ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 331 of 386
« First < 231281321327328329330331 332333334335341381 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:21 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Notice the scrolls to his right? He had multiple letters ready to go. I wonder how many were delivered before that?
[Reply]
NewChief 08:24 AM 05-14-2019
I have zero problem with the actual plot and character decision making up to this point. The problem is that they're just making these characters change far too quickly, specifically Dany.

But where we're ending up rings true to the tone and theme of the books for me.
[Reply]
Iconic 08:29 AM 05-14-2019
Episode was ****ing trash. Probably the first episode I actually felt like fast forwarding through. So much filler shit of retarded people dying and burning. Yeah I get it, the bitch has gone psycho and is burning people up, can we move on? And if you're going to really show that stuff at least do it in a way in which people might give a ****.

The cherry on top was Arya waking up to the autistic horse. The **** was that lmao? It literally looked like some ironic SNL skit at the end.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:32 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
163 masters isn't a mass killing to you?

Seems to me her last rampage was in proportion to her rage. The other events weren't personal. She heaps collective punishment in proportion to what it has to do with her own personal losses.

Your sarcasm meter appears to be broken.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 08:34 AM 05-14-2019
Lol
Attached: E52F8CA4-D2FA-40DD-94AA-4B8AA47720F3.jpg (69.0 KB) 
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:35 AM 05-14-2019
Has anyone wondered if the dragon melted the Iron Throne?

We never see inside the Throne Room in Episode 5.

I wouldn't be surprised.
[Reply]
Iconic 08:36 AM 05-14-2019
I can't believe we are in the final season and I never got to see Jon 1v1 anyone important.

What the fuck is this shit. FUCK D&D
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:38 AM 05-14-2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:38 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by otherstar:
Exactly, though I've read several books that got made into movies later. Case in point is The Lord of the Rings. I read the books several times LONG before the movies came out. The movies are good on their own, and capture the spirit of the story in the books, BUT are quite different than the books on many points.

It's just hard to capture a story from a book and turn it into a move. There have been very few exceptions to this and the only ones that pop into my head right now have been some of the adaptations of John Grisham's noves.
The Tolkein books were adapted incredibly well by Peter Jackson.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:40 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

The cherry on top was Arya waking up to the autistic horse. The **** was that lmao? It literally looked like some ironic SNL skit at the end.
It crosses mythologies, but I took it as a reference to death arriving on a white horse. She is now death.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Lol
Baaahaahahaha!

No idea why I think that's so funny, but I'll be damned if it isn't...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:54 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
On the road to Meereen in season 4, Dany finds 163 slave children crucified. She decides to crucify 163 masters in retaliation without regard for their individual guilt or innocence.

Also in season 4, after Ser Barristan was killed by the terror group Sons of the Harpy. In response, Dany brings three masters to her dragonpit. All swear they have nothing to do with the rogue group. She burns one of them alive to send a message to the others. Was the man guilty? Innocent? We don’t know and Dany didn’t seem to mind not knowing.

In season 6, Dany returns to Meereen and finds the city under attack from the slave cities. This is her first instinct: “I will crucify the masters. I will set their fleets afire. I will kill every last one of their soldiers and return their cities to the dirt. That’s my plan.” Tyrion talks her out of it.

She has pretty consistently shown that when she is angered she can rather quickly leap to “kill them all” as the best solution regardless of whether it’s entirely justified or not.
Then she burned the tarleys because they wouldn't bend the knee. Burned the khals and encourages the dothraki to brutally go after cities in her name. Her ace has always been to burn cities to the ground. If not for her advisors she would have done it already.

She's a Walter white character. A character so well liked that people ignore when they do terrible things.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:55 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I can't believe we are in the final season and I never got to see Jon 1v1 anyone important.

What the fuck is this shit. FUCK D&D
What? He went 1 on 1 with Daenerys.
[Reply]
Iconic 08:58 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
It crosses mythologies, but I took it as a reference to death arriving on a white horse. She is now death.
Yeah that's my problem. Basically breaking the 4th wall and disregarding Westerosi folklore and religions and substituting it for christian symbols.

Just dumb, all of it. Can't fucking believe Arya has done more in the last season of this show than Jon. Dudes been relegated into a parrot at this point that shouts 'YOU'RE MY QUEEN'!!!11
[Reply]
Iconic 09:04 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What? He went 1 on 1 with Daenerys.
:-)
Don't even think that happened. Each time she tried he went full NOPE mode because of the aunt shit
[Reply]
Page 331 of 386
« First < 231281321327328329330331 332333334335341381 > Last »
Up