ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 136
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:31 PM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
And that is bad advice.

There are plenty of good golfers that don't look at the ball at impact (Duval and Sorenstam are two great examples).
maybe for you, and most golfers aren't pros.

...and I highly doubt you aren't looking at the ball at contact.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:34 PM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
people slice the ball for a variety of reasons...just like topping.

everyone's swing is different. whatever works for you, do it!
Actually, there are four major poor shot types: the push, pull, hook, and slice.

The first two are caused by swing path; the other two are caused by face angle.

You can't hit a traditional slice, which is actually a pull slice, unless your path is outside to in with an open clubface. Ninety percent of golfers hit a pull-slice, and they all generally do it for the same reason: they can't turn, their grip is too weak, and their swing is too steep.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:36 PM 04-30-2015
maybe for you, and most golfers aren't pros.

...and I highly doubt you aren't looking at the ball at contact.
Feel isn't real. If you tell someone to look at the ball they won't get off the ball. Telling someone to keep their eye on the ball is a recipe for hanging back and flipping.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:40 PM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Feel isn't real. If you tell someone to look at the ball they won't get off the ball. Telling someone to keep their eye on the ball is a recipe for hanging back and flipping.
I can "see" why you were struggling with your slice. what are you thinking before you swing?
[Reply]
philfree 09:49 PM 04-30-2015
You need to try and see the ball at impact but your head can't be locked in a vice. Keeping your head down to long will cause a pull and or a meeting with a skank.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:49 PM 04-30-2015
I can "see" why you were struggling with your slice. what are you thinking before you swing?
I haven't struggled with a slice since Jack Kemp was a VP nominee. You may mean well, but you don't know what you're talking about, man.
[Reply]
philfree 10:56 PM 04-30-2015
I've been really struggling with my game but today I felt like a turned a small corner. I was able to go through my routine for a complete 9. I shot +1 for 9 holes but the main thing was the ability to stick with my routine.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 05-01-2015
So I've really been working hard on trying to get a little flatter into the ball. It's finally immensely paying off but I had to get more on plane going back so I didn't have to manipulate it as much in the way down.

I'm finally able to fire it down the forearm plane and not worry about it. Playing really well right now.

Although were having another little guy this month, this summer should be great for golf. Bandon dunes this fall, whistling straits (then chiefs pack Monday nightie) in the fall, And just found out I'll be playing cog hill and medinah in June.
[Reply]
ferrarispider95 12:10 PM 05-01-2015
The thing about golf is advice is not one size fits all. For instance, in my case, you are always told to fire the lower body first, which is correct. However, if I do, my arms get left behind and I block it to the right. To get the club more in front, I have to manually drop my elbow down, which gets the hips moving and keeps the elbow in front and drops the club in the slot.
[Reply]
ferrarispider95 12:15 PM 05-01-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
So I've really been working hard on trying to get a little flatter into the ball. It's finally immensely paying off but I had to get more on plane going back so I didn't have to manipulate it as much in the way down.

I'm finally able to fire it down the forearm plane and not worry about it. Playing really well right now.

Although were having another little guy this month, this summer should be great for golf. Bandon dunes this fall, whistling straits (then chiefs pack Monday nightie) in the fall, And just found out I'll be playing cog hill and medinah in June.
I have been working a flatter swing plane with a shallower entry into the ball.

Once you are in the elbow plane, with the elbow tucked in front of the hip, you can go it as hard as you want.

I like to curl under on the follow, which allows me to go hard as I want without ever turning the toe over. Aim on left side of fairway and ball falls to the right.
[Reply]
ferrarispider95 12:17 PM 05-01-2015
Keep your spine angle. Your head can move all you want. As long as you keep it behind the ball, you'll be abe to square the clubface
Exactly, head can move up and down and even sway off the ball a bit, but spine angle is the key for consistency.
[Reply]
ferrarispider95 12:18 PM 05-01-2015
Any aimpoint users, just watched the dvd and waiting for a digital level to arrive in the mail.
[Reply]
philfree 12:18 PM 05-01-2015

Sounds like an awesome summer of golf. I'm playing Buffalo Ridge next Saturday. For this time of year in the Ozarks it will be in the best shape of any course around since they had it spruced up for the Legends Of Golf.
[Reply]
philfree 05:28 PM 05-03-2015
Did any of you all get out and play this weekend? I played my home track and it's rough. Had a 7:30 this AM with a good player and we played it to a push. The old man had him down most of the day but could only hang on for a push. I should have won but I let myself down on 16 and 17. Played 18 well with a birdie putt to go +1 for the win but I missed it a little on the high side. It was a beautiful day none the less.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:36 PM 05-03-2015
Played 18 yesterday "with the guys", and 18 more today with somebody better than the guys...

[Reply]
Page 33 of 136
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up