ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 331 of 383
« First < 231281321327328329330331 332333334335341381 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TimBone 07:45 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Hey Timbone! How you been?
Good, man. Just busy with life the last year or so.

Hope you're doing alright, bud.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:01 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I didn't read the fine print, and didn't realize I had to be in a vehicle at the time of pickup, lol. We were going to just fly out/fly back after a day or two.

ROAD TRIP!!
Not to pile on as we start budgeting for November the following December here, but depending on when you come in, the best kept Chicago BA secret, imo, is the Cruz Blanca Luchador series which was just announced with pickups starting 11/20. Looks to be an Oznr release.

Its a brewpub conceptualized by Rick Bayless so their tacos are among the best in the city which often overshadows how fantastic the brewery side is.

The entire Luchador Barrel-Aged Series officially releases Saturday, November 20th. Pre-order your bottles for pickup or join us for a Luchador series tasting and grab your bottles afterwards.

PRE-SALE
Starting Wednesday, Nov 3rd at Noon, all bottles will be available for pre-order pickup on our release day, Nov 20th. Bottles will be sold via OZNR app. Bottle limits per person vary by Luchador. Pre-orders close at 11PM Nov 16th and pick up times will be chosen on Wednesday, Nov 17th.

Barbarosa | Imperial black and red raspberry ale aged in Heaven Hill bourbon and Cabernet red wine barrels | 11% ABV

Emerging from the fog is Barbarosa, a black and red raspberry ale that’s been forged by the darkness of Heaven Hill bourbon and Cabernet red wine barrels. A fighter who makes elusive appearances due to the scarcity of its ingredients. Get your hands on this one before it vanishes.

Escorpión | Imperial prickly pear and dragon fruit ale aged in Cabernet red wine and Barbados rum barrels | 11.5% ABV

Escorpión is a well-traveled Luchador. Showcasing prickly pear from the northern dessert of Mexico and Dragon Fruit from the southern tropical region. Crimson in color, aged in Cabernet red wine, and Barbados rum barrels. A fighter with plenty of sting but blooming with sweet fruit flavors.

Maravilla | Imperial blonde ale aged in Barbados rum and Woody Creek rye whiskey barrels with Mexican vanilla | 12.5% ABV

Our million-dollar fighter! Maravilla is draped in extravagance, luxury, and abundance. An imperial blonde aged in a blend of Barbados Rum + Rye Whiskey barrels with the star-studded addition of Mexican, Papa New Guinea, Tahitian, and Madagascar vanilla. This corner of the ring has spared no expense for its 2021 Luchador debut.

Carmelita Suave | Imperial stout aged in Barbados rum barrels with Metric coffee and dulce de leche | 12.5% ABV

A new player enters the ring this year. Fans find Carmelita Suave’s sleek image appealing. From the looks of her, you’d never know she’s an imperial stout that came up through the underground barrel rings of Barbados rum. Don’t let her charming single-origin Veracruz coffee and silky dulce de leche fool you – she packs some heat and strikes quick.

Coco Fantasma | Imperial blonde ale aged in Barbados rum and Woody Creek rye whiskey barrels with chocolate, coconut, and almond | 12.5% ABV

After training in Barbados rum + Woody Creek rye whisky barrels, Coco Fantasma was blended into a silky smooth, barrel-forward canvas. From there she earned her nickname “Coco” with the standout addition of Mexican cocoa nibs, softly toasted coconut, and slowly roasted almonds – her superstrength is that these ingredients amplify her complex barrel beauty. Coco Fantasma is a hauntingly harmonious combination of wrath and indulgence.

Señor Bandito | Imperial stout aged in Woody Creek rye whiskey barrels with cherries and cinnamon | 13.0% ABV

Señor Bandito runs the spicy, rye whiskey crime family. This Luchador gets its fiery heat from aging in rye whisky barrels, while a blend of Mexican cinnamon, black, Morello, and Luxardo cherries, and an undisclosed amount of secret spices seals the deal.

Rey Gordo | Imperial stout aged in Heaven Hill bourbon barrels | 13.5% ABV

All Hail the King! Rey Gordo is the icon of consistency. He is timeless. He is classic. This distinguished, larger-than-life barrel-aged stout is aged 10 months and has a smoky, leathery, dense, and mysteriously dark persona, that is loved by barrel-aged beer drinkers.

Rey Cuvée | 2018 + 2019 + 2020 Rey Gordo blended and double barrel-aged in Woodford Reserve barrels | 13.0% ABV

Rey Cuvée is the super heavyweight champion of the Luchador lineup. A blend of 2018, 2019 + 2020 vintages of Rey Gordo are double barreled for 10 months to make a burly, husky, brawling barrel-aged stout that is bigger than the sum of its parts. Rich with leather, licorice, tobacco, and dark fruit. This is a stout for the most avid of barrel aged stout connoisseurs.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:09 PM 10-29-2021
When your kid is a shithead and you're ready to kick him out of the house.

