ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 331 of 379
« First < 231281321327328329330331 332333334335341 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 AM 01-31-2020
A new CBA could save us and allow us to keep all these guys.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:47 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
The Bears game should scare the 49ers. The Bears D is close to being as good as the Niners, they were at home, and their D played really well, I thought. Chiefs receivers were NOT running wide open for the most part, and they were getting some pressure on Mahomes. None of it mattered though. Mahomes simply made plays.
Bears have a better secondary than the 69er's too.

Guys will be open all day on Sunday!
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:47 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm almost certain the 'right' decision to make is to walk away from CJ.

But man, I'm gonna be bummed the fuck out if we lose this guy.

Watching him develop as a player and also learn to channel all that enthusiasm has really been a joy as a fan. Him and Kelce have matured before our eyes and I'd be awfully disappointed if he wasn't a guy we talk about 15 years from now as one of our all-timers because we couldn't afford him.

PM's deal will make for some tough decisions and the rational side of me says that we can absorb Jones loss...but the fan in me really likes this kid and would miss the hell out of seeing him in red on Sundays.
I wonder if they’re looking at just dumping Watkins this year, giving Jones a new deal and then waiting on the CBA for Pat’s new deal. That puts you one year down the road where you can dump some other salary when Pat’s new deal actually has that large hit.

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part. This defense is just at another level when Jones is playing.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:49 AM 01-31-2020
Honest question-

Is it arguable if you look at the last 8 weeks or so of the season including playoffs that

Clark
Jones
Honey Badger

Will be the best 3 defensive players on the field Sunday?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:49 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Jones has a huge dong.
FYP
[Reply]
Mecca 10:50 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I wonder if they’re looking at just dumping Watkins this year, giving Jones a new deal and then waiting on the CBA for Pat’s new deal. That puts you one year down the road where you can dump some other salary when Pat’s new deal actually has that large hit.

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part. This defense is just at another level when Jones is playing.
I think that is the plan honestly, there is no other reason for Clark to be saying things like "there is a right time for both parties on Pats deal" other than they know they can wait out this CBA thing is probably keep more of the team together.

Watkins is either being cut or singing a new deal that lowers his cap number to what his dead money number would be, no way around that.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:52 AM 01-31-2020

"We're pissed off and composed. That's a Tyrann Mathieu quote. Pissed off and composed. That's how this defense is. We're pissed off but we're so composed, doing our job at the highest level. But we're so damn pissed off."

- @stonecoldjones_ to @FanSided on the Chiefs' defense

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) January 31, 2020

[Reply]
anaheimkcfan 10:53 AM 01-31-2020
I still remember a quote from Reid mentioning that pressure up the middle is one of the most efficient ways to get to the QB.

I like buckner, but against a QB with awareness and shiftiness like Mahomes, he wont be nearly as effective as Jones against a dude like jimmy
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:53 AM 01-31-2020
Schefter just said the Chiefs confidence is at a all time high. He said he’s never seen a team with this much confidence headed into the super bowl. He said everyone in that locker room expects to win the win the game Sunday and take the trophy back to Arrowhead.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

But in 2021 you're out of runway I think, even w/ a new CBA (unless the purported 'QB cap' helps us out).

The NFL isn't designed to let you pay at the top of the market for guys at 6 different positions. We'd have a high end QB, WR, TE, DE, DT and S at that point, not to mention LT and RT that are near the high end of their respective positions.

Ultimately the league simply doesn't want teams doing that. They look to reallocate talent as best they can and when you see how many teams out there have comical cap flexibility over the next 2-3 seasons, it's just a nightmare.

At some point something is going to have to give. And frankly it will probably be multiple somethings.

I get that there will be a lot of teams with space that SUCK and it's hard to talk yourself into playing for them. But we're not talking about good players who have a choice to take a little less to play for KC. We're talking about guys who very clearly deserve to be among the highest paid guys in the league at their respective positions. In a game where you really only get one massive contract most of the time and maybe 4-5 years of peak earning potential.

At some point even a 'discount' yields more than we can reasonably afford.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:56 AM 01-31-2020
The only way the owners get more games is to give the players more % in the split that will sky rocket the cap, and if they do that QB cap then all problems solved.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:56 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think that is the plan honestly, there is no other reason for Clark to be saying things like "there is a right time for both parties on Pats deal" other than they know they can wait out this CBA thing is probably keep more of the team together.

Watkins is either being cut or singing a new deal that lowers his cap number to what his dead money number would be, no way around that.
Maybe they get the ultimate bailout in this new CBA. Separate salary cap for quarterbacks. Then they can keep Sammy and Jones. Sammy will need to take a paycut regardless. His production does not justify $15-20M in salary.
[Reply]
All22 10:57 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
The Niners don't treat their RBs like receivers quite like the Chargers do. There might be 3 or 4 targets to SF running backs, but I don't anticipate more than that. Their FB will get a target or two as well.
Anyone who thinks that clearly doesn't watch games. Juice is basically a TE and will burn you deep (caught a 50 yarder against y'all last year). Coleman was a receiving back in ATL but we haven't used him much in that role this year although we all thought that was why we signed him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:58 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Schefter just said the Chiefs confidence is at a all time high. He said he’s never seen a team with this much confidence headed into the super bowl. He said everyone in that locker room expects to win the win the game Sunday and take the trophy back to Arrowhead.
Where is this?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:58 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But in 2021 you're out of runway I think, even w/ a new CBA (unless the purported 'QB cap' helps us out).

The NFL isn't designed to let you pay at the top of the market for guys at 6 different positions. We'd have a high end QB, WR, TE, DE, DT and S at that point, not to mention LT and RT that are near the high end of their respective positions.

Ultimately the league simply doesn't want teams doing that. They look to reallocate talent as best they can and when you see how many teams out there have comical cap flexibility over the next 2-3 seasons, it's just a nightmare.

At some point something is going to have to give. And frankly it will probably be multiple somethings.

I get that there will be a lot of teams with space that SUCK and it's hard to talk yourself into playing for them. But we're not talking about good players who have a choice to take a little less to play for KC. We're talking about guys who very clearly deserve to be among the highest paid guys in the league at their respective positions. In a game where you really only get one massive contract most of the time and maybe 4-5 years of peak earning potential.

At some point even a 'discount' yields more than we can reasonably afford.
well, there are always extensions, converting cap numbers into 'signing bonuses', etc.

Plus guys like Kelce, Fisher, etc. are on the wrong side of 30; they're likely to do team friendly deals at that point.

It's possible.
[Reply]
Page 331 of 379
« First < 231281321327328329330331 332333334335341 > Last »
Up