ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3318 of 4906
« First < 2318281832183268330833143315331633173318 331933203321332233283368341838184318 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:03 AM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I said before the season started that Houston and Seattle were going to be our preseason this year.

We absolutely should win. If they do, will you finally give them props?
That’s one of the more idiotic things you have ever said.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:07 AM 09-24-2022
The AFCW is arguably the toughest division in football, too to bottom. Denver expects to keep pace with the Chiefs and Chargers. The margin for error, if you want to win the West, is razor thin.

In that context, how inept do you have to be to treat two regular season games as warmups?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:09 AM 09-24-2022
Furthermore, why is it only two games? SF is a non-conference opponent. Who’s to say it’s not still preseason for the Broncos?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:13 AM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The AFCW is arguably the toughest division in football, too to bottom. Denver expects to keep pace with the Chiefs and Chargers. The margin for error, if you want to win the West, is razor thin.

In that context, how inept do you have to be to treat two regular season games as warmups?
The team was trying to be as healthy as possible heading into the season. I felt it would take a couple games before we started getting into a rhythm. The hiccups you guys witnessed to start the season will not continue.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:18 AM 09-24-2022
The Broncos sacrificed early season efficiency for, hopefully, a healthier team at the end of the season. They wanted to be hitting their stride in January and February, not September.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:18 AM 09-24-2022
I said before the season started that Houston and Seattle were going to be our preseason this year.

We absolutely should win. If they do, will you finally give them props?
Per Pickwatch, 73% of experts are picking SF.

You: "We absolutely should win."

Sure, I'll give them some credit if they win and look good doing it. Not if they win 12-10 because Jimmy G fumbles six times.

But homers who predict a win every week don't deserve credit. Obviously you're going to be right now and then.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:19 AM 09-24-2022
Oh, but they will.

I get why you want to convince yourself they won’t, but they will.

The problems with penalties and lack of preparedness and general weird decisions making all are traits of inexperienced HC and coaching staff.

You all hired a noob and he’s coaching like it.

On top of that, the QB you traded everything for has clearly lost a step and isn’t as elusive as he used to be, which was a key way he made up for being a midget QB.

Oh, and those “great” highly drafted receivers haven’t blossomed with a real QB, either, because they are, in actuality, oft-injured busts.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:22 AM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

If it's ineptitude you're looking for, Curly's your man.

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:24 AM 09-24-2022
The team was trying to be as healthy as possible heading into the season. I felt it would take a couple games before we started getting into a rhythm. The hiccups you guys witnessed to start the season will not continue.
I'd love to see the posts in which you predicted they'd struggle with the Seahawks and Texans.

Even the more rational Denver fans expected to win both with ease.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:31 AM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'd love to see the posts in which you predicted they'd struggle with the Seahawks and Texans.

Even the more rational Denver fans expected to win both with ease.
I expected them to win both games, and they would've easily beaten Seattle if it wasn't for a handful of extremely unlucky plays.
[Reply]
TEX 09:40 AM 09-24-2022
The Broncos sacrificed early season efficiency for, hopefully, a healthier team at the end of the season. They wanted to be hitting their stride in January and February, not September.
Makes zero sense because their season will be over in October, as usual. :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:18 AM 09-24-2022
I expected them to win both games, and they would've easily beaten Seattle if it wasn't for a handful of extremely unlucky plays.
When Seattle gets stopped on the 10 yard line...it's obviously because of Denver's immense talent. When Seattle stops the Donks on 4th down...it's just being unlucky. FTR...the one goal-line fumble was inconsequential...it was 4th down and he didn't make it.

When Seattle drops 2 gimme INTs...it's because Denver is so super-duper awesome that they deserve to be dropped. No luck involved...

When Gregory forces a fumble...it's pure skill. When Seattle gets a scoring drive killing holding call deep inside Denver's territory...it's a fantastic job by the refs. (It's was bogus)

Pretty easy to rationalize every game when you view your team as the only ones who are "unlucky"....and the other is incapable of making great plays.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:45 AM 09-24-2022
So let’s make the bet Pawnmower offered Heffer. 9ers win, I write a song and you rap it. If Dungver wins I’ll make a pro Denver song and Pawn has to rap it. No money involved.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:58 AM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
When Seattle gets stopped on the 10 yard line...it's obviously because of Denver's immense talent. When Seattle stops the Donks on 4th down...it's just being unlucky. FTR...the one goal-line fumble was inconsequential...it was 4th down and he didn't make it.

When Seattle drops 2 gimme INTs...it's because Denver is so super-duper awesome that they deserve to be dropped. No luck involved...

When Gregory forces a fumble...it's pure skill. When Seattle gets a scoring drive killing holding call deep inside Denver's territory...it's a fantastic job by the refs. (It's was bogus)

Pretty easy to rationalize every game when you view your team as the only ones who are "unlucky"....and the other is incapable of making great plays.
The delusions are strong.

"If we remove all our mistakes and bad luck, but they keep theirs, we win!"

Imagine actually thinking this is a legit argument. The loser of almost any NFL game can say that. Take away Seattle's errors and bad luck, and they probably win by 20+ points.

And against Houston, they were probably the luckier team. 4 first downs from penalties and numerous bail-out calls, and they still couldn't put good drives together. It just looked like two bad teams struggling.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:38 AM 09-24-2022
Seattle was a cunt hair from 31 points on that garbage Denver defense
[Reply]
Page 3318 of 4906
« First < 2318281832183268330833143315331633173318 331933203321332233283368341838184318 > Last »
Up