targets if he moves the chains a few times in the process.
Yeah, no one is ignoring Jusczyk. The Chargers RBs are bigger receiving threats that get more targets. That doesn't make the Niners easier to defend though.
[Reply]
FAX 11:27 AM 01-31-2020

It's the one flaw I've seen in their run design, Mr. DJ's left nut. Please allow me to do you the honor of explaining what I've seen.

They do the same thing with their fullback, TE, and (upon occasion) motion receivers. Clearly, the idea is to chip and/or fake a block then get open as you have pointed out.

The answer is to attack and knock that faux blocker on his ass within 1 yard of the LOS. If it's a run, you've just taken away 2 gaps and cleared the way for the cavalry. If it's a pass, you've just taken away what may very well be their primary read.

FAX
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:28 AM 01-31-2020

Man, for the past few days i been watching you go all "objective" on us. Fuck that shit, man.

If there were ever a time to go full Homer it's now. Let the Homer shine, man. Release the beast.
[Reply]
All22 11:30 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Jusczyk had 24 targets this season and 20 catches in 12 games. Right in line with his totals across his prior 2 seasons in San Francisco.

107 targets in 42 career games as a 49er. That's literally 2.5 targets a game.
Kyle juszczyk is nearly as important to our offense as Kittle.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:30 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by All22:
That has nothing to do with whether or not we CAN exploit the same weakness in your D. All of our backs are in the Hybrid WR/RB mold, even our fullback. Shanahan specifically targets those types of players, hence drafting Deebo Samuel and Jalen Hurd, and using Ross Dwelley (a TE) at fullback. Coleman was used in exactly that hybrid role under Kyle in ATL.
Yep, the Niners could choose to attack by throwing a lot to RBs and their FB. It's a real possibility, but it's not something they've done a TON of this year. Certainly not as much as the Chargers have done, which was the whole point of my original post.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
It's the one flaw I've seen in their run design, Mr. DJ's left nut. Please allow me to do you the honor of explaining what I've seen.

They do the same thing with their fullback, TE, and (upon occasion) motion receivers. Clearly, the idea is to chip and/or fake a block then get open as you have pointed out.

The answer is to attack and knock that faux blocker on his ass within 1 yard of the LOS. If it's a run, you've just taken away 2 gaps and cleared the way for the cavalry. If it's a pass, you've just taken away what may very well be their primary read.

FAX
I was thinking the same thing w/r/t Kittle.

I know the idea is to present run, get a block then release into the pattern. But if the TE or RB initiates the contact, the defender (be it Suggs, Sorensen, Wilson - whoever) can essentially mug the guy and call it 'hand-fighting' because he's representing block.

Now that doesn't mean the fucking zebras won't throw the flag anyway - but they shouldn't. If a 9er TE or RB puts his hands on a defender, knowing full well that the idea is to get hands into the chest, that defender should keep his hands inside his pads and in the process lock onto that damn guys wrists and just yank his ass towards the pile. If it's a run, you've maintained the edge. If it's a pass, you've wrecked his route. By keeping your hands inside your pads, you're unlikely to get called for defensive holding.

Hand technique will be HUGE for both sides on those plays. Can the 49ers effectively sell a 'block' before going into the pattern and can the Chiefs lock them up long enough to blow those boots up.

Agree 100%, sir FAX.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:32 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Yep, the Niners could choose to attack by throwing a lot to RBs and their FB.
If this were Sutton's D i'd be concerned. But Spags has shown that he'll adjust and do what it takes to make sure the opposing offense doesn't beat you the way they WANT to beat you.

So not worried.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:33 AM 01-31-2020
For 49ers fans thinking they're being disrespected..this is what I've seen in this last few days of Superbowl picks, feel free to add if you know any more.

49ers
Rodney Harrison
Chris Simms
Derrick Henry
Christian McCaffrey
Von Miller
Booger

Chiefs
Mike Florio
Marcus Spears
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:34 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
For 49ers fans thinking they're being disrespected..this is what I've seen in this last few days of Superbowl picks, feel free to add if you know any more.

49ers
Rodney Harrison
Chris Simms
Derrick Henry
Christian McCaffrey
Von Miller
Booger

Chiefs
Mike Florio
Marcus Spears
Can add Skip and Shannon to the 49ers list. Max and Stephen A pick Chiefs
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:34 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Man, for the past few days i been watching you go all "objective" on us. Fuck that shit, man.

If there were ever a time to go full Homer it's now. Let the Homer shine, man. Release the beast.
It's the result of serenity. Having Mahomes has me so damn confident that we'll be here like 2/3 of the time until I'm in my 50s, that I can just kinda take these as they come right now.

So I've been able to look at a lot of this stuff almost dispassionately. It's made it even more satisfying to keep coming to the conclusion that we're gonna win this game.

Ain't gotta be a homer to think the Chiefs are a better team. Shit, I'm of the mind you can remove QBs from the equation altogether and the Chiefs are STILL arguably better.

But again - I'm just fairly chill about all of this at this point. There's some stuff the 9ers do really well. There's some stuff the Chiefs do really well. Lots of that shit's gonna cancel out and in the end execution will likely prevail.
[Reply]
Page 333 of 379
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337343 > Last »
Up