ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 103
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
Kiimo 03:08 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
It's completely untrue. Hell, you can go to his 2018 highlight reel if you want and see a 40-yard bomb the 2nd play. He ran deep often enough though. When you have 4 guys that can do it, you don't need him doing it every play.

Campbell is as fast (faster by electronic timing), bigger, and every bit as agile as Hardman. Campbell was more productive as a receiver. Campbell was a more productive kick returner early in his career than Hardman.

None of these are the reasons they chose Hardman over Campbell. So, I still try to reconcile it in my head. The only thing I can think of as a reason to choose Hardman over Campbell is that Reid thought he could learn the playbook more quickly. That's all I got. There simply is no other reason on the field or in testing to pick Hardman ahead of Campbell. Perhaps add in that Hardman is a good punt returner and Campbell didn't do that. Either way, doesn't much matter, not like he couldn't.

Campbell is about as natural a pass catcher as Dwayne Bowe and no, that's not a good thing.

He's also not a route runner. He's Tavon Austin.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM 05-02-2019
6.75 3 cone is very good. Usually anything under 7 is “good” but if you are under 6.8 then you are definitely “very good”.

Hard to believe Hill was 6.53. That’s is absolutely insane to go with 4.29 speed.

Hardman isn’t Hill obviously but he’s got elite caliber speed both vertically and laterally. I think Mahomes and Andy will help him look good as a rookie.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:01 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
6.75 3 cone is very good. Usually anything under 7 is “good” but if you are under 6.8 then you are definitely “very good”.

Hard to believe Hill was 6.53. That’s is absolutely insane to go with 4.29 speed.

Hardman isn’t Hill obviously but he’s got elite caliber speed both vertically and laterally. I think Mahomes and Andy will help him look good as a rookie.
An OU db ran a 6.28(!!!!) 3-cone at last year's combine
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:35 AM 05-02-2019
Hill might be the fastest and quickest WR in the NFL. And he never drops the ball and tracks it better than anyone.

WAHHHHHHHHHHH
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:38 AM 05-02-2019
Hardman is going to blow the doors off nickel corners with Hill and Watkins out there drawing coverage.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:40 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Hardman is going to blow the doors off nickel corners with Hill and Watkins out there drawing coverage.
If Hill comes out of this with only a 4-8 game suspension......then this offense is going to be fucking nuts come playoff time. How the fuck do you cover two guys that can burn you deep.....and then cover Watkins and Kelce who destroy the short and intermediate routes?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:41 AM 05-02-2019
He's not getting suspended.
[Reply]
Chargem 11:42 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Hill might be the fastest and quickest WR in the NFL. And he never drops the ball and tracks it better than anyone.

WAHHHHHHHHHHH
Just because I'm a pedant, you're forgetting that game when Tyreek had an easy catch in the endzone and the ball clunked into his helmet and he dropped it, Robinson was stood right there celebrating before the non-catch was made. Think it was against the Ravens maybe?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:42 AM 05-02-2019
60 TDs?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:45 AM 05-02-2019
BONER JAMZ
[Reply]
Shoes 11:46 AM 05-02-2019
The Campbell vs Hardman debate will be interesting to follow as each of their respective careers progress. In my opinion they are very similar prospects- their measurables are almost a wash, maybe the slight edge to Campbell in speed and agility and an edge to Hardman with strength. I don't put as much stock into Campbell's productivity at the college level as some might. I think his stats are over inflated due to playing on an extremely pass heavy OSU team while Hardman was on a polar opposite run heavy Georgia team. I wish I had some next gen stats on how many catches for both receivers were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Even their route running ability seems hard to predict at the next level- Hardman didn't play receiver in high school, came into the NCAA as a defensive back so he has plenty of room to grow. Campbell as well will need to improve his route running as well to shed the gadget player persona if he is to be successful.

Now obviously I am no scout and me watching a couple of highlight tapes does not make me an expert but the one thing that I noticed that I liked Hardman over Campbell is his ability to run through tackles and contact. To me Campbell looked more like a straight line sprinter (albeit a deadly one) while Hardman continually challenged defenders to bring him down (similar to Tyreek).

The Chiefs turned Tyreek Hill from an athletic gadget player into one of the best WR's in football, I hope they can elevate Hardman's game into that as well.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:47 AM 05-02-2019
Yeah I didn't see the new Hill thread before I posted. Holy crap we may get out of this.

I predict if nothing worse comes out - he gets 4 games for the comment she got on tape. Hopefully that's the worst of it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:48 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Just because I'm a pedant, you're forgetting that game when Tyreek had an easy catch in the endzone and the ball clunked into his helmet and he dropped it, Robinson was stood right there celebrating before the non-catch was made. Think it was against the Ravens maybe?
The exception that proves the rule.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:49 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Shoes:
The Campbell vs Hardman debate will be interesting to follow as each of their respective careers progress. In my opinion they are very similar prospects- their measurables are almost a wash, maybe the slight edge to Campbell in speed and agility and an edge to Hardman with strength. I don't put as much stock into Campbell's productivity at the college level as some might. I think his stats are over inflated due to playing on an extremely pass heavy OSU team while Hardman was on a polar opposite run heavy Georgia team. I wish I had some next gen stats on how many catches for both receivers were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Even their route running ability seems hard to predict at the next level- Hardman didn't play receiver in high school, came into the NCAA as a defensive back so he has plenty of room to grow. Campbell as well will need to improve his route running as well to shed the gadget player persona if he is to be successful.

Now obviously I am no scout and me watching a couple of highlight tapes does not make me an expert but the one thing that I noticed that I liked Hardman over Campbell is his ability to run through tackles and contact. To me Campbell looked more like a straight line sprinter (albeit a deadly one) while Hardman continually challenged defenders to bring him down (similar to Tyreek).

The Chiefs turned Tyreek Hill from an athletic gadget player into one of the best WR's in football, I hope they can elevate Hardman's game into that as well.
If anyone can it's Reid and co. I think catching, tracking the ball and feel for when to zig and when to zag are largely innate though - so hopefully he has those.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:52 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
60 TDs?
More of a possibility than people think
[Reply]
Page 33 of 103
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Up