ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 330 of 386
« First < 230280320326327328329330 331332333334340380 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:16 PM 05-13-2019
From my wife.

Maybe so many innocent people would not have died last night if she had good eye cream!
Attached: E97A16FA-6AED-4E0C-A1B7-69D9784C0572.jpg (26.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Fish 10:19 PM 05-13-2019
Cersei becomes the new Night Queen. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn....
[Reply]
Pogue 10:22 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Arya survived 3 buildings collapsing on her. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility. Especially since it seems to be a D&D move to give the audience a more gruesome death to villains.
They collapsed around her, not on top of her like Jaime and Cersei had the Red Keep collapse on their head. The red keep isn’t a small basement that is a couple feet underground. You have to figure a few tons of rock fell on their head.

Their realization that they lost ever in conjunction with the oncoming collapse of the red keep was pretty powerful before their demise.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:43 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Also I'm still holding out for the Blazing Saddles ending.
Bring out Dom Deluise

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
dmahurin 10:51 PM 05-13-2019
On the road to Meereen in season 4, Dany finds 163 slave children crucified. She decides to crucify 163 masters in retaliation without regard for their individual guilt or innocence.

Also in season 4, after Ser Barristan was killed by the terror group Sons of the Harpy. In response, Dany brings three masters to her dragonpit. All swear they have nothing to do with the rogue group. She burns one of them alive to send a message to the others. Was the man guilty? Innocent? We don’t know and Dany didn’t seem to mind not knowing.

In season 6, Dany returns to Meereen and finds the city under attack from the slave cities. This is her first instinct: “I will crucify the masters. I will set their fleets afire. I will kill every last one of their soldiers and return their cities to the dirt. That’s my plan.” Tyrion talks her out of it.

She has pretty consistently shown that when she is angered she can rather quickly leap to “kill them all” as the best solution regardless of whether it’s entirely justified or not.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:58 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
On the road to Meereen in season 4, Dany finds 163 slave children crucified. She decides to crucify 163 masters in retaliation without regard for their individual guilt or innocence.

Also in season 4, after Ser Barristan was killed by the terror group Sons of the Harpy. In response, Dany brings three masters to her dragonpit. All swear they have nothing to do with the rogue group. She burns one of them alive to send a message to the others. Was the man guilty? Innocent? We don’t know and Dany didn’t seem to mind not knowing.

In season 6, Dany returns to Meereen and finds the city under attack from the slave cities. This is her first instinct: “I will crucify the masters. I will set their fleets afire. I will kill every last one of their soldiers and return their cities to the dirt. That’s my plan.” Tyrion talks her out of it.

She has pretty consistently shown that when she is angered she can rather quickly leap to “kill them all” as the best solution regardless of whether it’s entirely justified or not.
yeah, no evidence of her being a mass killer of innocent civilians. D&D fucked it up again. :-)
[Reply]
smith11 01:02 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Jaime didn’t have an arc, he had a circle.
could he have left a bun in brienne the tart's oven
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:15 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
People saying Dany made this "surprise" heel turn are only looking at the positive/good guy virtues she's shown in the past. She's made many MANY references to "taking what is hers with fire and blood" and "burning cities to the ground." She is very impulsive. I don't think yesterday way a character assassination...it was just Dany being Dany without any advisors around to steer her.
You’re right — but I think a lot of people are disappointed that she “went bad” when she was so close to being good. Ultimately her viewing everyone in Westeros as guilty for not welcoming her the way the slaves of Essos did is a bad bad omen and probably something the Starks are going to try to stop. There just isn’t a lot of runway left to do much given everything that has to be wrapped up.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:55 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yeah, no evidence of her being a mass killer of innocent civilians. D&D ****ed it up again. :-)
163 masters isn't a mass killing to you?

Seems to me her last rampage was in proportion to her rage. The other events weren't personal. She heaps collective punishment in proportion to what it has to do with her own personal losses.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:57 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by smith11:
could he have left a bun in brienne the tart's oven
:-)

Good grief, she looks like she's in her fifties.
[Reply]
penchief 06:37 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's kind of endearing watching folks twist themselves into pretzels to try and rationalize what's gone on with the show.

It does make some sense here, though. It's reminiscent of Chiefs discussions in the '00s. Always finding that silver lining.
We don't all have to agree with the naysayers. I don't feel I have any reason to rationalize. There have been things that I thought were stupid, like how quickly Dany rescued the wight hunting expedition. But there is really nothing for me to complain about this season. The show set a very high bar for itself that it hasn't always been able to reach. But for the most part it has been consistently excellent.

A lot of people seem to be projecting their expectations onto others. I liked Cersei's death, not because it was lazy but because it wasn't lazy. A lot of fans wanted to see Cercei die like Geoffrey but instead they gave us a Cercei in shock, terrified, and grieving the end of her world.

In the end we all have different opinions that may or may not be equally valid. But regarding the criticisms of this show I don't believe your opinion is any more valid than those who appreciate the way the show is concluding. You don't have to like it but that doesn't make you smarter than everybody who does.
[Reply]
otherstar 07:28 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I'm glad I don't read most books that get made into a movie even with the disclaimer they are only "based on" some book. Comparing a book, an entirely different medium, to film or tv is just absurd.
Exactly, though I've read several books that got made into movies later. Case in point is The Lord of the Rings. I read the books several times LONG before the movies came out. The movies are good on their own, and capture the spirit of the story in the books, BUT are quite different than the books on many points.

It's just hard to capture a story from a book and turn it into a move. There have been very few exceptions to this and the only ones that pop into my head right now have been some of the adaptations of John Grisham's noves.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:03 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
It’s been confirmed by the actress that played Cersei.

There’s no point in her character continuing on, she’s lost everything.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:15 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
A lot of fans wanted to see Cercei die like Geoffrey but instead they gave us a Cercei in shock, terrified, and grieving the end of her world.
Grieving for her own personal loss of power—not for her people being slaughtered to boot. In an odd way, kinda' how Dany went rogue too. It was personal.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:17 AM 05-14-2019

[Reply]
Page 330 of 386
« First < 230280320326327328329330 331332333334340380 > Last »
Up