ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 35
« First < 232930313233 3435 >
Media Center>***The Official STEAM/PC gaming thread, with STEAM ID's***
Saulbadguy 10:19 AM 12-29-2009
I've seen enough people around here discuss PC gaming and Steam deals, that it warrants a thread of it's own.

I will add STEAM ID's to the thread header.

Saulbadguy - Saulbadguy
Basileus777 - Basileus777
KC Jones - GoZar
thecoffeeguy - .Icon
TrickyNicky - /A/Louis C.K.
KcMizzou - Brandon2674
GoChiefs - bfett81
Silock - Quantumdj
QuikSsurfer - QuikSsurfer
Buck - BuckinKaeding
[Reply]
Pants 08:16 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
This is what I’m hoping. My son’s 1080 is about 2 years old and it shreds anything he throws at it including Vive. I’ve been wanting to build another rig and now gpu prices are finally starting to soften.

My bitch with Nvidia is the gsync monitors cost double compared to the freesync monitors I got for my other two boys who have AMD cards.
I’ve heard there’s a hack to get freesync to run on nvidia but never tried it.
I seriously love that you're into this now, vail.

I think if I had gone with a 1080 when it came out instead of a 1070, I would not be upgrading with this generation. But, again, we'll see what the benchmarks say.

And, yes, I had to bite the bullet on G-Sync. Fucking Nvidia, man.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:57 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
I seriously love that you're into this now, vail.

I think if I had gone with a 1080 when it came out instead of a 1070, I would not be upgrading with this generation. But, again, we'll see what the benchmarks say.

And, yes, I had to bite the bullet on G-Sync. ****ing Nvidia, man.
Thanks man.
I don’t know why but I just really enjoy the whole build thing. Browsing NewEgg and a bunch of other sites just to look at components and read reviews, keeping up on new releases and tech news, visiting user sites and YouTube to see what and how others are building, and doing the actual builds. It’s fun and very cool to build something better than you can buy off the shelf.
[Reply]
Pants 08:42 PM 11-23-2018
I'm about to drop $600 on a 2080, you guys, and I know I shouldn't.

Someone please stop me.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:43 PM 11-23-2018
ps pro or xbox one x. Get something designed to run games.
[Reply]
Pants 08:46 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
ps pro or xbox one x. Get something designed to run games.
But I already have a really nice monitor and a DEEP library of PC games I've yet to play. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 09:32 PM 11-23-2018
I'm about to drop $600 on a 2080, you guys, and I know I shouldn't.

Someone please stop me.
Cool what 2080 are you looking at?

You planning on doing some 4K gaming? The benchmarks seem to show the 1080ti and 2080 running real close don’t they? If 1080ti prices drop like some say they will that could be a factor.

OTOH early adapting is fun and ray tracing games will become gradually more plentiful. If you get it I hope you’ll let us know how it goes.

You need to get a new mobo to run the card on?
[Reply]
jd1020 09:34 PM 11-23-2018
OTOH early adapting is fun and ray tracing games will become gradually more plentiful.
The question is will there even be enough before you are upgrading to a new card already.

How many did nVidia say can actually take advantage of it right now? 21 or some shit?

I mean... save the money if you have a 10 series card.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:38 PM 11-23-2018
But I already have a really nice monitor and a DEEP library of PC games I've yet to play. :-)
well then you should get it. It's not like you won't use it.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:39 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The question is will there even be enough before you are upgrading to a new card already.
True, I have no idea.

2 years ago my sons wanted a VIVE but since it had just come out I told them we needed to wait a year to let the initial bugs get worked out and some games come out. We used that year to build new rigs that could handle

When we got the VIVE last Christmas there were some games out and there are many more VR games now. I’m glad we waited.

Whether this is applicable here I have no clue.
[Reply]
Pants 09:42 PM 11-23-2018
I have a 1070 right now so it would be a massive upgrade for me.

I'm looking at the Zotac on sale on Amazon for $760 (I have $150 on my gift card balance).

I am not doing 4K gaming, but I have a high refresh rate G-Sync 1440p monitor and I want to maximize it. For example, I have to drop down BFV settings quite a bit just to get 80 FPS @ 1440.

I looked at buying a used 1080Ti locally from Craigslist for like $550. I figure with another $50, I can get this 2080 which at least (MAYBE?) will let me take advantage of DLSS EVENTUALLY? And I won't have to deal with sketch dudes selling me used hardware.

But I also know that 2080 is just a really shitty value in terms of everything. Argh.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:46 PM 11-23-2018
I have a 1070 right now so it would be a massive upgrade for me.

I'm looking at the Zotac on sale on Amazon for $760 (I have $150 on my gift card balance).

I am not doing 4K gaming, but I have a high refresh rate G-Sync 1440p monitor and I want to maximize it. For example, I have to drop down BFV settings quite a bit just to get 80 FPS @ 1440.

I looked at buying a used 1080Ti locally from Craigslist for like $550. I figure with another $50, I can get this 2080 which at least (MAYBE?) will let me take advantage of DLSS EVENTUALLY? And I won't have to deal with sketch dudes selling me used hardware.
I read this about the Zotac 2080 design fwiw, just one reviewers opinion. Don’t know if this is the one you are looking at.

The Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 Blower “only” costs $750 on Newegg, but it has a ho-hum plastic shroud and a single-fan, blower-style design—the very design that Nvidia’s Founder Edition cards dumped this generation. I’d suggest avoiding it. The Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Windforce and EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming each match the Nvidia Founders Edition at $800, and feature custom coolers more impressive than Zotac’s.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3307...-card-buy.html
[Reply]
Pants 09:53 PM 11-23-2018
I read this about the Zotac 2080 design fwiw, just one reviewers opinion. Don’t know if this is the one you are looking at.

The Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 Blower “only” costs $750 on Newegg, but it has a ho-hum plastic shroud and a single-fan, blower-style design—the very design that Nvidia’s Founder Edition cards dumped this generation. I’d suggest avoiding it. The Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Windforce and EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming each match the Nvidia Founders Edition at $800, and feature custom coolers more impressive than Zotac’s.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3307...-card-buy.html
Sorry man, the one I'm looking at is actually $770 and is not the blower.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

But THANK you.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:29 PM 11-23-2018

But THANK you.
$800 for a graphics card. Fuck that.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:11 AM 11-24-2018

But THANK you.
Looks like a nice card. Maybe Cyber Monday will bring more deals. Let us know what you do!
[Reply]
hometeam 11:53 AM 11-24-2018

[Reply]
Page 33 of 35
« First < 232930313233 3435 >
Up