Page 33 of 68
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:45 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Would anyone give up the farm for Aaron Rodgers? I mean on the biggest stage of his career, he was given 3 takeaways and only got two field goals out of them.

Let you guys tell it Mahomes is the only qb worth trading for.
Honestly, he probably is
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:32 PM 01-31-2021
https://dailysnark.com/2021/01/31/es...w8EVMtfYLJmj2w

Originally Posted by :
ESPN’s Bill Barnwell would have Green Bay taking Deshaun Watson, the San Francisco 49ers acquiring Aaron Rodgers, the Houston Texans ending up with current Green Bay backup Jordan Love along with a series of first-round picks, while the New England Patriots would reunite Jimmy Garoppolo.

Here’s the full trade:

Packers send: QB Aaron Rodgers (to 49ers), 30th overall pick, QB Jordan Love (to Texans)

49ers send: 12th overall pick in 2021, 2022 first-round pick (to Texans), 2022 second-round pick (to Packers), QB Jimmy Garoppolo (to Patriots)

Patriots send: 142nd overall pick (to 49ers)

Texans send: QB Deshaun Watson (to Packers), 2022 fourth-round pick (to 49ers)

To simplify it for you:

Packers acquire: Deshaun Watson, 2022 second-round pick

49ers acquire: Aaron Rodgers, 142nd overall pick in 2021, 2022 fourth-round pick

Texans acquire: Jordan Love, 12th overall pick in 2021, 30th overall pick in 2021, 2022 first-round pick

Patriots acquire: Jimmy Garoppolo

The obvious winner of this trade would be Green Bay, who would be acquiring a 25-year-old superstar quarterback in Deshaun Watson, while the Texans would receive multiple picks and a potential franchise quarterback in Jordan Love.

The 49ers team is set up to win now and would give Rodgers a great chance to reach the Super Bowl.

Even with Jimmy G, the Patriots wouldn’t be looked at as competing for much of anything for quite some time.

[Reply]
mkp785 02:44 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Honestly, he probably is
DeSean Watson is no bum. I love the homerism. We all love Mahomes, but he's not the only quality QB in the league.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:45 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
DeSean Watson is no bum. I love the homerism. We all love Mahomes, but he's not the only quality QB in the league.
In comparison? He fucking sucks...
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:46 PM 01-31-2021
Nobody's saying all other QBs are bad.

We're saying they're in a tier or two below Mahomes.

Do you disagree?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:48 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
I think the Goff thing probably hurt Watson's chances of getting traded. Nobody is going to give up 4 first round picks. The Lions are getting paid to eat Goff's terrible contract, but still. It raised the asking price so high there are few teams that can offer significantly more than the Rams splurged on Goff, a 30+ never-was

You can't take a team like the Jets where the cupboard is bare and put Watson in the middle of a 2 win team with little draft capital in the coming years. That's not a recipe for success and he and his agent ought to push for someplace else.
Teams like Miami and NYJ don't need to. They can package in a pick or Tua or darnold. That's a wash because that would have otherwise been used on a qb. That gets you most of the way there. Houston gets a qb and they get cap relief. You'd still have to give up some picks but not nearly as many as another team who lacks that trade chip.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:52 PM 01-31-2021
In comparison? He ****ing sucks...
:-)

Jesus Christ.

No he doesn't, have you seen his numbers this year? Or the last 3 for that matter. Have you ever heard of Bill O'Brian? He's not a very good coach.

There's only 1 Mahomes but there's many young QBs that can ball out. Tell you what: name me another QB besides Mahomes that you would take if you had to pick? Under the age of 27.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:54 PM 01-31-2021
:-)

Jesus Christ.

No he doesn't, have you seen his numbers this year? Or the last 3 for that matter. Have you ever heard of Bill O'Brian? He's not a very good coach.

There's only 1 Mahomes but there's many young QBs that can ball out. Tell you what: name me another QB besides Mahomes that you would take if you had to pick? Under the age of 27.
I don't give a shit about his numbers. You realize that right?
[Reply]
mkp785 02:54 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Nobody's saying all other QBs are bad.

We're saying they're in a tier or two below Mahomes.

Do you disagree?
I agree. That said there's only one Mahomes and as much as we'd all like the rest of the NFL to just cancel games and hand Clark and Andy the title every year in September. I think they're gonna keep playing. If so, other teams will need QBs as well.

Watson is the 2nd best young QB in the league currently.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:55 PM 01-31-2021
I don't give a shit about his numbers. You realize that right?
Cool.

Answer the question:

Name me another QB besides Mahomes that you would take if you had to pick? Under the age of 27.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:57 PM 01-31-2021
Cool.

Answer the question:

Name me another QB besides Mahomes that you would take if you had to pick? Under the age of 27.
Allen had a major growth year, but he's still leaps and bounds behind Pat. Watson is below Allen and above Lamar at this point probably. Herbert looks promising.

I'd be very disappointed with any of those guys however knowing Pat exists. It's the MJ syndrome. No matter how good Reggie Miller and the Pacers around him got, they weren't winning over a healthy Jordan.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 03:05 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
https://dailysnark.com/2021/01/31/es...w8EVMtfYLJmj2w
The headline is correct in its use of adjectives. Insane.

This isn't the nba, mlb, or nhl, trades like that never work/happen in the nfl
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:10 PM 01-31-2021
No kidding. Name the last elite QB to win 4 ****ing games in a year.
Brett Favre?
[Reply]
mkp785 03:11 PM 01-31-2021
Allen had a major growth year, but he's still leaps and bounds behind Pat. Watson is below Allen and above Lamar at this point probably. Herbert looks promising.
Herbert I'll give you if he does it another year. I don't think he'll as good next season.

Josh Allen is a fraud. He has no heart and couldn't read our blitzes whatsoever last week. He damn near fumbled the ball and game away vs the Colts- and the Ravens lol.. That team is driven by Diggs.

Allen was trash his rookie year too. Watson took his team to 10 win season and whipped Allen's ass in the playoffs-a game where clowned 3(!!!!!) Texan defenders to convert a 3rd down. Do you not remember this? Allen threw the ****ing ball back and almost threw a pick.

This year was whatever. Texans were stuck with BoB.

Allen doesn't do 1 single thing better Watson....not a single thing.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:22 PM 01-31-2021
Herbert I'll give you if he does it another year. I don't think he'll as good next season.

Josh Allen is a fraud. He has no heart and couldn't read our blitzes whatsoever last week. He damn near fumbled the ball and game away vs the Colts- and the Ravens lol.. That team is driven by Diggs.

Allen was trash his rookie year too. Watson took his team to 10 win season and whipped Allen's ass in the playoffs-a game where clowned 3(!!!!!) Texan defenders to convert a 3rd down. Do you not remember this? Allen threw the ****ing ball back and almost threw a pick.

This year was whatever. Texans were stuck with BoB.

Allen doesn't do 1 single thing better Watson....not a single thing.
Terrible post.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 68
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up