ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 101
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:02 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You're just looking to argue. Of course it's conventional. They don't have a running QB, they don't use a ton of misdirection or exotic plays/formations; it's just traditional smashmouth football.
First of all, having two RB's rush for over 800 yards is not conventional in 2020/2021.

Second, they run a combination of wide zone, misdirection, and power sets.

I wasn't looking for an argument before but I am now.

You're wrong. Their running game is NOT conventional. It's the same running game Stefanski used in Minnesota and it's a lot more complicated than just running the ball into the center's ass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
He absolutely did. Elway was aging, and needed a ton of help to finally win it all. Elway by himself didn't win jack despite going to numerous Super Bowls.

I think Mr. Rainman, a few years ago, explained just how average John Elway was....and it absolutely took Shanahan's gimmicky offense and Terrell Davis to get Elway his rings....Heck, Shanahan made Jake Plummer look good for a couple seasons....It obviously worked very well for that era, but times have changed....

And not only did Mike Shanahan run that offense to cover deficient QB play, his son Kyle just went to a Super Bowl doing the same thing with Garrapolo

At the end of the day, the Browns run their offense through their running backs, not their QB.....
Exactly this.
[Reply]
Chieftain 11:53 PM 01-11-2021
Listening to the Browns podcast "Orange and Brown Talk", they were already talking about Mahomes as being the most talented QB that's ever played. One more example for that douche bills fan to show that sports analysts of other teams are already talking about this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:38 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

Mahomes sounds rested and ready to dominate. He said they want to get out to a good start and not fall behind like last year.

Andy said the same in his presser today.
They said the same thing before the Titans and San Fran games too. Still got behind. No worries. They are two games away from another SB. They will bring their “A” game.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:28 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They said the same thing before the Titans and San Fran games too. Still got behind. No worries. They are two games away from another SB. They will bring their “A” game.
And it's not like coming from behind for the win is any different for the Chiefs, anyways.

The Browns are a good football team and I expect them to put up a good fight, but I'm not too concerned. Reminds me of the 2019 Colts Divisional game.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:08 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Listening to the Browns podcast "Orange and Brown Talk", they were already talking about Mahomes as being the most talented QB that's ever played. One more example for that douche bills fan to show that sports analysts of other teams are already talking about this.
That's why I like the Browns....years of futility has made them honest. If they are perennially successful with multiple play-off appearances...they will become d-bags like every fanbase does.

That said....they were the beneficiaries of 5 turnovers yesterday...had the Steelers gone for the 4th and one, with the momentum...it might have been a one score game.

The Browns also weren't the recipients of any backbreaking penalties at crucial moments...which was surprising. They rival the Lions in getting ****ed over.

They made some plays...but lets be honest....Pittsburgh played about as terrible as they possibly could have. Ebron has the worst hands I think I've ever seen...he's dropped multiple passes in every game I've watched this year.

The Browns just got beat by the Jets two weeks ago... and KC has had two weeks to prepare. Teams that rely heavily on the run dont fare well...Chiefs just put up too many points...quickly. One stalled drive and you're down by 2 scores...
[Reply]
Mav 02:26 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
He absolutely did. Elway was aging, and needed a ton of help to finally win it all. Elway by himself didn't win jack despite going to numerous Super Bowls.

I think Mr. Rainman, a few years ago, explained just how average John Elway was....and it absolutely took Shanahan's gimmicky offense and Terrell Davis to get Elway his rings....Heck, Shanahan made Jake Plummer look good for a couple seasons....It obviously worked very well for that era, but times have changed....

And not only did Mike Shanahan run that offense to cover deficient QB play, his son Kyle just went to a Super Bowl doing the same thing with Garrapolo

At the end of the day, the Browns run their offense through their running backs, not their QB.....
Well, Chubb is the best running back in the NFL, so, that’s not a bad thing. But the Browns are not doing that because Baker is bad.
[Reply]
Mav 02:30 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
That's why I like the Browns....years of futility has made them honest. If they are perennially successful with multiple play-off appearances...they will become d-bags like every fanbase does.

That said....they were the beneficiaries of 5 turnovers yesterday...had the Steelers gone for the 4th and one, with the momentum...it might have been a one score game.

The Browns also weren't the recipients of any backbreaking penalties at crucial moments...which was surprising. They rival the Lions in getting ****ed over.

They made some plays...but lets be honest....Pittsburgh played about as terrible as they possibly could have. Ebron has the worst hands I think I've ever seen...he's dropped multiple passes in every game I've watched this year.

The Browns just got beat by the Jets two weeks ago... and KC has had two weeks to prepare. Teams that rely heavily on the run dont fare well...Chiefs just put up too many points...quickly. One stalled drive and you're down by 2 scores...
We lost to the Jets because not 24 hours before the game we had our top 4 receivers placed in Covid close contact protocol. Unfortunately, that loss meant we play at KC, and not Buffalo.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:36 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
We lost to the Jets because not 24 hours before the game we had our top 4 receivers placed in Covid close contact protocol. Unfortunately, that loss meant we play at KC, and not Buffalo.
I forgot that...but they still had Chubb/Hunt.

No hate on the Browns...but they would have to get 3+ turnovers to be close at the end.

Their defense isn't talented enough to handle the unscouted plays KC has been squatting on all year...been coasting on auto-pilot for weeks.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 03:12 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Bakers Mayfelds playing scary good. With confidence
No he isn't. Baker Mayfields played with a lead, against a shell of a Pittsburg team with Will Farrell at qb. Truth - Baker Mayfields' is going to get Burnt all crispy in the ends with some of that molasses heavy on the smoke plus a lot of tomato sauce. You saw what Chris Jones did to Tom Brady, Brees, and many other qb's this season. Dude is healthy. He is gonna get at least three sacks.
[Reply]
Mav 03:38 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I forgot that...but they still had Chubb/Hunt.

No hate on the Browns...but they would have to get 3+ turnovers to be close at the end.

Their defense isn't talented enough to handle the unscouted plays KC has been squatting on all year...been coasting on auto-pilot for weeks.

Absolutely correct. The Chiefs are so unique in their play calls, personnel, and formations. The game will not be particularly close. As a Browns fan, it’s just a part of the learning process. A year ahead of where I thought they would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pushead2 06:29 AM 01-12-2021
KC saw a good chunk of the Brown's offense last year when we played the Vikings.

After chatting with others, I expect them to roll out a similar defensive gameplan.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:42 AM 01-12-2021
Clay Martin is reffing this game. He just got out of the hospital from Covid. Between the Clowns and this guy I think they’re trying to infect us
[Reply]
Mav 06:56 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
KC saw a good chunk of the Brown's offense last year when we played the Vikings.

After chatting with others, I expect them to roll out a similar defensive gameplan.
Id say the Browns offensive line is much better, receivers much worse, qb much better. The Browns do not throw down field much if at all because we just do not have speed at the receivers spot.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:09 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
First of all, having two RB's rush for over 800 yards is not conventional in 2020/2021.

Second, they run a combination of wide zone, misdirection, and power sets.

I wasn't looking for an argument before but I am now.

You're wrong. Their running game is NOT conventional. It's the same running game Stefanski used in Minnesota and it's a lot more complicated than just running the ball into the center's assb
They have two #1 RBs so they have no issue swapping the two out. They don't often run two-back sets, or split one of them out wide, or run wildcat or any weird shit- it's a straight-up, conventional ground game.

They're good enough to just line up and beat you. They don't have to rely on a ton of misdirection and exotic plays (like KC) or the threat of their QB taking off on any play (like BAL). Run left, run right, trap, zone, dive, sweep.. doesn't matter.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 101
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Up