ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 48
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:29 PM 09-23-2014
Never once have I bent a phone like that...and I cant really figure out why you would want to
[Reply]
Miles 11:42 PM 09-23-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Never once have I bent a phone like that...and I cant really figure out why you would want to
Guess there are some early reports with a very small sample size of some bending from pockets on the 6 plus. Wouldn't be surprised if it was more of people trying to find a fault than a real issue happening under normal use.
[Reply]
Infidel Goat 11:22 AM 09-24-2014
I currently have no cell phone and no contract. I'm a minimal user for things like phone and text, but will probably use my new device for email and simple web surfing rather than lug a laptop home most evenings.

I'm thinking about going with Ting and paying out of pocket for a device. I'm sure I'll pick something relatively cheap--maybe the Galaxy SIII, the Nexus 5, or the Nexus X (assuming it's priced close to the 5).

Why shouldn't I just go cheap with the SIII?
[Reply]
Buns 11:44 AM 09-24-2014
I just want to recommend the Motorola Moto G LTE to anyone looking for a simple smartphone that is more than snappy enough to run basic apps and games, is a great size (4.5 inch screen for the OG model), great signal on att and t mobile, and gets you through a day and night with 50% battery when you wake up. Camera is weak but works great in daytime. Think it's on sale for 200 on amazon, no contract.
[Reply]
Mojo Rising 12:17 PM 09-24-2014
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat:
I currently have no cell phone and no contract. I'm a minimal user for things like phone and text, but will probably use my new device for email and simple web surfing rather than lug a laptop home most evenings.

I'm thinking about going with Ting and paying out of pocket for a device. I'm sure I'll pick something relatively cheap--maybe the Galaxy SIII, the Nexus 5, or the Nexus X (assuming it's priced close to the 5).

Why shouldn't I just go cheap with the SIII?
If you are looking for a cheaper, older model phone I would go with the Nexus 4 or 5. They will get the OS updates from Google more quickly (at some point Samsung will stop updating the S3.) Also, there is no bloatware so the older processor's will not get bogged down as much.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:51 PM 09-24-2014

[Reply]
jd1020 05:38 PM 09-24-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Pretty much how I feel about the whole smart watch thing.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:31 PM 09-24-2014
Nexus 6:

Originally Posted by :
the Nexus X looks a lot like Motorola’s Moto X (2014 model), but it’s bigger - sporting a 5.92-inch display, instead of a 5.2-inch one.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Googl...Moto-X_id61030

:-):-):-):-)

That ****ing 5.9" keeps getting thrown around more and more. Looks like I might not be waiting much longer to pull the trigger on the moto x.

That render looks awfully suspicious to me, though. Has a Nexus device ever looked so similar to the manufacturers own flagship?
[Reply]
Mojo Rising 12:05 AM 09-25-2014
If you Google Nexus X most sites suggest it will be 5.2. The Nexus is a developer phone, not a flagship phone.

Originally Posted by jd1020:
Nexus 6:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Googl...Moto-X_id61030

:-):-):-):-)

That ****ing 5.9" keeps getting thrown around more and more. Looks like I might not be waiting much longer to pull the trigger on the moto x.

That render looks awfully suspicious to me, though. Has a Nexus device ever looked so similar to the manufacturers own flagship?

[Reply]
jd1020 10:03 AM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by Mojo Rising:
If you Google Nexus X most sites suggest it will be 5.2. The Nexus is a developer phone, not a flagship phone.
Never said it was a flagship phone.

Every thing I have ever read has gone back and forth between 5.2" and 5.9". This is the first rumor to come with an actual render and they seemingly confirm 5.9", although I'm not sure how legit it is as I have my doubts (it looks like someone literally just photo shopped a Moto X). And someone just leaked a Verizon device that's 5.2" and shares the same specs as the rumors surrounding the Nexus 6 called the Droid Turbo.

Whats sucks is that I could have gotten a Moto X early since I'm a student but now the white front is on backorder and will be 4 weeks before being shipped and I've made up my mind that if I got a Moto X it would be with a white front:

Switched the red trim to blue on the ebony and I saw someone else's design on android central with the navy leather, white front, and gold trim and it looked pretty damn good, so I copied that and changed the back to the navy plastic.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:52 PM 09-25-2014
Nexus 6:

Fuck that.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 09:32 PM 09-25-2014

Fuck that.
Awesome.

Size complex?
[Reply]
jd1020 10:37 PM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Size complex?
Too big...

obligatory that's what she said.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:37 PM 09-26-2014

Fuck that.
For the record, that's not the Nexus X.

http://www.gforgames.com/gadgets/mot...oto-x-g-45200/
[Reply]
jd1020 10:42 PM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by DaFace:
For the record, that's not the Nexus X.

http://www.gforgames.com/gadgets/mot...oto-x-g-45200/
???

Where does your link say that's not the next Nexus? It even says that the far right is either the "Nexus (codenamed Shamu) or an Android Silver device." Clearly the leak of the phone I posted has "Shamu" taped on it from the person who leaked it.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 48
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up