[Reply]
KCUnited 01:04 PM 10-30-2021
Maplewood BA Cuppa variants announced. Non-BA Neapolitan was one of the best non-BA stouts I've had this year.

Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Almond - Blended from Cuppa aged in Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Four Roses, Wild Turkey, and Maplewood Whiskey barrels for 12 to 18 months. Conditioned on roasted almonds, cacao nibs, vanilla beans, a touch of sea salt, and coffee hand selected from our neighbors, Hexe Coffee. 13% ABV.

Neapolitan - Blended from Cuppa aged in Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Four Roses, Wild Turkey, and Maplewood Whiskey barrels for 12 to 18 months. Conditioned on cacao nibs, vanilla beans, freeze dried strawberries, and a light dose of coffee hand selected from our neighbors, Hexe Coffee. 13% ABV.

Cinnamon Dusted S'mores - Blended from Cuppa aged in Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Four Roses, Wild Turkey, and Maplewood Whiskey barrels for 12 to 18 months. Conditioned on marshmallow, graham, cacao nibs, cinnamon, vanilla beans, and coffee hand selected from our neighbors, Hexe Coffee. 13% ABV.

Official lottery rules, instructions, dates, and additional information will be announced Monday morning.
[Reply]
phisherman 02:37 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Maplewood BA Cuppa variants announced. Non-BA Neapolitan was one of the best non-BA stouts I've had this year.

Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Almond - Blended from Cuppa aged in Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Four Roses, Wild Turkey, and Maplewood Whiskey barrels for 12 to 18 months. Conditioned on roasted almonds, cacao nibs, vanilla beans, a touch of sea salt, and coffee hand selected from our neighbors, Hexe Coffee. 13% ABV.

Neapolitan - Blended from Cuppa aged in Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Four Roses, Wild Turkey, and Maplewood Whiskey barrels for 12 to 18 months. Conditioned on cacao nibs, vanilla beans, freeze dried strawberries, and a light dose of coffee hand selected from our neighbors, Hexe Coffee. 13% ABV.

Cinnamon Dusted S'mores - Blended from Cuppa aged in Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Four Roses, Wild Turkey, and Maplewood Whiskey barrels for 12 to 18 months. Conditioned on marshmallow, graham, cacao nibs, cinnamon, vanilla beans, and coffee hand selected from our neighbors, Hexe Coffee. 13% ABV.

Official lottery rules, instructions, dates, and additional information will be announced Monday morning.
Proxies?
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:56 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Proxies?
Looks like we'll find out on Monday.

First year was a shit show line.

Last year was an Oznr lottery with pickup only but can't recall if proxies were allowed. I wasn't selected last year but they were pretty easy to trade for.
[Reply]
phisherman 03:10 PM 10-30-2021
Man, Chicago has an embarrassment of riches during stout season.

ISO: Chicago BA stout nectar
FT: Side Project wax top stouts/barleywines
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:50 PM 10-30-2021
Man, Chicago has an embarrassment of riches during stout season.

ISO: Chicago BA stout nectar
FT: Side Project wax top stouts/barleywines
Bro its ridiculous. I've decided to go big this year since it could be my last season here, so I'll be stocked with plenty of nectar.

I'm still baking in time and budget for hopefully a potential road trip to STL next month.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:02 PM 10-30-2021
Bro its ridiculous. I've decided to go big this year since it could be my last season here, so I'll be stocked with plenty of nectar.

I'm still baking in time and budget for hopefully a potential road trip to STL next month.
Having a Phoenix guy with some real beer credit is putting a wrinkle in my shorts!
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:08 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Having a Phoenix guy with some real beer credit is putting a wrinkle in my shorts!
Wife will likely be traveling back and forth to her office here with decent regularity so we'll have a mule in pocket as well!
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:27 PM 10-30-2021
King Sized Candy Bar Stout was released today at Fate in Scottsdale... one of the great deals in stouts at $9/pint, and for the past couple of years they've had it tapped well into December.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:27 PM 10-30-2021
Apparently the murder hornets wanted out. Noticed the can wasn't looking great earlier and it was a challenging pour to say the least. :-)

Tasty, a lot of blueberry.

[Reply]
Bearcat 03:59 PM 10-31-2021
I brought at least a couple of 4 packs when I moved here, which would make this last one almost 5 years old. Didn't really mean to age it that long, just been sitting around a while.

It's not as good, much more spice and the pumpkin has faded, but still pretty tasty.

[Reply]
KCUnited 01:06 PM 11-01-2021

Proxies?
Its an Oznr draw, proxies allowed.

I'll proxy for one can of my choosing + shipping label or IP @ SP on 11/27 :-)
[Reply]
phisherman 01:42 PM 11-01-2021
Its an Oznr draw, proxies allowed.

I'll proxy for one can of my choosing + shipping label or IP @ SP on 11/27 :-)
Sounds like a BBT package is heading to Chicago?
[Reply]
Page 331 of 383
« First < 231281321327328329330331 332333334335341381 > Last »
Up