ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 333 of 1214
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337343383433833 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Nickhead 07:38 PM 10-21-2016
im am so glad the weather is turning to spring temps. am sick and tired of buying grocery store veggies. going to get our garden going again this year. you know store bought veggies are bad when they sit on the counter for two weeks and not even a fruit fly will bother with them.
[Reply]
RobBlake 07:39 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I like my sushi battered and fried. Served with chips. Check out this beautiful cod roll.

mmmm the great long john silvers
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:44 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I've got a few hotdog stands here that I love, but my favorite is George's on Damen.
Woofies is the best I've had outside Chicago, and my own kitchen.

But in Chicago, best I had I don't even know the name of. But it was within walking distance of the John Marshall Building at DePaul. I had one when I took the LSAT and went back a couple times through the years when I had CLEs and meetings there.
[Reply]
In58men 07:51 PM 10-21-2016
Put paprika in the fridge or it'll turn goldish
[Reply]
srvy 07:55 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Sorry, still not sold, the grocers have gnats and I end up bringing them home, I hate those things.
Probably fruit flies i got a bag potatoes at the grocery crawling with them before i noticed they were flying everywhere. i sprayed no avail finally went to Ace and was looking for some and the red vest rover asked if he could help. he recommended a product from Taro looks like an apple you open top pour in red liquid that smells like vinegar. I was skeptical because because i had tried the jar with holes in lid it got a few but not enough to make dent with what hatched. This guy said forget that stuff this company know what they do and guaranteed it. It worked by end of week those plastic apples bottoms were dark with fruit flies and problem was solved.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:00 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Sushi!

what do you guys like?

Cooked with a side of some Olive Garden bean pasta chili soup, because it was leftovers. That was dinner last night, didn't post a pic.
Attached: 000_0008.jpg (92.8 KB) 
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:00 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Woofies is the best I've had outside Chicago, and my own kitchen.

But in Chicago, best I had I don't even know the name of. But it was within walking distance of the John Marshall Building at DePaul. I had one when I took the LSAT and went back a couple times through the years when I had CLEs and meetings there.
I still can't reconcile the logistics, and I really had no idea til I got here, but if you find yourself at a legit hotdog stand in Chicago, get whatever fried shrimp option they have with your dog order. Even the late night hotdog stands.
[Reply]
srvy 08:06 PM 10-21-2016
I dont get the love for HB or Nathans sold at the grocer.
i have tried to like I just dont there is just that strange after taste that happened to all dogs in late 90s early 2000s. Oscar Mayer all beef was the greatest dog ever till 2000 then the meat got darker greaser and has that after taste. Fuck 5 bucks for 5 dogs that dont taste any better than Bar S. I can get a package of 10 turkey franks that are better than most dogs in store now.

From Aldi to boot.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:11 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
i have tried to like I just dont there is just that strange after taste that happened to all dogs in late 90s early 2000s. Oscar Mayer all beef was the greatest dog ever till 2000 then the meat got darker greaser and has that after taste. Fuck 5 bucks for 5 dogs that dont taste any better than Bar S. I can get a package of 10 turkey franks that are better than most dogs in store now.
This post should be informally sung in your most unnatural voice after every National Anthem. Kind of like "and many more on Channel 4" and "Frankenstein on Channel 9" after birthdays, or like "Home of the Chiefs".
[Reply]
srvy 08:15 PM 10-21-2016
One more thing and rants over but I've ate NYC cart dogs Nathans dogs in Jersy, Chicago and would rather eat a plain old dog over an open fire camping out anyday over that sloppy shit you wind up wearing.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:15 PM 10-21-2016
You owe it to yourself to go full chicago, or as full as you can assemble on the fly.

The pickle and tomato are least mandatory, IMO.

But if you can at least get together a poppy bun, plain yellow mustard, day glo relish [or at least sweet pickle relish], fresh diced white onion, sport peppers and celery salt, it's worth it.

If you find pickle slices, try to get the most garlic-ey kosher you can.
Unfortunately do not have all of those ingredients at my disposal, but I hear you loud and clear... a genuine Chicago style elevates the humble dog to mythical heights, but I want the full garden of tomato and pickle spear

There is a place in Springfield Il that I used to eat at several times a week, and they did them to the exact specifications... celery salt, bright green relish, sport peppers etc

They were a one stop shop for all kinds of food like that... authentic gyros, Chicago dogs, decent Italian beef, Phillies etc
[Reply]
Buzz 08:16 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
i have tried to like I just dont there is just that strange after taste that happened to all dogs in late 90s early 2000s. Oscar Mayer all beef was the greatest dog ever till 2000 then the meat got darker greaser and has that after taste. **** 5 bucks for 5 dogs that dont taste any better than Bar S. I can get a package of 10 turkey franks that are better than most dogs in store now.

From Aldi to boot.

Nothing wrong with Bar~s jumbo turkey dogs on sale for 99 cents. I have never seen them at Aldi? I don't buy much meat from Aldi.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:23 PM 10-21-2016
Nothing wrong with Bar~s jumbo turkey dogs on sale for 99 cents. I have never seen them at Aldi? I don't buy much meat from Aldi.
My Aldi carries Nathans

2.99 for 8 pack.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:26 PM 10-21-2016
My Aldi carries Nathans

2.99 for 8 pack.

Going to the store tomorrow, I'm gonna look.
[Reply]
srvy 08:32 PM 10-21-2016
Nah it was my fumble fingers the Aldi brand turkey franks in the white package health something or other. My sentence ran together as always lol. Bar S is finne the turkey and there jumbo beef dogs are ok. I love that Sams club dog they sell in the cafeteria but I dont need to buy a box of 80 in the store.
[Reply]
Page 333 of 1214
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337343383433833 > Last »
Up