ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 56
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
SLAG 01:16 PM 04-17-2007
Phil Leotardo is not as good of catholic as the show made it look,

Its against Cannon law to keep the urn in a public location.. it must be kept in a mausoleum or buried

FYI
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:16 PM 04-17-2007
It captured the sacred and the propane.
[Reply]
Brock 01:33 PM 04-17-2007
Originally Posted by SLAG:
Phil Leotardo is not as good of catholic as the show made it look,

Its against Cannon law to keep the urn in a public location.. it must be kept in a mausoleum or buried

FYI
Phil is a murdering thief, I doubt he really cares what the pope thinks about it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:48 PM 04-23-2007
1. From last week, Artie Lange observed brilliantly that Leonardo Da Vinci [the namesake Phil bemoaned the customs officials taking away from him in favor of a dance outfit] was a gay man. Irony.

2. Heckuva a time to introduce an angry violent young Asian.

3. Closing song, 'Sing Sing Sing.' Meaning?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:30 PM 04-23-2007
I thought for sure that Tony was going to whack Paulie but they have been there and done that with the show.

Why all the show time and nursing home drama when we only have 7 shows left? Jeeezzz what the **** is Chris doing behind Tony's back? More shots of the strippers. Hows bobby covering his azz? Whats the feds working on to nail Tony? Why don't we see Tony in the Docs office?
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:52 PM 04-23-2007
We all know its going to end in some kind of dssapointment. sopranos been lacking the past few years.
[Reply]
penchief 04:57 PM 04-23-2007
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
1. From last week, Artie Lange observed brilliantly that Leonardo Da Vinci [the namesake Phil bemoaned the customs officials taking away from him in favor of a dance outfit] was a gay man. Irony.

Maybe that crazy young Asian will win back Junior's trust and Junior will use him to finish the job that he and and Tony's mom couldn't. Wouldn't that be a senseless finish to the show? Maybe Tony gets whacked by the Asian before the season is over and the final couple shows depict a power struggle that ultimatley ends with Christopher succeeding Tony.
[Reply]
Que Card QB 05:32 PM 04-23-2007
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I thought for sure that Tony was going to whack Paulie but they have been there and done that with the show.

Why all the show time and nursing home drama when we only have 7 shows left? Jeeezzz what the **** is Chris doing behind Tony's back? More shots of the strippers. Hows bobby covering his azz? Whats the feds working on to nail Tony? Why don't we see Tony in the Docs office?
More shots of the strippers...I knew it was missing something. :-)

However I do think part of what makes the show so good, is that it keeps you asking those questions--I don't really want to watch Cleaver.
[Reply]
SLAG 08:08 PM 04-23-2007
Man this episode was weird..
[Reply]
Sully 08:15 PM 04-23-2007
Originally Posted by penchief:
Maybe that crazy young Asian will win back Junior's trust and Junior will use him to finish the job that he and and Tony's mom couldn't. Wouldn't that be a senseless finish to the show? Maybe Tony gets whacked by the Asian before the season is over and the final couple shows depict a power struggle that ultimatley ends with Christopher succeeding Tony.
I have a feeling the Asian/Junior storyline is more of a microcosm of what's going to happen with Tony as he shows more weakness...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:06 AM 04-24-2007

Indeed on number 2. All I could think was...wow...that's ironic timing.

I didn't think the closing song was Sing Sing Sing...I remember it was an old Big Band swing tune, but I don't remember it being Sing Sing Sing...if it was, well, that does present an interesting angle as well...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:24 AM 04-24-2007
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Indeed on number 2. All I could think was...wow...that's ironic timing.

I didn't think the closing song was Sing Sing Sing...I remember it was an old Big Band swing tune, but I don't remember it being Sing Sing Sing...if it was, well, that does present an interesting angle as well...
Oh believe me, as a bit of a Big Band geek, Sing Sing Sing by Benny Goodman and his Orchestra was an instant favorite of mine. I've loved that song since I was a kid. From the moment Krupa smacks the skins.

Amazon Clip
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:46 AM 04-24-2007
Oh believe me, as a bit of a Big Band geek, Sing Sing Sing by Benny Goodman and his Orchestra was an instant favorite of mine. I've loved that song since I was a kid. From the moment Krupa smacks the skins.

Amazon Clip
This one time at band camp.....

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:37 AM 04-24-2007

Amazon Clip
Oh, I know the song. Back in HS, I was in the Jazz band...I just must not have been paying attention at the end of the show. I heard the drum solo mostly, but my wife and I were talking about the show so I must have missed the melody...
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:26 AM 04-24-2007
This is a link to a very good writer who has been summarizing and breaking down each episode for a few years now....really good stuff...and the reader posts afterwards are usually pretty good to.

Hope you enjoy: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...15716#readmore
[Reply]
Page 33 of 56
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up