ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 332 of 379
« First < 232282322328329330331332 333334335336342 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:00 AM 01-31-2020
For the record it's not like Sammy Watkins needs the money......he's 26 years old and he's at the end of his 6th season....

He has pocketed 53,935,603 that is a lot of money for a guy that's never really been a true 1.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:00 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Honest question-

Is it arguable if you look at the last 8 weeks or so of the season including playoffs that

Clark
Jones
Honey Badger

Will be the best 3 defensive players on the field Sunday?
It's arguable, but there's no one in the national media saying Jones + Clark are playing as well as anyone on the SF defensive line.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Where is this?
It was on their morning show, after he said that McFarland and McAfee got all offended like that mindset is wrong.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:02 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
It's arguable, but there's no one in the national media saying Jones + Clark are playing as well as anyone on the SF defensive line.
and they are.

I'd add Pennel and Suggs in there too and say that no front four has played better than them the last 8 games.

Maybe it's because we rotate so much?

But that's just depth, baby. It's a good thing.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:02 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Where is this?

[Reply]
DRM08 11:02 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
For the record it's not like Sammy Watkins needs the money......he's 26 years old and he's at the end of his 6th season....

He has pocketed 53,935,603 that is a lot of money for a guy that's never really been a true 1.
Better way to put it is that’s a ton of money for a guy who is injured all the time.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:02 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by All22:
Anyone who thinks that clearly doesn't watch games. Juice is basically a TE and will burn you deep (caught a 50 yarder against y'all last year). Coleman was a receiving back in ATL but we haven't used him much in that role this year although we all thought that was why we signed him.
Feel free to look up target numbers and compare the two teams.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM 01-31-2020
The only way the owners get more games is to give the players more % in the split that will sky rocket the cap, and if they do that QB cap then all problems solved.
No they aren't.

Because EVERYONE gets the same cap. Again - a skyrocketing cap will simply mean that Jones can get $30 million on the market instead of $20 million.

A premier DT is still going to get a massive chunk of the cap% and that's going to apply to any team that's looking to retain his services. Now it might ultimately make Clark's number a little more palatable, but recognize how few guys we have truly locked in for 2022.

Mahomes is going to sign a deal commensurate w/ whatever the new CBA allows and he'll be the top dog. Hill will have one more season w/ a cap figure of $20.5 million. Clark will be at $24.7 million.

That's it, fellas. That's all the cost certainty we have for those years. Literally every other new deal we have on the books then will be signed w/ an eye on the 'new world' cap figures. NFL agents aren't going to just say "oh sure, the cap took a 25% jump but we're still gonna ask for small raises over what guys got under the LAST CBA..."

The market will shift accordingly.

The new CBA won't save us because virtually every key player on this team will be singed to a deal that takes the new CBA into consideration and the market that the new CBA will create.
[Reply]
All22 11:05 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But in 2021 you're out of runway I think, even w/ a new CBA (unless the purported 'QB cap' helps us out).

The NFL isn't designed to let you pay at the top of the market for guys at 6 different positions. We'd have a high end QB, WR, TE, DE, DT and S at that point, not to mention LT and RT that are near the high end of their respective positions.

Ultimately the league simply doesn't want teams doing that. They look to reallocate talent as best they can and when you see how many teams out there have comical cap flexibility over the next 2-3 seasons, it's just a nightmare.

At some point something is going to have to give. And frankly it will probably be multiple somethings.

I get that there will be a lot of teams with space that SUCK and it's hard to talk yourself into playing for them. But we're not talking about good players who have a choice to take a little less to play for KC. We're talking about guys who very clearly deserve to be among the highest paid guys in the league at their respective positions. In a game where you really only get one massive contract most of the time and maybe 4-5 years of peak earning potential.

At some point even a 'discount' yields more than we can reasonably afford.
The Seahawks have ungodly amounts of cap room. That's scary
[Reply]
Mecca 11:05 AM 01-31-2020
That's a solid point, I mean if we do lose Jones I'm confident it will be a franchise and trade and not just him walking away though.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:06 AM 01-31-2020
The Seahawks have ungodly amounts of cap room. That's scary
They're a 1 man team why is this surprising?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:06 AM 01-31-2020
Starts at the 5 minute mark
[Reply]
FAX 11:07 AM 01-31-2020
Sammy is far more important to this offense than many (most?) Planeteers would apparently like to admit.

Although he may not make a lot of "splash" plays, people seem to forget that splash plays are often created due to an accumulation of sprinkles elsewhere on the field.

Sammy Sprinkles has value.

As for Mahomes' deal, it seems to me that Clark's comments were transparent. Veach said from day 1 that they had a long term plan to handle Mahomes' contract and it wasn't going to be a surprise. Clark's 12-15 month timeline is telling. He's on the finance committee and I believe he's forecasting that the CBA negotiations are going to have a significant effect on Mahomes' contract and related timing.

I also believe that Mahomes will not try to break the bank on the Chiefs. Based on everything he's ever said (publicly), I get the strong impression that he would rather win for 10mm less than lose for 10mm more.

FAX
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:09 AM 01-31-2020

Agreed.

If he won't take a pay cut he needs to be let go. He's simply not worth the money he is being paid.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:10 AM 01-31-2020
Anyone who thinks that clearly doesn't watch games. Juice is basically a TE and will burn you deep (caught a 50 yarder against y'all last year). Coleman was a receiving back in ATL but we haven't used him much in that role this year although we all thought that was why we signed him.
Jusczyk had 24 targets this season and 20 catches in 12 games. Right in line with his totals across his prior 2 seasons in San Francisco.

107 targets in 42 career games as a 49er. That's literally 2.5 targets a game.
[Reply]
Page 332 of 379
« First < 232282322328329330331332 333334335336342 > Last »
Up