ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 330 of 379
« First < 230280320326327328329330 331332333334340 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Love Daly and what he brings. Hope KC can hang on to him long enough to replace Spagnuolo (who I expect will have the opportunity for a new HC job after 2021).
I know Fangio got one, but I just don't see Spags getting another shot at it. He's just had too many flame-outs as a HC and the league is trending too heavily towards offense and younger HCs. Moreover, I think you're going to see an even stronger behind the scenes push for minority candidates. I suspect the league will be leaning on these owners behind closed doors.

My hope would be that we win a couple of championships and if he still isn't getting HC looks he gets bumped up into the 'Childress' role where he's an advisor and assistant HC or something.

But it's gonna be damn near impossible to hold this staff together for more than 1 more season. Guys like Merritt and House will be extremely popular DC candidates. Obviously Daly will be. There are only so many chairs big enough for 'em.

If the Chiefs defense has any sort of showing at all in this SB and manages to be average or better next season, we'll probably end up getting picked clean. I could see 2/3 of that staff getting snapped up. We knew when we got both House and Daly that they were steals and probably overqualified to be mere position coaches. These were always stepping stone gigs.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:21 AM 01-31-2020
Listening the AP Laboratory Pod — defensive film analyst Craig Stout says that Suggs really dominated Kittle against the run in his games as a Cardinal. I don’t think that’s terribly surprising but it is significant because that could mean both edges are closed off throughout the football game.
[Reply]
FAX 10:26 AM 01-31-2020
Yeah ... I keep forgetting about Suggs. I don't know why ...

He's a damn monster, though. And wise. Odd combination when you think about it ... kinda like Smart Hulk.

If it works out that we see a lot of Kittle vs. Sizzle matchups, I like our chances. Love them, actually.

FAX
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:26 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I know Fangio got one, but I just don't see Spags getting another shot at it. He's just had too many flame-outs as a HC and the league is trending too heavily towards offense and younger HCs. Moreover, I think you're going to see an even stronger behind the scenes push for minority candidates. I suspect the league will be leaning on these owners behind closed doors.

My hope would be that we win a couple of championships and if he still isn't getting HC looks he gets bumped up into the 'Childress' role where he's an advisor and assistant HC or something.

But it's gonna be damn near impossible to hold this staff together for more than 1 more season. Guys like Merritt and House will be extremely popular DC candidates. Obviously Daly will be. There are only so many chairs big enough for 'em.

If the Chiefs defense has any sort of showing at all in this SB and manages to be average or better next season, we'll probably end up getting picked clean. I could see 2/3 of that staff getting snapped up. We knew when we got both House and Daly that they were steals and probably overqualified to be mere position coaches. These were always stepping stone gigs.
He's had one REAL shot at it - the Rams. I don't really count the interim HC of Giants tenure against him.

I'm just thinking the DC of back-to-back SB champs would get some looks... :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 10:26 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
A lot of his damage was done as a receiver. The defense has made major adjustments since then and no longer tries to cover their RBs out wide with a LB.
Chargers had 2 RB’s combine for about 120 yards receiving in Week 17.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:28 AM 01-31-2020
Listening the AP Laboratory Pod — defensive film analyst Craig Stout says that Suggs really dominated Kittle against the run in his games as a Cardinal. I don’t think that’s terribly surprising but it is significant because that could mean both edges are closed off throughout the football game.
Suggs is a great fit to attack this Niners running game, because he will be disciplined and smart. He might not make any physical freak of nature plays, but I don't think he needs to. He's going to be a coach on the field for this defense and help ensure they stay assignment sound on the line.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:29 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
Yeah ... I keep forgetting about Suggs. I don't know why ...

He's a damn monster, though. And wise. Odd combination when you think about it ... kinda like Smart Hulk.

If it works out that we see a lot of Kittle vs. Sizzle matchups, I like our chances. Love them, actually.

FAX
He seems tailor made for the type of matchups we've had in the playoffs.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:32 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The Niners don't treat their RBs like receivers quite like the Chargers do. There might be 3 or 4 targets to SF running backs, but I don't anticipate more than that. Their FB will get a target or two as well.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:34 AM 01-31-2020
Yep and most of those yards were when they were down big. I do not see the SF backs as being the lethal receivers that SD has nor Jimmy being able to drop back on 60% of the plays and be effective but who knows.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:36 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

We hit the jackpot on getting Daly and house. And... Knock on wood... I think we're safe next year too. They wouldn't go anywhere unless it's a promotion to DC and I don't think there's any available? Think the browns are the last to strike and they're waiting on Joe woods from the niners.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:37 AM 01-31-2020
What a quote from Jones about the defense: https://twitter.com/mattverderame/st...518820864?s=21

“pissed off and composed”

Says it came from Mathieu.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:38 AM 01-31-2020
Field was trash. Defenders were slipping and sliding every time the RBs would break. Unfortunately I think it contributed to Thornhill getting injured.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
We hit the jackpot on getting Daly and house. And... Knock on wood... I think we're safe next year too. They wouldn't go anywhere unless it's a promotion to DC and I don't think there's any available? Think the browns are the last to strike and they're waiting on Joe woods from the niners.
Agreed - I'd be surprised if we don't return all of them next year unless maybe Merritt decides to jump at a college DC job.

But Daly isn't stepping down from an NFL post and House has already walked away from college DC jobs because he's trying to build an NFL resume for a coordinator gig.

The hiring cycle is largely finished and unless the chiefs DL absolutely dominates this game, I can't imagine the Browns are going to alter course.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:42 AM 01-31-2020
What a quote from Jones about the defense: https://twitter.com/mattverderame/st...518820864?s=21

“pissed off and composed”

Says it came from Mathieu.
I'm almost certain the 'right' decision to make is to walk away from CJ.

But man, I'm gonna be bummed the fuck out if we lose this guy.

Forever ever https://t.co/qslLpQJqWZ

— Chris Jones (@stonecoldjones_) January 31, 2020

Watching him develop as a player and also learn to channel all that enthusiasm has really been a joy as a fan. Him and Kelce have matured before our eyes and I'd be awfully disappointed if he wasn't a guy we talk about 15 years from now as one of our all-timers because we couldn't afford him.

PM's deal will make for some tough decisions and the rational side of me says that we can absorb Jones loss...but the fan in me really likes this kid and would miss the hell out of seeing him in red on Sundays.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:43 AM 01-31-2020
Jones is a good dude.
[Reply]
Page 330 of 379
« First < 230280320326327328329330 331332333334340 > Last »
Up